Various America-related questions

gomezcat

Sniffing Ms Cat's knickers
Reaction score
Website
gomezcat.blogspot.com
So, anyway, we're booked in to see the following places in late September/early October: Denver, Boulder, Granby (a one-horse town in the Rockies), Estes Park (also in CO), Truckee, CA, San Francisco and Vegas. We're travelling on the Amtrak California Zephyr from Denver to Emeryville, which is just outside SF. Later on, we're flying from SF to Vegas and we're going to see the Canyon, of course.

Weather-wise, we can expect anything from 0 to 80. Eek!

Have any of you been to any of these places? Also, how many guns should I bring with me? Am I obliged by law to carry a concealed assault weapon? What's the etiquette with tipping?

Any other advice/insults/hijackings very welcome.

So, anyway, we're booked in to see the following places in late September/early October: Denver, Boulder, Granby (a one-horse town in the Rockies), Estes Park (also in CO), Truckee, CA, San Francisco and Vegas. We're travelling on the Amtrak California Zephyr from Denver to Emeryville, which is just outside SF. Later on, we're flying from SF to Vegas and we're going to see the Canyon, of course.

Weather-wise, we can expect anything from 0 to 80. Eek!

Have any of you been to any of these places? Also, how many guns should I bring with me? Am I obliged by law to carry a concealed assault weapon? What's the etiquette with tipping?

I once had sex with a Grand Canyon..Becareful if you head down one slip and you may never make it out..Does that help?

I once had sex with a Grand Canyon..Becareful if you head down one slip and you may never make it out..Does that help?

It does. However, the map of the Canyon fits easily on my screen, so it clearly is nowhere as big as everyone is claiming. Thanks, anyhow.

I tip around 15% depending on service.

If you have the opportunity, rent a car (can be done super cheap with hotwire.com) and drive from SF down route 1 to Santa Cruz (or even just down to Half Moon Bay). It is an amazing drive.

If you're in SF, I can recommend going to Tony's Pizzeria in Little Italy, but get there early to get your hands on the Margherita (he only makes 72 a day and they get wrestled away from him).

There's plenty of stuff to do out there, even just walking around Chinatown and such, so you should have a great time.
Hope that helps a little bit.

It does. However, the map of the Canyon fits easily on my screen, so it clearly is nowhere as big as everyone is claiming. Thanks, anyhow.
Try to find this...
tumblr_lvx0sgKPsB1r3jsrko1_500.jpg

I've been to Denver and the airport in Vegas.

Denver is beautiful. I was there during a late spring snowstorm. I learned that snow is fluffy WATER and standing in it until wet to the knees was not a good idea. Being from England, I'm sure you knew that already.

Vegas was so ****ing hot that it made me queasy. I refused to leave the terminal during the layover. It was July, though. Not the best time to go.

You should be fine. The train sounds fantastic.
Posted via Mobile Device

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SsbNKHnzWlQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh and don't tell anyone at the Grand Canyon that the world is ending before the SB. They'll kill you. :thumb:
Posted via Mobile Device

If you're going to be in Truckee and SF, you should try to make it to Yosemite.

Tipping Chart

Tip appropriately, as there's a "Lousy Tipper Database" :)
I guess she was a little angry...ROFL
<dl id="comments-block"><dt class="comment-poster" id="c286413630675434658">MICHELLE/THOMASTON said... </dt><dd class="comment-body"> WELL HERES A BALL BUSTER, THERES THIS FAT BITCH THAT COMES IN THE RESTAURANT ALL THE TIME WITH HER 2 YEAR OLD, SHE ORDERS MOZERRLE COROZZA, TURKEY CLUB, FRIES, AND 2 COKES, I GIVE EXCELLENT SERVICE, MAKE SMALL TALK, ACT INTERESTED, TALK TO THE BABY, SHE GETS THE CHECK AND LEAVES 0, I ASK WAS THE SERVICE OK, SHE SAYS OH YES, NEXT TIME SHE COMES IN WITH FIVE OTHER FAT ****S AND THGE 2 YEAR OLD BABY AND ORDERS, 3 MOZERELLES, FRIES, TURKEY CLUBS, AND 5 COKES, SHE MUST HAVE COME WITH NO MOINEY, SO HALF WAY THRU FATSO EATING MOST OF HER DINNER, WITH CHESSES AND SAUSE DRIPPING DOWN HER FACE, SHE SAYS MY MOZZERELLE SUCKS, I SAY OK, LET ME GET YOU ANOTHER, WELL THIS ONE SUCKS TOO, BY THE WAY THE WHOLE DINNER SUCKS, WELL, ILL TELL YOU OUR FOOD IS TERRIFIC, AND IT DIDNT SUCK, SHE WAS WORKING HER SHIT SO SHE DIDNT HAVE TO TIP AS USUAL, I TELL HER ITS NOT MY FAULT AND WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE IT BETTER, BY THIS TIME ALL THE FOOD WAS EATEN, SHE GETS HER CHECK AND AGAIN LEAVES 0, I LOSE IT, FINALLY AFTER OVER 20 YEARS I BLOW MY ****ING TOP, AND SAY WELL WOULDNT THIS FIGURE, NO TIP, YOU CHEAP ****, DONT YOU EVER COME IN THIS PLACE AGAIN, BOY DID IT FEEL GOOD TO LET THAT CHEAP FAT PIG A PIECE OF MY MIND, BY THE WAY SHES NEVER BEEN BACK, ALLELUHAH MICHELLE FROM THOMASTON CT
</dd></dl>

So, anyway, we're booked in to see the following places in late September/early October: .... San Francisco

As we commented in my SF topic, I'll definately contact you after our trip to San Francisco/Sonoma in July, and I'll try to remember to inquire about what you should expect for weather during your trip.

So, anyway, we're booked in to see the following places in late September/early October: Denver, Boulder, Granby (a one-horse town in the Rockies), Estes Park (also in CO), Truckee, CA, San Francisco and Vegas. .

Do you like big screens?

Maybe you could take in the Freemont Street light show on the old strip in Vegas. It's free, ya cheap bastard.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5L16eS4rerI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Everyone should hit Vegas once, although it is a shithole.

The train ride sounds like a blast, my guess is you will love that. Have fun......

Back