UPDATE - Draft Party Plans!!!

Bah ...The soon to be wife definitely wants to extend the honeymoon. So count me out of the draft party :sulk:

Sureeee hunny having the wedding April 22nd sounds great!
Dumb fuggin polack doesn't think too check the NFL draft schedule first! GFD me! :banghead: arshhole :banghead: dipshit :banghead:

We're gonna miss ya, PA. But, at least you've got a pretty good reason ;)

C'mon people...time's a wastin'

This is what I've been able to glean from this thread. Either send me a PM or just post here if you want to be added or deleted:

Definites

Bideau (2 definite, 1 maybe)
Ras (2)
Coookie (1)
Peg (2 definite, 1 maybe)
Joephoto (1)

Maybes

Sir_Drinkalot
RichieM (2)

Definite Maybes :huh:

Dchester (2)
Mikiemo (2)

Re: Re: Re: Current signup sheet

mikiemo83 said:
somewhere on this board animal house Quotes started and this one seemed to fit.

I am moving myself up to a definite maybe and location is OK anywhere. I have never been to Funway and I'm not sure how "Family" orientated it is. Doc's sound good to me and the wife.

If you can't find me I'll be at the bars talking to Rosie doing double grape knee highs!!!!!
Oh, my bad, Mikie! I totally missed the Animal House reference! Silly me! Hope to see you and the Mrs there!
And PA--sorry that you and MrsPA can't be there, but have a great honeymoon, K? ~Peg :)

And Brian--let's just stick with Doc's this year. We can have it at the Funway next year. :)
I appreciate all of your time and efforts here. :)

Just thought I'd mention that 790The Score (Providence sports talk radio station) is having a draft party at the Dave@Busters at Providence Place Mall (just off of route 95). I might check that out on Saturday April 29th (draft day).

Here's the weblink:

http://www.790thescore.com/extra07.shtml

Gresh is usually at these events so I don't go. I can't stand that pantload.

I wish they would take that loudmouth Gresh off the WBCN Pats pre-game & postgame shows along with Tanguay & Zolak. THEY ALL SUCK talking over each other and out of conrol!! It was a lot better on WBCN before with Bill Abbott, Pete Brock & Tim Fox. I switched over last year to (ESPN the drive) that has the Russ Francis show before Pats games. At least he knows what is going on!!

RichieM said:
I wish they would take that loudmouth Gresh off the WBCN Pats pre-game & postgame shows along with Tanguay & Zolak. THEY ALL SUCK talking over each other and out of conrol!! It was a lot better on WBCN before with Bill Abbott, Pete Brock & Tim Fox. I switched over last year to (ESPN the drive) that has the Russ Francis show before Pats games. At least he knows what is going on!!

The only time I listen to the radio post game is leaving the lot after a home game. As soon as BB's press conference is over, I switch to 'EEI. And believe me when I say that a show has to really suck to make me switch over to Sheperd and Smerlas.

bideau said:
The only time I listen to the radio post game is leaving the lot after a home game. As soon as BB's press conference is over, I switch to 'EEI. And believe me when I say that a show has to really suck to make me switch over to Sheperd and Smerlas.
Shepturd and Smerlass are the dynamic duo of boot licking Tom Brady.

Is there anyone on ESPN Radio after the game? I thought Francis came back on after night games but to be honest I never tune in to check it out if there is a local program

Hey mikiemo83 - Russ Francis is on ESPN before and after Pats games for 2 hours!! He broadcasts from the FunWay Cafe in Foxboro!! He also has a show on every Saturday morning. His show this week is being broadcast from Vegas, because he is out there attending a SF 49er Super Bowl Reunion party!!

mikiemo83 said:
awaiting the day, do we need to pre pay any? let me know

No money necessary. We're not going to rent a room. The place is very big and will have no problem accomodating a group of people on a Saturday afternoon.

bideau said:

This is what I've been able to glean from this thread. Either send me a PM or just post here if you want to be added or deleted:

Definites

Ras (2)
Coookie (1)
Joephoto (1)

Maybes

Sir_Drinkalot
RichieM (2)

Dchester (2)
Mikiemo (2)
Ok I'll be a Not So Definite Maybe.

bideau said:
No money necessary. We're not going to rent a room. The place is very big and will have no problem accomodating a group of people on a Saturday afternoon.
What exactly are the plans? I'm too lazy to go look for through the posts.

Right now, the plans are to gather at Doc's in Milford. It's a big place and can accomodate a very large crowd. We don't need to make any special arrangments. I was there a couple of weeks ago and spoke to the person in charge. They assured me that the draft will be on the main screen since it won't confilict with a Sox game.

She suggested I check back in a couple of weeks before the draft. She recalled someone inquiring about renting out the entire place for an afternoon, but she was pretty sure it was for Sunday, not Saturday. I'll check in to make sure within the next week.

They open at Noon. Draft starts at noon.

bideau said:
They open at Noon. Draft starts at noon.
Draft beers start at noon :thumb: :toast: :party:

99% sure I am there, only reason not to is if the sitter backs out (has happened before). I am looking forward to wearing my Chargers shirt and Broncos hat >)

Last update from me....

Spoke to the manager last night. She checked her schedule book and the place is open. It's the following day, Sunday, that it's been rented out.

She said that the private room has not been booked yet. If it's still unbooked when we get there, we're welcome to use it, no strings attached, until 5PM. If people are still around after that, they can just move into the main area. She said if we're having a large turnout, I can call the day before and they can setup some tables for us.

Here's the latest known status for members:

Definites

Ras (2)
Cookie (1)
Joephoto (1)
Patriots4Ever (4)

Maybes

Sir_Drinkalot
RichieM (2)

Definite Maybes

Dchester (2)
Mikiemo (2)

Not So Definite Maybes

Oldirama

If you haven't put your name on the list, come on down anyways. The main reason for the list is to have an idea of how many so I can give the place a heads up.

bideau said:

Definites

Ras (2)
Coookie (1)
Joephoto (1)

Maybes

Sir_Drinkalot
RichieM (2)

Dchester (2)
Mikiemo (2)

Count me in as definate. We will be there on the 29th. Me, my wife, and a couple of friends will make the trek out there.

Patriots4ever said:
Count me in as definate. We will be there on the 29th. Me, my wife, and a couple of friends will make the trek out there.

Excellent :thumb:

Looking forward to meeting you and enjoying the afternoon.

Updated list is 2 posts above.

Back