UDFA List

The big question who will be this years UDFA Star . To make the team last year it was Gunner & Meyers .

He spent a 5th on a guy that would’ve been undrafted.

Mindnumbingly stupid.

Well chevvs point makes total sense on why they chose him over Blankenship and to your point on using a 5th round pick on him only further cements the argument that I read before (although I’m not sure who or where it was said but I know it was talked about) that BB hates 5th round picks for some odd reason lol.

Maybe the odds of success at other positions for that particular round are just to low for BB’s liking, maybe like 3% or something.... :jester:

I’ll show myself out

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
2h
Boston College TE Jake Burt, an undrafted free agent, is signing with the New England Patriots and is receiving $80,000 guaranteed to do it, one of the larger guarantees for undrafted TEs, per source.

Well chevvs point makes total sense on why they chose him over Blankenship and to your point on using a 5th round pick on him only further cements the argument that I read before (although I’m not sure who or where it was said but I know it was talked about) that BB hates 5th round picks for some odd reason lol.

Maybe the odds of success at other positions for that particular round are just to low for BB’s liking, maybe like 3% or something.... :jester:

I’ll show myself out

I am not even sure that makes sense, he should hate 2nd round safeties too. lol. I mean just trade the 5th round and take him with one of the 7ths

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
2h
Boston College TE Jake Burt, an undrafted free agent, is signing with the New England Patriots and is receiving $80,000 guaranteed to do it, one of the larger guarantees for undrafted TEs, per source.

Well, all our local BC guys that watched Dillon , hows this kid?

He spent a 5th on a guy that would’ve been undrafted.

Mindnumbingly stupid.

I think these coaches know a lot more about what other teams are thinking. We get a very filtered view - but I'm guessing the 'frat' knows way more than we would be comfortable with - and as such some of these moves may have been done for very legit concerns. I'm just hopeful we don't have a kicking fiasco like we had last year.

BTW - I forget - did anyone pick up Ghost?

I love this time of year, right after the draft. So much hope. Right now, though, we should be looking forward to OTAs and that ain't gonna happen. We're heading straight into the NFL Dead Zone between OTA and TC and we won't even be able to pass the time debating whether or not TFB should have gone to OTAs.
Studham said he knows the offense well enough to skip OTA's

:coffee:

Studham said he knows the offense well enough to skip OTA's

:coffee:

I'm sure he would get a pass from you guys :coffee:

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

I think these coaches know a lot more about what other teams are thinking. We get a very filtered view - but I'm guessing the 'frat' knows way more than we would be comfortable with - and as such some of these moves may have been done for very legit concerns. I'm just hopeful we don't have a kicking fiasco like we had last year.

BTW - I forget - did anyone pick up Ghost?

If we knew that a team was going to take the 9th ranked kicker when no kickers were drafted in the entire draft, then we are cheating like no other cheating that we have ever done.

I'm sure he would get a pass from you guys :coffee:

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

If we knew that a team was going to take the 9th ranked kicker when no kickers were drafted in the entire draft, then we are cheating like no other cheating that we have ever done.

Like bid said and it's simple as this. Hoodie knew who he wanted and got him. No more and no less.

and I say its not about the player he took its about where he was taken.
It is all value, Bill supposedly ranks every player in numerical order, this is where he had this cat ranked.

What if he wanted to be like Adam and kick in a dome? he would have avoided teh Patriots. Drafting him means he is your bitch.

It is all value, Bill supposedly ranks every player in numerical order, this is where he had this cat ranked.

What if he wanted to be like Adam and kick in a dome? he would have avoided teh Patriots. Drafting him means he is your bitch.

That’s just an apologist attitude.

I don’t do it. I’ll call out the GOAT QB for suck play as easily as for great play.

And the same goes for Bill. GOAT coach. But he’s not perfect. And it really is ok to call it out.

You have a K ranked 9th overall with a career 77.4 percentage made. Taken with a 5th rounder! WTF! Numbers like that are the definition of meh. UDFA. Or if your hard on for the kid is that strong drop a 7. Fine.

A 5? When the holes are plenty? There was a PFF Top 50 player available at WR. The Develin news didn’t come out of left field. How about the very best FB in all of college football with the 5th? A DLine fattie to replace Shelton? The options to benefit the team were plenty, and you still could’ve had this pants tent inducing player Bill had to have.

That’s just an apologist attitude.

I don’t do it. I’ll call out the GOAT QB for suck play as easily as for great play.

And the same goes for Bill. GOAT coach. But he’s not perfect. And it really is ok to call it out.

You have a K ranked 9th overall with a career 77.4 percentage made. Taken with a 5th rounder! WTF! Numbers like that are the definition of meh. UDFA. Or if your hard on for the kid is that strong drop a 7. Fine.

A 5? When the holes are plenty? There was a PFF Top 50 player available at WR. The Develin news didn’t come out of left field. How about the very best FB in all of college football with the 5th? A DLine fattie to replace Shelton? The options to benefit the team were plenty, and you still could’ve had this pants tent inducing player Bill had to have.

I don't think it's apologetic. I agree with Mikie.

BB has a ranking system, and when that pick came up maybe Rohrwasser was next up on the list. Belichick just rates people differently than Kiper, Blesto, Ourlads, and the others. Would you have him NOT pick the guy he thinks will help the team most because the general consensus is that we need a different guy?

Wide receiver was obviously a bigger problem for fan and the media than it was for Bill, that's all. He alluded to that in one of the post draft pressers when someone asked about trading up. I don't recall exactly what he said but the gist was he that he might have more picks than players on his board and so used some of the later picks to ensure he got the guy he wanted by moving up a few spaces.

Kiper had Brady ranked as a fifth round pick so in 2000 anyone who would have drafted Brady in round one would have been accused of a horrible, unbelievable reach. And yet....

We think we know but we just...don't...know.

Back