We can't win 'em all guys.....

Was BB right to go for on 4th down on the 16 yd line?

4 models say "yes" according to FootballPerspective.

http://www.footballperspective.com/...in-going-for-it-in-the-afc-championship-game/

The only fair way to make this judgement is by what you thought at the time.

The first time, Pats had been struggling to move the ball all game. You were in scoring position, but there was no reason to believe you'd be getting back there. I thought it was the right decision at the time.

The other 2 times the clock dictated "go for it".

Cooler head prevailed after a day to reflect. Rather lose the way we did than lose in the SB. Plus considering all the injuries and our mess of an o-line it was pretty awesome they made it as far as they did.

I still hope Denver gets blown out in the SB though.

this idea that it was better to lose now is the biggest bunch of BS ever. i am sorry but trips to the bowl are very very very rare, hell most teams would kill for even one chance at the bowl. to just brush aside that the pats blew a chance at competing for another lombardi is just breathtakingly arrogant. hell it could be 40 years before the pats get back to the bowl, its football anything including injuries can happen and every chance is precious

this idea that it was better to lose now is the biggest bunch of BS ever. i am sorry but trips to the bowl are very very very rare, hell most teams would kill for even one chance at the bowl. to just brush aside that the pats blew a chance at competing for another lombardi is just breathtakingly arrogant. hell it could be 40 years before the pats get back to the bowl, its football anything including injuries can happen and every chance is precious

You've missed the point.

The only fair way to make this judgement is by what you thought at the time.

The first time, Pats had been struggling to move the ball all game. You were in scoring position, but there was no reason to believe you'd be getting back there. I thought it was the right decision at the time.

The other 2 times the clock dictated "go for it".

this all of this it was the right call at the time for the reasons you stated.

taking a gamble is what BB always does when there is a chance to win it, hell it goes all the way back to super bowl 36 and madden saying i dont like what the pats are doing here, to last week throwing for the first down to end the game...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't that is football...

You've missed the point.

no no i didnt, there was no guarantee we would lose the SB, maybe health gets better in the 2 weeks off, maybe brady wins a game the way he can, the pats just blew a chance one that is never going to come back and may never come again. to say that was better than going there and losing is ridiculous and its football first world arrogance.

no no i didnt, there was no guarantee we would lose the SB, maybe health gets better in the 2 weeks off, maybe brady wins a game the way he can, the pats just blew a chance one that is never going to come back and may never come again. to say that was better than going there and losing is ridiculous and its football first world arrogance.

The poster you replied to said they would rather lose the AFCCG than lose the SB. Don't think they were saying they'd rather lose the AFCCG than win it or that the Pats would not have had a shot at winning the SB. Just that given the hypothetical choice between a guaranteed loss in one game or the other, they would rather lose the AFCCG. That's the way plenty feel, judging by the thread on that topic.

See, you missed the point.

The poster you replied to said they would rather lose the AFCCG than lose the SB. Don't think they were saying they'd rather lose the AFCCG than win it or that the Pats would not have had a shot at winning the SB. Just that given the hypothetical choice between a guaranteed loss in one game or the other, they would rather lose the AFCCG. That's the way plenty feel, judging by the thread on that topic.

See, you missed the point.

i get that but its a lame viewpoint, even if the sb loss was going to happen its far better to be in the bowl than sitting home. the viewpoint you are defending is nothing more than a way to justify and ease the pain of losing the afc champ game.

no biggie we were going to lose anyway.

i get that but its a lame viewpoint, even if the sb loss was going to happen its far better to be in the bowl than sitting home. the viewpoint you are defending is nothing more than a way to justify and ease the pain of losing the afc champ game.

It wasn't a viewpoint. It was a simple question. And many responded that they would rather get to the Bowl so on one is trying to ease anything.

Oh yeah? Well you're a lame viewpoint, so nanny nanny boo boo.

:domORIGINAL:

He's just stating, he personally, feels losing a as in any ACCG would be easier to take then losing a as in any SB. It's not lame. I could think of 2 SBs losses that were far harder to take then the loss of this particular game.:shrug_n:

~Dee~

He's just stating, he personally, feels losing a as in any ACCG would be easier to take then losing a as in any SB. It's not lame. I could think of 2 SBs losses that were far harder to take then the loss of this particular game.:shrug_n:

~Dee~

you know what you all are right...losing now is so much better than losing later...

you know what you all are right...losing now is so much better than losing later...

Thats not what anyone is saying we're saying that if you compare this loss which already happen can't change it, to one of the Super Bowl losses already happen can't change it this one was easier to take. Not that we'd rather lose a future AFCCG or a future SB :shrug_n:

~Dee~

Back