We can't win 'em all guys.....

We are gonna regroup and go after it again. So in BB's famous quote: We are on to........ **** I can't say it without sounding like a troll.

I still don't understand why Bill didnt kick the field goal with 6 mins or so left on the clock. Kick that and we would've won the game. We held them to 3 in the second half for gods sake I don't understand what he was thinking trying to go for it!

Well if Coach Bellichek has them kick the field goals then Broncos probably don't play as conservative as they did on offense. That being stated, I still think field goals should've been kicked don 4th down, particularly against that rabid defense.

I'm sorry you guys lost today.

We can't win them all....... but dammit, I want to.

As for teams who make it once every decade..... lol, some teams wish for that kind of luck.

We can't win them all....... but dammit, I want to.

As for teams who make it once every decade..... lol, some teams wish for that kind of luck.
Broncos made it to 2 SBs in 4 years. Panthers haven't made SB since 03-04 season almost 12 years ago. I don't want to put how many times we gone and how many years it takes. But we keep knocking on the door year after year. Maybe we can do it again next year.

Mrs Cat asked me why Miller was allowed a clean shot at Brady so often. I explained that I had no answer, especially given it's blindingly obvious that's he's going to rush 90 odd percent of the time. Hawg said it elsewhere, but giving up on the running game allowed an excellent pass rush to just tee off all day.

We don't have any big money free agents, and we can add to our O-line by cutting Mayo, Chandler and LaFell(but we also need to remember there are a lot of young players on D who need to be locked down long term).

Nate Solder isn't perfect in any way, but he would have been a huge upgrade yesterday. Also we get Lewis back. I'm looking forward to next season, and it should be a good one.

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

Mrs Cat asked me why Miller was allowed a clean shot at Brady so often. I explained that I had no answer, especially given it's blindingly obvious that's he's going to rush 90 odd percent of the time. Hawg said it elsewhere, but giving up on the running game allowed an excellent pass rush to just tee off all day.

Sadly our O-line is as bad at making gaps in the run game as it is blocking the rushers. Denver didn't need to make any adjustments when we tried the run.

I have to take my hat off to the Denver Defense, they were beast.

We all know the "recipe" for dealing with the Pats offense.

1. Pressure without blitzing
2. Take away quick reads
3. Don't make mistakes

Denver executed it close to perfection.

What do we need? More depth on the O line seems priority 1, and 2 to me. Maybe one more corner to match up on the slot.

We'll very likely be back in the AFCCG next year, let's hope we TCOB and play it at Gillette next time.

2. Take away quick reads
3. Don't make mistakes

What do we need? More depth on the O line seems priority 1, and 2 to me. Maybe one more corner to match up on the slot.

We'll very likely be back in the AFCCG next year, let's hope we TCOB and play it at Gillette next time.

It always sounds easy. The way to beat the Patriots is to pressure with 4 and drop 7 back into tight coverage.

Easy on paper. But actually doing it is a whole different story. It requires a stellar defense to do that like the D Denver has. It's not easy, you'll need grade A1 pass rushers and very good, athletic LBs and very good DBs.

It always sounds easy. The way to beat the Patriots is to pressure with 4 and drop 7 back into tight coverage.

Easy on paper. But actually doing it is a whole different story. It requires a stellar defense to do that like the D Denver has. It's not easy, you'll need grade A1 pass rushers and very good, athletic LBs and very good DBs.

Yep. It is not easy which is why Brady is the GOAT.

In terms of the thread topic, we can't win them all BUT we have a much better off-season ahead of us than last year with no big name FAs to lose like Revis and Browner and a great RB in Lewis coming back. The cap is going up. We are in MUCH better position this off-season to keep the winning going than last year when we were wondering about our secondary. With Butler and Ryan and stellar safeties we are maybe in the best position we have been in since the early '00s. Bill has done a great job retooling the defense to be young, stout and dominating. We just have to work on the offense which should not be hard - dump LaFell and Chandler, sign another legit WR/TE and get a RB. Maybe this is the year we spend a mid rounder or higher on a RB. And draft OL for depth. Starting 5 when healthy should be just fine.

The Pats really do need to find a Corey Dillon type running back...and upgrade the oline. The donkos didn't respect the Pats running game at all. Not even a little bit.

It's too bad that Brady threw those picks...oh well.

The Gost PT and Brady's first INT were killers. You don't expect your two best players to let you down in such epic ways. Brady actually largely did his best otherwise. The OL was just so tremendously bad. A row of folding chairs probably would've made a better barricade.

Not kicking the first FG was a mistake - but it's easy to figure that mistake now. It's a lot easier to figure it in the five seconds they had to make a decision. Amendola's effort to gut it out and get them the extra yards actually put them in a bind.

The unsung stupid play of the game was Marcus Cannon's false start. Brady was stopped on that sneak, but only by an inch or two. They would've picked up the first down on an ensuing sneak.

I wonder if we'll hear from the "hey, look, Marcus Cannon had a good game crowd" folks who come to Marcus Cannon's defense every time he makes a successful block over the course of the season. Yes, I know the negative nancies are usually wrong, and the source of their ire is often a much maligned but decent player who is just stuck with bad matchups. But I'm sorry. Marcus Cannon is just not a good offensive lineman. He sucked inside last year, and he sucked at tackle this year. He has OK games here and there, and I'm sure he is a hard worker and a good guy. But he cannot block players above average players. I know Von Miller is a beast, but on some of those plays, it didn't even look like Cannon wanted to move. He's terrible, and he is the owner of one of the worst contracts Belichick has ever handed out.

5 AFCG's in a row is something to be proud of. Your team's not done yet (No matter how much the rest of the league wishes they were).

Like we say in Buffalo all the time, better luck next year!

This is where I'm at right now, TB still has a couple more years to get that 5th ring. Fix the O line and get a running game going and they'll be right there next season.

This is where I'm at right now, TB still has a couple more years to get that 5th ring. Fix the O line and get a running game going and they'll be right there next season.

True. But really TB12 has done everything a player could possibly do in this game. He has 22 post-season wins which is just a staggering number. He also is just shy of 8,000 yards passing in postseason and 56 TDs. I would LOVE for him to get a chance at #5 but honestly ring #4 made him and Bill the GOATs and was so satisfying on every level possible. It makes losses like yesterday much easier to take and also appreciate just how hard it is to win the Super Bowl.

True. But really TB12 has done everything a player could possibly do in this game. He has 22 post-season wins which is just a staggering number. He also is just shy of 8,000 yards passing in postseason and 56 TDs. I would LOVE for him to get a chance at #5 but honestly ring #4 made him and Bill the GOATs and was so satisfying on every level possible. It makes losses like yesterday much easier to take and also appreciate just how hard it is to win the Super Bowl.

This is exactly why I slept well last night. :sleep:

This is exactly why I slept well last night. :sleep:

Me too. lol.

I was saying to my family ALL season that anything the Pats do from here on out is gravy. Their regular season records and post-season records IMO will never be broken. Not in this era of FA/cap. It is unreal what we have witnessed and they ain't done yet. :shoot:

2. Take away quick reads
3. Don't make mistakes

At the risk of sounding repetitive, it was a carbon copy of SB 42. I mean, Denver was getting to Brady only rushing 3 at times. I don't understand chasing points on the road. Why not kick the FGs? You could tell early on in the game that it was going to be a rock fight

That 1st drive by Denver converting on 3rd and 10 was a real killer. It looked like the Patriots were going to get that quick 3 and out they so desperately needed. Instead, it turned into a long, sustained, time consuming drive that resulted in a TD.

The Patriots had poor field position all day long (minus the 1 drive after the lateral pass) and not converting on 3rd downs was just amazingly frustrating.

Just my $.02 FWIW

Back