Trade Deadline is gone - No deals for the Patriots

He'll probably draft another f***ing do nothing backup LB with the 4th rounder in April. I'm pissed right now.
I do like your team as a contender to get to the AFCCG. It's a good team and Lawrence is a super QB, he really is.

Came close to dealing Uche to the Jags, though.

We really should have been sellers and accumulated as much draft capital as possible.

We really should have been sellers and accumulated as much draft capital as possible.
People have to buy what you're selling.

If say Jacksonville isn't willing to give up a high Day 3 pick for Josh Uche, you're better off keeping him, and either re-signing him or letting him walk. And yes, that's all he's worth, a 4th round pick, 3rd round pick if a team is desperate. The people that could have been traded would have filled up day 3 with picks, but that's about it.

No draft day deals? I'm shocked, shocked, I tell you! 😳 /s

Last edited:
Why get rid of the only assets worth building with?
Because it is time to do a full reset which should have happened in 2020.

People have to buy what you're selling.

If say Jacksonville isn't willing to give up a high Day 3 pick for Josh Uche, you're better off keeping him, and either re-signing him or letting him walk. And yes, that's all he's worth, a 4th round pick, 3rd round pick if a team is desperate. The people that could have been traded would have filled up day 3 with picks, but that's about it.

I'd think a fairly high 3rd might have been easy to get if the Pats didn't bury Uche on the bench when he was healthy. I get that he isn't
a rocket scientist in diagnosing running plays, but he will occasionally flash dominant rushing skills and everybody, but us, goes cuckoo
for guys that can get 10 sacks, no matter what other flaws they have. Say what you want, but he can get 10 sacks.

After Judon got hurt we might have plugged him in and seen if he could bring some heat, but we got a steady dose of Jennings, who doesn't have
his ability. And we'll lose Uche for nothing.

I'd think a fairly high 3rd might have been easy to get if the Pats didn't bury Uche on the bench when he was healthy. I get that he isn't
a rocket scientist in diagnosing running plays, but he will occasionally flash dominant rushing skills and everybody, but us, goes cuckoo
for guys that can get 10 sacks, no matter what other flaws they have. Say what you want, but he can get 10 sacks.

After Judon got hurt we might have plugged him in and seen if he could bring some heat, but we got a steady dose of Jennings, who doesn't have
his ability. And we'll lose Uche for nothing.
For a comp pick which will be higher than the 5th Jacksonville offered.
UNLESS they extend him, which is also a possibility. (He has to want to be here, of course)

And Uche will go somewhere else and get 15 sacks a year…I could see it happening.
Conversely, I could also see him pulling a Winovich (who I think they did get a 3rd for, to Hawg's point), and be out of the league in 3 years.

Back