UPDATE - Draft Party Plans!!!

COOKIEINCOLLEGE said:
hey and if I go overboard I know where bideau and his floor is located ;)

TIM

Now that's a frightening thought eeek

Luckily, my daughter is tucked away safely in Virginia and my wife is always by my side :p

When I was out on Thursday night, I met a guy that lives in Medway and we got talking about Patriots football, so I told him about the Draft Day Party that we are planning. When I mentioned to him that we might have it at Doc's, he was totally psyched and said to count him and at least one buddy in, if we had it there... He concurred with Brian's positive assessment of the place being a really good one for such a gathering... (Not that I doubted Brian's judgement, but just wanted to mention that yet another knew the lay-out of the place and could see it working well for us...)
And if I have calculated correctly, we only need at least 20 people to spend at least $25, in order to come up with the $500 minimum...
Given that we had 14 people last year, I think that getting 20 to commit this year, is a very realistic goal... (Afterall, we've already had Patti37, Mikie & Ras, "plus one(s)", indicated that they will be attending and those are above and beyond the past 14, which I am assuming will come again this year...)
So--I am up for Doc's, as long as we have at least 20 people (and that we can have them guarantee that they will dedicate a t.v. or two, to following the Draft coverage...)
What is our grand total of committed fans (not counting those in a mental facility!), that will be attending on 4/29?
I will DEFINITELY be there and will probably have a "plus one"... ;)
So, what say ye?... :)

Hafta spend at least 25 bucks on booze?? That's outrageous!!!:thumb:

I dont see much of a problem there.:party:

It doesn't matter much to me where we end up.

good people= good time.

If i'm not in the Carribean, i'm in.:patriots:

I really enjoyed the Endzone Draft Party 2 years ago. It might have something to do with the $1 drafts and 25 cent chicken wings. It was pretty easy to buy a couple rounds, the TV was fine and on the Draft all day, we met other Pats fans (including a former player), it was conveinient and getting a room right there would be cheap if nessesary.
But I don't care where it is. I've got to have some minor surgery and just hope I'm around for it.

One more update. I was back at Docs Saturday afternoon for a burger and a couple of Sam Whites :thumb: Spoke to the bartender a little bit about Draft Saturday.

First, they open at Noon, not 1:30. The website has the wrong hours posted.

She said that last year the place was pretty busy with quite a few Pats/NFL fans. A large group used the private room, but a lot of others were in the main area. There are two rooms. One has all leather furniture, is cheaper to use, but they don't allow food. So that one wouldn't work. The other is bigger and allows food and drink. However, she thought that they use a different menu for that room that's more geared towards function type food (deli platters, appetizers, etc.). She didn't know if the regular menu was available and the person in charge was off for the weekend.

She said we could reserve a large table in the main area. There was one table there with 16 chairs. My only concern to her was the ability to have the audio for the draft. The piped in audio is from the main screens. She didn't think that would be a problem since the Sox are not playing until later that night and there will probably be others there for the draft. But that's not a guarantee. The draft will definitely be on multiple screens, it's just a case of the audio. My guess is that it would be a case of popular demand. I'm pretty confident we would be the large majority there.

Right now, I'd be leaning towards reserving a large table rather than the room. We wouldn't have to worry about up front costs and the ability to mingle would definitely be there. If another group uses the room for the draft, there's very little stopping us from blending in with them.

Current signup sheet

This is what I've been able to glean from this thread. Either send me a PM or just post here if you want to be added or deleted:

Definites

Bideau (2 definite, 1 maybe)
Ras (2)
Coookie (1)
Peg (1 definite, 1 maybe)
Joephoto (1)

Maybes

PA_PATS_FAN54
Mikiemo
Sir_Drinkalot

Definite Maybes :huh:

Dchester (2)

bideau said:
One more update. I was back at Docs Saturday afternoon for a burger and a couple of Sam Whites :thumb: Spoke to the bartender a little bit about Draft Saturday.

First, they open at Noon, not 1:30. The website has the wrong hours posted.

She said that last year the place was pretty busy with quite a few Pats/NFL fans. A large group used the private room, but a lot of others were in the main area. There are two rooms. One has all leather furniture, is cheaper to use, but they don't allow food. So that one wouldn't work. The other is bigger and allows food and drink. However, she thought that they use a different menu for that room that's more geared towards function type food (deli platters, appetizers, etc.). She didn't know if the regular menu was available and the person in charge was off for the weekend.

She said we could reserve a large table in the main area. There was one table there with 16 chairs. My only concern to her was the ability to have the audio for the draft. The piped in audio is from the main screens. She didn't think that would be a problem since the Sox are not playing until later that night and there will probably be others there for the draft. But that's not a guarantee. The draft will definitely be on multiple screens, it's just a case of the audio. My guess is that it would be a case of popular demand. I'm pretty confident we would be the large majority there.

Right now, I'd be leaning towards reserving a large table rather than the room. We wouldn't have to worry about up front costs and the ability to mingle would definitely be there. If another group uses the room for the draft, there's very little stopping us from blending in with them.

Excellent update, Brian! :thumb:
I concur, on leaning towards reserving a large table, rather than the room.
So, what say ye??? ~Peg :)

Re: Current signup sheet

bideau said:
This is what I've been able to glean from this thread. Either send me a PM or just post here if you want to be added or deleted:

Definites

Ras (2)
Coookie (1)

Maybes

PA_PATS_FAN54
Mikiemo
Sir_Drinkalot
Joephoto
You can add Mr & Mrs DC as definate maybes.
________
hemp

Re: Re: Current signup sheet

dchester said:
You can add Mr & Mrs DC as definate maybes.

Ummm...OK...I added a category just for you ;)

I'm a "definite" wherever it is. I just found out my minor surgery won't be until at least May, probably June.

thomas144 said:
Picking #22 sounds awesome. Maybe they could trade that pick and Richard Seymour to the Jets for their pick.

wtf r u serious???!!!!!!

chef said:
wtf r u serious???!!!!!!

Thomas has been MIA for awhile, but since he is not here to lead you on, no, he is almost never serious.

Undertaker #59 said:
Thomas has been MIA for awhile, but since he is not here to lead you on, no, he is almost never serious.
UT.....

do you mean to tell me I read Memoirs of a Geisha for nothing?

WTF? :shake: ( Copyright 2005 mgoblue™® )

Re: Current signup sheet

bideau said:

Definites

Ras (2)
Coookie (1)
Joephoto (1)

Maybes

PA_PATS_FAN54
Mikiemo
Sir_Drinkalot

Dchester (2)

Brian--
You can add my "plus one" as a definite and add yet another one as a "maybe" with me... Thinking about bringing an extra guy along, so that would make us a total of a "threesome"... ;) ;)

P.S--Yoh--Mikiemo!!!--What is UP with your new signature??!!... Have you had a premonition or something??!! YIKES!!! Don't be jinxing the Draft Party, man!!! (Especially if ya haven't committed to coming, yet!!) ;) :D

Latest as of 3/19

C'mon people...time's a wastin'

Definites

Ras (2)
Coookie (1)
Peg (2 definite, 1 maybe)
Joephoto (1)

Maybes

PA_PATS_FAN54
Sir_Drinkalot
RichieM (2)

Dchester (2)
Mikiemo (2)

:patriots: Put me and my buddy down as a Maybe!! I am coming back from Vegas that morning at 6am, so planning on catching some zzz's and then coming down to the Draft Party!! Has anyone thought of holding the party at the Fun Way Cafe in Foxboro?? They have the Bar area that has a Big Screen TV and probably could accommodate a Big Table of People if you give them enough notice. Just a thought!!

RichieM said:
Has anyone thought of holding the party at the Fun Way Cafe in Foxboro??

I think The Fun Way or the End Zone would be great. I like being close to our Stadium.

If the majority of people prefer a different location than Doc's, then there better be a concensus soon. If you want it at Doc's, I'll go ahead and make the arrangements. Anywhere else, someone else will have to volunteer. I go to Doc's on a semi-regular basis and it's easy for me to take care of things next time I'm in. I've never dealt with the other places, so someone else can call and see if they'll guarantee the TV will be set to the draft and they have the space.

Majority rules, it's makes no difference to me.

Re: Re: Current signup sheet

Peg said:
P.S--Yoh--Mikiemo!!!--What is UP with your new signature??!!... Have you had a premonition or something??!! YIKES!!! Don't be jinxing the Draft Party, man!!! (Especially if ya haven't committed to coming, yet!!) ;) :D
somewhere on this board animal house Quotes started and this one seemed to fit.

I am moving myself up to a definite maybe and location is OK anywhere. I have never been to Funway and I'm not sure how "Family" orientated it is. Doc's sound good to me and the wife.

If you can't find me I'll be at the bars talking to Rosie doing double grape knee highs!!!!!

Back