Virtual Drafting

Patriots71

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
Reaction score
Website
t.me
So it seems they are going to be doing Virtual Drafting this year. Guess which coach out of all the coaches is voicing concern about security against cheating. You will never guess....

I think virtual drafting will give the Pats an advantage and I like it. They will have their sh!t together a lot more than most teams. I'm guessing they are practicing all the comms channels and contingency plans right now.

I think virtual drafting will give the Pats an advantage and I like it. They will have their sh!t together a lot more than most teams. I'm guessing they are practicing all the comms channels and contingency plans right now.

Harbaugh is scared that his shit is going to get hacked. :jester:

Harbaugh is scared that his shit is going to get hacked. :jester:

I have one friend, in his upper 60's who is an acknowledged grade A hacker and a died in the wool hacker. He told me today he would never waste is cyber talents on f'ing Harbaugh's s***.

Cheers, BostonTim

All 32 teams will participate in a mock draft to test the technology

This year’s draft will be conducted remotely, and some teams have expressed concerns that technical difficulties could result in an inability to submit picks, contact other teams about trades, or otherwise conduct business as usual. So a practice session has been planned.

All 32 teams will participate in a mock draft, with general managers and league officials all set up at their home offices to oversee the technology and make sure it functions properly, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.

NFL general managers aren’t necessarily the most technologically adept people, so it isn’t surprising that they’re going to need some practice to feel confident they can do it right on draft day.

The draft starts two weeks from tomorrow, so the league has two weeks to make sure everything is up to speed.

I have one friend, in his upper 60's who is an acknowledged grade A hacker and a died in the wool hacker. He told me today he would never waste is cyber talents on f'ing Harbaugh's s***.

Cheers, BostonTim

dyed in the wool

God these bumbling idiots!

People teleconference every frigging day, solving major issues in the world. There’s one business booming it’s just that.

Set up a video conference. Have multiple league staff also standing by monitoring both landline and wireless. Text backup. Double confirmation.

For FVCK sake, this is so simple.

This is the NFL, 'nuf said. Roger Goodell

People teleconference every frigging day, solving major issues in the world. There’s one business booming it’s just that.

Set up a video conference. Have multiple league staff also standing by monitoring both landline and wireless. Text backup. Double confirmation.

When has the NFL ever made anything simple or logical ?

Goodell is quickly sweeping his ideas for using smoke signals under the rug.

I know, right? Jesus, we were solving submarine problems by conferencing with Washington and the fleet before I retired. And now with the lockdown, the VA is doing doctor and psychiatrist appointments via video-conferences that are somehow private enough to satisfy HIPPA law, and also doing teleconference support groups with full privacy for participants.

Yet, is there anyone who doesn't doubt the NFL will somehow screw this up, that some team will say they were fucked over?

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

This is the NFL, 'nuf said. Roger Goodell

You got that right.

Bert Breer says virtual meetings is catching on quickly with the NFL.

Lots of teams I’ve talked to, after some fits and starts at the beginning, have actually really taken to the current setup, believing they’ve become more efficient in cutting out the clutter that working in an office can create. And obviously, owners are seeing savings, especially those that have routinely flown in and housed scouts from all across the country for the two or three weeks leading into the draft. “I could see this changing everything for us,” one NFC exec said. “It allows you to be more efficient, you’re saving money, and honestly our meetings have been better than ever before. There’s not as much bull----. We’re just all locked in on this computer screen for hours at a time.”

Back