Week 1 Patriots vs Titans discussion thread

Titans starting LDT Sen'Derrick Marks not at practice and will be doubtful; big loss for the Titans. Mike Otto out, Jurrell Casey, Scott Solomon and Zac questionable. Solomon's knee was scoped 8 days ago.

If I am not mistaken the pats are just going to be without Varren...hopefully it stays that way.

All I want to see is the secondary play a lot better. They could not play physical at all last year. They kept giving up a ton of yard. Ras -I & Mccourry are are 2 best physical CB.
I hope Jones , Nink , Cunningham & Scott have a big year at DE. A good pass rush Is a secondary best friend.

I just want to see the Pats offense come out strong and take a demanding lead thereby placing Locker into catchup mode and forcing him to pass, pass and pass some more. At this point I want to see BB unleash Jones and tell him to pin his ears back and get after the QB en route to a 3 sack day.

I'd like to see the Pats win by 56 - 0. (I'm not saying that's what will happen, but I'd sure like to see it).

:)

I'm merely hoping:

- that the Pats win comfortably (by 10 would be fine)
- that the Pats' offense makes no turnovers
- that the Pats defense gets 2-3 turnovers (actually recovering a fumble or two would be nice for a change)
- that the Pats suffer no new injuries that would keep the player out of Week-2

Very excited for the opener as I am with all of them. This will not be an easy game but I do like our chances. I think the defense is capable of holding CJ down, we just have to see what they do to make him a non-factor. Interested in what we see from the offense as well. I agree on the notion of WW being largely unmentioned with the extensions of Gronk/Hernandez and the saga with Brian Waters and everything else. I've considered him a "sleeper" just because people are more focused on the TEs. I think he'll have a good game.

Also looking forward to seeing #85 in action, something that I said last year, too. Hopefully we get much different results.

Go Pats!

I've got to work tomorrow.....

But I have the game set to record on the DVR. Now all I have to do is avoid people and the radio until I get home around 6:30.....

Per Mike Reiss, with a win today against the host Titans, Brady will reach 125 wins in the fewest starts (160) among quarterbacks in NFL history.

Dennard and McDonald are OUT

The New England Patriots, who on Friday had listed running back Shane Vereen (foot injury) as out for Sunday's game at Tennessee, on Saturday announced cornerback Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring) and offensive lineman Nick McDonald (shoulder) also wouldn't play against the Titans.

Both Dennard and McDonald had been listed as questionable on Friday's injury report.

Other players listed as questionable on Friday -- tight end Daniel Fells (shin), cornerback Sterling Moore (knee) and offensive tackle Sebastian Vollmer (back) -- are presumably still in the mix for Sunday's game.

Also looking forward to seeing #85 in action, something that I said last year, too. Hopefully we get much different results.

Go Pats!

After all the glowing reports from mini-camp right through TC I was very curious to see whether we could get him the ball and the preseason would have to be called a disappointment as far as he is concerned. He was mostly invisible.

I will assume that was at least partly by design and the Pats are serious about diversifying the air attack and stretching the field for the other guys, but I'm not sure if Lloyd is really the kind of guy that corners will have to play with off coverage. He needs a few moves to break open. The Titans aren't a bad pass rushing team, but don't seem to stack up to the Eagles and some of the other teams that disrupted our offense totally over the last month. We'll see how that looks now that it counts.

This is one of the keys I will be looking for. Will Brady have time to find a traditional outside-the-hashes WR that can consistently get open and haul in enough to force the D to adjust to him?

I'd love nothing more than to see him catch 7 or 8 and be very productive right out of the gate.

After all the glowing reports from mini-camp right through TC I was very curious to see whether we could get him the ball and the preseason would have to be called a disappointment as far as he is concerned. He was mostly invisible.

I will assume that was at least partly by design and the Pats are serious about diversifying the air attack and stretching the field for the other guys, but I'm not sure if Lloyd is really the kind of guy that corners will have to play with off coverage. He needs a few moves to break open. The Titans aren't a bad pass rushing team, but don't seem to stack up to the Eagles and some of the other teams that disrupted our offense totally over the last month. We'll see how that looks now that it counts.

This is one of the keys I will be looking for. Will Brady have time to find a traditional outside-the-hashes WR that can consistently get open and haul in enough to force the D to adjust to him?

I'd love nothing more than to see him catch 7 or 8 and be very productive right out of the gate.

Personally, I'd be happy with 2-3 catches from Lloyd outside the numbers in the first half. That alone would be enough to open the middle for us. It would also give him some confidence.

Greetings from Kevin Faulk
K. Feezy ‏<s>@</s>feezy_k Wishing all the guys on the 2012 NE PATS the best of luck today against the Tennessee Titans. Be a PATRIOT today!!!

Perhaps he was "mostly invisible" only during the practices (and parts thereof) that were open to the media and public. Welker was, kinda, too.

And, of course, NObody has seen Salas running Patriots routes or catching throws from Brady.

Actually, no one has seen much of the Pats 2012 offense.

Yet.

Perhaps he was "mostly invisible" only during the practices (and parts thereof) that were open to the media and public. Welker was, kinda, too.

And, of course, NObody has seen Salas running Patriots routes or catching throws from Brady.

Actually, no one has seen much of the Pats 2012 offense.

Yet.

You're right. This has been quite a curious preseason in that BB has chosen to show our O less than any other year I can remember other than that '07 year with Moss. That in itself gives me hope. That goes for D, too! I'm excited to see all the starters on the field to see just what BB has been brewing behind closed doors since practices were closed to the public and media.

I just can't see our offensive line having a good day... Call me a pessimist,but I think with Volmer and Mankins having very little snaps,and both guys aren't 100% healthy does not bode well IMO...Losing Light was our biggest loss early on,but as the season goes on I think the continuity of the line should improve. I Think our defense is going to surprise the league and could possible carry this team for once.. Pats 38 Titans 10. The New and improve Defense will score 14 points...

Back