weather ...

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
My lawn is already as green as the Wicklow Hills in late March. I don't need this. (Flash flood warnings blaring over all my devices and raining like Like Montpelier in July). I don't need this. :coffee:
August is 'sposed to be hot and dry for my Tomatoes.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiY9auVzaII

Cheers, BostonTim

Last edited:
We're expecting a Category 3 hurricane to hit Southern California this weekend.

And I'm scheduled to fly out of Santa Barbara on Monday morning (heading for the East Coast).

I don't need this. :coffee:

I completely re-did my grass 2 years ago so I have a sprinkler system I can control from my phone in case we get a scorching summer like we had last year. Ordinarily when there is rain, I will get a notification that the timer is going into a 24-hour rain delay. Welp, with the summer we've been having, I am getting notifications that the timer has switched to off mode. Even my sprinklers have lost all hope.

On the flip side, I haven't spent much $$$ on water.

My Daughter Anne lives in Johnston, RI. They just had a Tornado. Just missed her apparently. She didn't need that. :rofl:

Tornado took the gutters and some flashing off my house a few weeks back, plus tossed everything in the backyard into adjacent yards. First warning we got was the wind whipping up, then it turned green, then the gutters ripped off...then the tornado alarm went off, by which time La Famiglia Wanderer were in the basement, except the visiting aunt who was curled up upstairs and crying. My older kids went up to calm her down and get her to the basement.

We got wrecked by the derecho back in 2020, and we've been near a handful of tornadoes, but after a decade in Cedar Rapids, this was the first time a tornado actually hit us. Thankfully, it was a glancing blow.

We’ve had 52 days above 90° out of the last 54 days. The other two days were 88°…. The heat index has reach 115 a lot… my fellow southern coworkers are even crying uncle… they usually Bragg to me that you haven’t experienced Jacksonville heat until you live here. I can confirm with the amount of crying going on it’s true. :coffee:

We’ve had 52 days above 90° out of the last 54 days. The other two days were 88°…. The heat index has reach 115 a lot… my fellow southern coworkers are even crying uncle… they usually Bragg to me that you haven’t experienced Jacksonville heat until you live here. I can confirm with the amount of crying going on it’s true. :coffee:
plus swamps, snakes, gators, but really, it's the humidity. :coffee:

I work with guys in Dallas and San Jose, so weather is often a casual talking point.
I stopped asking the Dallas guys "how's the weather" they have had it so hot
while I'm not fan of all these rainy days, my lawn is doing great, and I really needed it after a few falls that were light on rain and lawn never recovered from going dormant during summer (I gave up watering grass several years ago, unless I have new seed down). I'll take this over what others have to deal with (we also have big team in India and they are getting scorched, I never ask "how's the weather" to them)

75% of everyone I work with is based in Florida so day after day they sound like a bunch of crying pussies, just like you. :coffee:

Was hot, been nice this week. Ride 10 miles on my bike this morning. Going to be hot again next week.

plus swamps, snakes, gators, but really, it's the humidity. :coffee:

Can't forget the spiders, cockroaches and all the other insects!

new york cockroach GIF

Been mostly off the grid camping by a pretty secluded river for several months. Gotta tell ya, I knew nothing about this roughing it camping style, the rain had made it 10 tines more difficult as I figured out the way to do it right but figure it out and nail it, I did. The mosquitoes are the worst I've ever experienced because of the rain. It has literally rained at some point almost every day up here in the Lakes Region of NH. All the massive thunder storms have had me looking up to the sky asking the big guy if that's all he's got and exhorting him to bring everything he's got.

At the end of the day I've learned and grown more from this experience than any other with the exception of a 4 month Marine bootcamp program years ago.

Wouldn't change my decision to do this for anything. But goddammit, stop freaking raining already. 😂

Been mostly off the grid camping by a pretty secluded river for several months. Gotta tell ya, I knew nothing about this roughing it camping style, the rain had made it 10 tines more difficult as I figured out the way to do it right but figure it out and nail it, I did. The mosquitoes are the worst I've ever experienced because of the rain. It has literally rained at some point almost every day up here in the Lakes Region of NH. All the massive thunder storms have had me looking up to the sky asking the big guy if that's all he's got and exhorting him to bring everything he's got.

At the end of the day I've learned and grown more from this experience than any other with the exception of a 4 month Marine bootcamp program years ago.

Wouldn't change my decision to do this for anything. But goddammit, stop freaking raining already. 😂
Not a student of "the book", but I'm pretty sure the "big guy" said he won't flood the earth again. I would get nervous if a thunder storm produced large hail that turned to fire.

Not a student of "the book", but I'm pretty sure the "big guy" said he won't flood the earth again. I would get nervous if a thunder storm produced large hail that turned to fire.

Well, this one time, at band camp...mushrooms....something, something...fire from the sky...something, something...thunder storms all night.

But I digress.

There was the one morning when I woke up on what was the beach the night before in a flooded tent with half of my gear floating down the river. I questioned my atheism, briefly that morning. So there's that. Lol

:)

Back