Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I repect you for being Honest . Some people will refuse to admit. Keep making excuses.
I enjoy discussing it with you. I think it's cathartic for me. Lol

I’m doing neither.... why do Pats fans need to talk about Tampa bay players... see how silly that sounds on a Patriots board... look your more then welcome to cheer for whom ever but I’m routing for the Pats as I’ve been for 30 plus years...

~Dee~
We still care about and want to follow Brady. Gronk too. This thread was for those fans but it seems to attract more of the naysayers. Although there are quite a few posters who do read the thread to keep informed but don't post.

That's the point. The colts cut Manning at seasons end because they were drafting Luck.

Of course I am upset Brady did not retire a Patriot but I am more upset as a Pats fan that Bill did not extend him AND had so succession. Just awful Cam.

Can you not see that for Tom, the Bucs move was by far, the best move he could have made? The offensive weapons here were awful as was clear in the 2019 season. Tom needed a loaded team on offense to have any chance to succeed as he was showing signs of decline believe it or not. His 2nd game for the Bucs last season was his 4th game in a row he threw an INT and he had 12 INTs last season, near the top of the QB board and he by far led the league in bad throws made. Now of course he wasn't in Manning-Noodle arm territory, but like Manning he needed a genuine top 5 roster on all sides of the ball to go to in order to have any chance of success. And he did that. He made the right choice.

Brady got want he wanted. His die hard fans didn't. Took it as insult that BB signed Cam. Brady went on to win A SB.
That's it in a nutshell. You really are great at getting across points in as few words as possible.

We are fans of Brady as a Patriot. I would have rathered him retire a Patriot with 6 rings with us then have left and won with the Bucs.

Can you not see that for Tom, the Bucs move was by far, the best move he could have made? The offensive weapons here were awful as was clear in the 2019 season. Tom needed a loaded team on offense to have any chance to succeed as he was showing signs of decline believe it or not. His 2nd game for the Bucs last season was his 4th game in a row he threw an INT and he had 12 INTs last season, near the top of the QB board and he by far led the league in bad throws made. Now of course he wasn't in Manning-Noodle arm territory, but like Manning he needed a genuine top 5 roster on all sides of the ball to go to in order to have any chance of success. And he did that. He made the right choice.

And they were the only ones who gave him a real offer…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Calm down dear, you're the one who says this is just a game aren't you?? :cool:

What I said was he was in decline, which he was. He's in his 40s, it's not a controversial thing to say. There were times he looked in decline and some of the stats show this. And I didn't say he was on a par with Manning, I specifically said, "Now of course he wasn't in Manning-Noodle arm territory". Again, your old trick of twisting what was actually said.

Again, I didn't say that. We can do this all day if you want? I specifically said "Now of course he wasn't in Manning-Noodle arm territory"

I went on to say, "like Manning he needed a genuine top 5 roster on all sides of the ball to go to in order to have any chance of success". That was the only comparison made, saying that both QBs went to better football teams than they left and needed to in order to have the success.

And I'm right. Brady could not get it done with the Pats and the terrible offense in 2019, he sucked in the Titans playoff game. He needed to go to a better team with better weapons and he did that and succeeded with them. I'm not sure what the issue with you in saying that?

And I'm right. Brady could not get it done with the Pats and the terrible offense in 2019, he sucked in the Titans playoff game. He needed to go to a better team with better weapons and he did that and succeeded with them. I'm not sure what the issue with you in saying that?
He really did not suck in the Titans game. We had key penalties (illegal man down field on the bomb to Watson) and key drops (Edelman) that prevented us from winning that game. It's a shame as we had the lead for most of it and just needed the field goal but kept shooting ourselves in the foot.

That being said, Brady himself is worth 5 wins more to any team. Even in his 40s he is still the supreme winner. If you look at Tampa's rankings both offensively and defensively from 2019 to 2020 they took a big jump forward especially when you look at advanced metrics like penalty yards, turnover/TD ratio, conversion percentage on third down, etc. Brady changed the entire culture of the team. It for sure had talent but it was not a championship team until Brady came on board and taught them how to come together to win. I mean we saw that for 20 years here. Many of our championship and AFC title teams were far from the most talented especially on the offensive side of the ball but Brady elevated everyone and made so many of the teams winners and champions.

so the Pats would have been 12-4 last year w/tb? can't agree.
Yes. Or at least 11-5. We don't lose to Buffalo twice (Brady owns them), we don't lose Denver, Houston or the Niners either IMO. And we most likely beat Seattle too.

Go to the 19:50 mark to see Manning and Brady in this episode of the Bucs season. This is when the Bucs traveled to Denver in the middle of the season. Just look at the shape Brady is in compared to Manning. It is hard to believe they once shared the same field together. Brady looks like he is 30 with lean muscle everywhere. For those doubting TB12 and its effects this is pretty powerful.

Also, Manning is one funny dude. Him ranking on Eli is hilarious. LOL

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgpU44Fxsko

Sorry we would have been 8-8 at best. Every one saw the Brady struggle in 2nd half if 2019 season. To put together consistent scoring drives. They had at least a great defense to win games. The defense fell apart last year. That's reason BB spend big to overhaul it in FA & Draft.
The defense did not fall apart. They were 7th in points allowed. The issue was the offense did not put up hardly any points and also turned the ball over. There is no way we are 8-8 with Brady. The guy has never failed to win less than 10 games since 2003. Remember the Oline/run game was much better last year than in 2019, that alone would have helped Brady perform like he did in 2018.

so the Pats would have been 12-4 last year w/tb? can't agree.
Yeah. No way we'd have gone 12-4 last year with Brady.
TB was 11-5 with Brady and all that talent they had.
Think about that.
In 2019, Brady/Pats lost to Baltimore, Houston, KC and Miami. Josh Allen was not JOSH ALLEN in 2019 and the Pats won each game by only 7 pts. Our #1 ranked D held Buffalo to 10 pts and 17 pts which is how we won those games. I've posted previously many articles showing that our slide on D in 2020 was far worse than on O.
23 fewer turnovers in 2020 than '19 is only 1 example.

Fascinating topic. Which team should most regret not signing Brady last year? The panel says - Saints, Niners, Broncos, Patriots.

Greeny said the Pats. LOL, LOL. In reality it really is the Pats as Brady totally clowned Bill.

But I would say it is the Niners. Brady wanted to go there, Jimmy got hurt again and then they trade all their draft picks for a project in Lance. They get the biggest dunce hat.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6H40TAQt4g

Fascinating topic. Which team should most regret not signing Brady last year? The panel says - Saints, Niners, Broncos, Patriots.

Greeny said the Pats. LOL, LOL. In reality it really is the Pats as Brady totally clowned Bill.

But I would say it is the Niners. Brady wanted to go there, Jimmy got hurt again and then they trade all their draft picks for a project in Lance. They get the biggest dunce hat.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6H40TAQt4g

If you believe that and if you are a Pats fan, how can that NOT make you angry at TB12?
I mean, by "clowning BB" didn't TB12 also "totally clown" the entire Pats fan base as well as Kraft? There's no other way to see it without intellectually rationalizing the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back