Trade: Harry? Gilmore?

If we can get anything for Harry, we should trade him ASAP. Gilmore is tougher. I don't want to pay him some big extension given his age but I would rather keep him than lose him. I think with the depressed market, we have a good chance of maybe extending him for a lot less than he was angling for last year.

Harry has a dead cap hit of $4 mil, so he will stick without a decent trade value. Gilmore should want to play for the 1 year deal and hope to improve on his 2020 play. BB always likes players to play the contract year, they seem to try harder. He also would require a decent trade value. What those values are is anyones guess. My guess would be a 3 or 4 for Harry and a 2 for Gilmore. That is the way I see it at the moment.

I know there not exactly the same player but Agholor struggled every but as much as Harry has in his first couple of seasons and it never really panned out for him in PHL. I don't see Harry being successful here but it sucks, because I feel it may click for him down the road in a different uniform.
Last year was Nelson's best year. I hope that last year wasn't an anomaly...

BB needs to draft a WR in the draft after a QB.

I have some thoughts about this. I'll start by saying the Pats under BB have only had 1 WR1 and that was Randy Moss. BB doesn't need a WR1 for his passing game to be successful. Going back a ways to 2003, the Pats were effective and fun to watch with Deion Branch, David Givens and Troy Brown at WR & Christian Fauria and Daniel Graham at TE.
In 2011, the Pats had Deion Branch, Wes Welker and Chad Johnson at WR & Gronk and AHern at TE. That was pretty good, too.
That lineup is similar to our current lineup. The common denominators I see are a bunch of WR2s and 2 better than avg TEs. (Not saying these 2 TEs are as good as Gronk/Ahern)

I see our passing game going through the 2 TEs again which makes Agholor, Bourne, Edelman/Meyers plenty good enough with Gunner and Zuber in the wings.
I think that projects pretty well to be plenty effective for the passing game.

Rumors about Harry

View: https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1374687579770085393

All those moves only work . When you get production out of them. It's hasn't been case the past couple of season .

Oh I must have forgotten that you are an expert on what others are thinking. A few of us have been following this team from day one. Brady has long held a dislike of rookies. The fact that you seem to think yourself a better judge of a players talent than anyone else only shows your lack of knowledge. Harry was expected to be a Red Zone target and he has been. No one expected him to be a burner.

Oh I must have forgotten that you are an expert on what others are thinking. A few of us have been following this team from day one. Brady has long held a dislike of rookies. The fact that you seem to think yourself a better judge of a players talent than anyone else only shows your lack of knowledge. Harry was expected to be a Red Zone target and he has been. No one expected him to be a burner.

ROFL
I can't see who you are responding to bc I have them on "ignore". But I know who it is sure as heck.

That would be hilarious if Harry ends up in D.C.
What a bad franchise.

Seems to be credible reports that Bill is working on a mega deal to move up the draft which involved giving up picks and Gilmore. It's on another thread which one of the guys posted the video on from Ray Rauth and co. Rumours about a move to the Falcons spot in Round 1.

It would be a major mistake to move up for any QB not named Lawrence in this draft. I know things are desperate at the position, but I really hope BB does not make that move. I know everyone is excited about this FA class, but this team still needs a big influx of talent.

It would be a major mistake to move up for any QB not named Lawrence in this draft. I know things are desperate at the position, but I really hope BB does not make that move. I know everyone is excited about this FA class, but this team still needs a big influx of talent.

Where? At what positions besides QB and WR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m not sold on this class of QBs. Maybe if one falls, but it’s a mistake to give away the house for one.

Let’s get some LBs and DL in the pipeline.

Last edited:
Back