We can't win 'em all guys.....

At the risk of sounding repetitive, it was a carbon copy of SB 42. I mean, Denver was getting to Brady only rushing 3 at times. I don't understand chasing points on the road. Why not kick the FGs? You could tell early on in the game that it was going to be a rock fight

That 1st drive by Denver converting on 3rd and 10 was a real killer. It looked like the Patriots were going to get that quick 3 and out they so desperately needed. Instead, it turned into a long, sustained, time consuming drive that resulted in a TD.

The Patriots had poor field position all day long (minus the 1 drive after the lateral pass) and not converting on 3rd downs was just amazingly frustrating.

Just my $.02 FWIW

Denver's punter was the MVP of the game and probably of the season for them.

Denver's punter was the MVP of the game and probably of the season for them.

I mentioned this a couple of times during the game day thread. The field position battle was big in the 3rd quarter. Denver's punter was executing perfect kicks to keep the Pats inside the 10 while Allen was pooching 35-40 yarders in the thin Denver air. He could never flip the field.

I mentioned this a couple of times during the game day thread. The field position battle was big in the 3rd quarter. Denver's punter was executing perfect kicks to keep the Pats inside the 10 while Allen was pooching 35-40 yarders in the thin Denver air. He could never flip the field.

Allen was disappointing this year. Vey inconsistent. It is a shame that Ghost is taking the fall for the game when Allen IMO was more to blame.

My vote is Solder.

I just watched that game.

I appreciate the struggles Cannon has fought thru but if I ever have to watch him play T in the NFL again I may just give up the game.

Cannon and Fleming were awful yesterday. Granted That D-line was all over the place but I saw both of them trailing the pass rusher all the freaking time.

2-15 on 3rd down

Not good

Surprisingly, the Patriots had 8 more 1st downs than the Broncos.

I purchased 3 games to Glory last offseason.
I did not watch it because I was experiencing the joy of my team being the SB champs all offseason.
THIS offseason, I will sit down and watch it. It will help.

The Broncos only scored 3 points in the 2nd half.

The Patriots had 3 possessions inside Denver's 30 and only got 6 points.

lol Ok then ROFL

How long would that appeal take?

Can they keep appealing back and forth till the Supreme court?

Actually he can:shrug_n:

Appeals take quite a while at this level. He could file for an injunction so he'd be allowed to play. This could potentially go on for years.

~Dee~

We don't have any big money free agents, and we can add to our O-line by cutting Mayo, Chandler and LaFell(but we also need to remember there are a lot of young players on D who need to be locked down long term).

Nate Solder isn't perfect in any way, but he would have been a huge upgrade yesterday. Also we get Lewis back. I'm looking forward to next season, and it should be a good one.

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

Sadly our O-line is as bad at making gaps in the run game as it is blocking the rushers. Denver didn't need to make any adjustments when we tried the run.

Very good point.

Surprisingly, the Patriots had 8 more 1st downs than the Broncos.

Not surprising given that the held the Broncs to 161 yards after their opening drive. Everything was set up for a 20 point win. I don't blame the coaching, play calling, kickers, refs, or Brady. Just two things...

1. Monster DEN D/line or crappy NE o/line, however you want to call it.
2. Mid-season injuries to quality RBs that could've helped NE diversify the offense.

Either way, I've never been LESS upset over a big loss. They gave it their all and simply got beat by a stronger front. No shame at all, just tip your cap and move on.

We're spoilt in many respects. The vast majority of fans in the league have a shot every 10 years or a bit less at doing something and the rest of the time they don't make the playoffs or they're out early.

We're in a weird position with the consistency of this team, against all the odds, against what the NFL wants which is parity and all teams having the same shot.

We hate losing, but it happens, we made yet another AFCCG and won the division. There are a lot of things to fix, the O Line and ST need fixing. And we have no 1st round draft which is serious, but we'll be back...

Even a coach like BB has to accept he made mistakes. That Miami game is glaring.

Shit, how about a spoiler tag next time, huh? I had the game DVR'd, planning to watch it the night before the Super Bowl in order to surprise myself for the following day, and then I see this thread. :mad:

I purchased 3 games to Glory last offseason.
I did not watch it because I was experiencing the joy of my team being the SB champs all offseason.
THIS offseason, I will sit down and watch it. It will help.

I have been watching the Super Bowl from last year (I taped it) over and over all season. It has been glorious. I also frequently hit YouTube and watch the Seahawks fan reaction videos to Butler's pick. Honestly, if you are ever feeling down those videos will pick you right up. ROFL

Was BB right to go for on 4th down on the 16 yd line?

4 models say "yes" according to FootballPerspective.

http://www.footballperspective.com/...in-going-for-it-in-the-afc-championship-game/

I have been thinking about this play a lot. It was fourth and one. Bill pretty much goes for fourth and one every time. There was six minutes left and the Pats had not been down in the red zone in the second half except for the opening drive when they got the FG to make it 17-12. So if Bill had kicked there and it was 20-15, I have a feeling all the folks that said Bill had lost his nerve this season would have been chirping to high heaven especially if the Pats did not make it back into scoring position again. Because we KNOW we did make it two more times, it makes the call look wrong but if they pick up the one yard and score there and then miss the two then it is 20-18 with maybe 4 minutes to go if you allow for the time it would have taken to get into the end zone from the 15. So, I do think it was the right call to be aggressive at that moment even though I was screaming to kick the FG because I did not want the game to come down to a 2 point conversation. So frustrating.

BB didn't make the decision in that moment. As usual, he planned for every scenario, and had his options ready, with percentages ticking off in his head.

Cooler head prevailed after a day to reflect. Rather lose the way we did than lose in the SB. Plus considering all the injuries and our mess of an o-line it was pretty awesome they made it as far as they did.

I still hope Denver gets blown out in the SB though.

lets be honest, they started 10-0 this season. they then finished the season 3-5 in the last 8 games. something just wasnt working at the end of the year. Injuries, oline whatever...it was just bad after thanksgiving. i think we can all agree it better to start slow and finish fast at the end of the year. i think all those online changes all year took its toll and it just burst at the seems on sunday!

lets be honest, they started 10-0 this season. they then finished the season 3-5 in the last 8 games. something just wasnt working at the end of the year. Injuries, oline whatever...it was just bad after thanksgiving. i think we can all agree it better to start slow and finish fast at the end of the year. i think all those online changes all year took its toll and it just burst at the seems on sunday!
Yeah, it was the backups who weren't working out so well. With a healthy Solder and Wendell, Cannon is on the bench, and the Pats likely win in Denver. Add in Lewis and Blount, and we would have had a running game, and possibly a big win. However, none of those guys were available.

They can say next man up all they want, but at some point it takes it's toll. The starters really are a lot better than the backups.

Back