Towards the 53...

So, obviously more moves coming. At absolute minimum Thornton needs to go to short term IR, and we currently don't have a backup center.

Wouldn't it be nice if a guy who was at least a passable backup at another position could handle the long snapping duties? I know we're lucky to never have to think about long snapping, but if Cardona is out, how bad off are we? I assume they cover that contingency in practice at least occasionally?

I don't know if they get Ray through waivers. Out of everyone cut, Ray is the one I'd be most frustrated to lose, even though we have cover for him at that position better than most others.

So, obviously more moves coming. At absolute minimum Thornton needs to go to short term IR, and we currently don't have a backup center.

Wouldn't it be nice if a guy who was at least a passable backup at another position could handle the long snapping duties? I know we're lucky to never have to think about long snapping, but if Cardona is out, how bad off are we? I assume they cover that contingency in practice at least occasionally?
Think this first cut has a "want" list feel as opposed to need.
Next moves are need.
Some surprises, Herron, Tavai,,

For a team looking to get faster I kind of get it, he's slower than the TE's. Seemed like he would have at least been a good goal line option. I thought after that great ST's play preventing the touch back that was going to lock him in, the same play Schooler failed at, but I guess not.
He's slower than who?

For a team looking to get faster I kind of get it, he's slower than the TE's. Seemed like he would have at least been a good goal line option. I thought after that great ST's play preventing the touch back that was going to lock him in, the same play Schooler failed at, but I guess not.
I'm guessing Humphrey is actually a little faster than both Henry and Smith.

Last edited:
Humphrey will be picked up by some team...he won't last long. Kinda dumb.
AFAIK, Humphrey was released, not waived, so he can't be claimed on waivers. He's a free agent and can sign with anyone he wants. If he wants to re-sign with the Patriots, he can.

Well, then he didn't state that at all. This is his first sentence about Humphrey verbatim from the post to which I replied: "For a team looking to get faster I kind of get it, he's slower than the TE's."
I know that, but, he must have had a brainfreeze...Humphrey would be one of the faster hybrid TE's.

According to PFT, Wilkerson and Henry Anderson were IRed, not released. Not sure if that's accurate, but I hope so.

Well, then he didn't state that at all. This is his first sentence about Humphrey verbatim from the post to which I replied: "For a team looking to get faster I kind of get it, he's slower than the TE's."

I know that, but, he must have had a brainfreeze...Humphrey would be one of the faster hybrid TE's.

LOL, I know! That was my point, too!
Or maybe he meant exactly what he said.

Hunter Henry didn't work out for the combine, but had a pro day 40 time of 4.68. Jonnu had a 4.62. LJH had a 4.75 at the combine, and worse at his pro day. He also had slower 10 yard splits. :shrug-n:

It's a talented WR and TE core there, no question when you look at it. If the O Line gives Mac time, we're going to see really good production there imho.

It's a talented WR and TE core there, no question when you look at it. If the O Line gives Mac time, we're going to see really good production there imho.
The top-end talent doesn't blow you away, but we should be able to shop for mismatches among the coverage guys most of the time. Our 5th option should be better than their 5th best coverage scenario/personnel. I'll like it more when Tyquan gets back and works towards causing matchup problems late in the year.

Back