Week 11 Other Games

Hmmm this Browning fellow can run and chuck it a bit?

Kombucha No But GIF

Well, screw this game. Sunday bye week games should be fun.

This year has been a very down year for play across the entire league, and I don't really hear any talk about that. The league's really felt the impact of the lack of OL practicing and the overrated QBs, even at the supposedly highest levels, starting to make it more clear that they are less than they've been hyped to be, among other things.

After the loss to Houston I expected a lot more from Cincy ... D is showing flashes but overall looks flat.

Lamar is not going to last the season doing this, again. And they need him to do this to win.

Lamar is not going to last the season doing this, again. And they need him to do this to win.

Under the old rules, maybe even during the Vick era, Jackson would probably already be out of the league because of the hits he'd have taken. It's why I laugh at people who argue that you have to have a "mobile" QB in today's game. Brady won a SB just a couple of years back, in his first year on a brand new team, yet we're supposed to believe that running around all over the place is a QB requirement today.

Under the old rules, maybe even during the Vick era, Jackson would probably already be out of the league because of the hits he'd have taken. It's why I laugh at people who argue that you have to have a "mobile" QB in today's game. Brady won a SB just a couple of years back, in his first year on a brand new team, yet we're supposed to believe that running around all over the place is a QB requirement today.
And the "running QB" really isn't even a new thing anyway. There have been plenty of running QB's over the years and they all learned it's a great way to get hurt. So they change or they don't last long

Tarkenton ran because he had to - won nothing. Randall Cunningham ran because he wanted to - won nothing (shame, since he was a great passer). Vick - same.

Lamar, Allen - nada.

Kermit can run, likes to roll out of the pocket and go backyard (like Rodgers) - but can play in the pocket as well. Both got rings.

Joe Montana and Steve Young ran when they needed to - otherwise agile pocket passers who won it all.

Tarkenton ran because he had to - won nothing. Randall Cunningham ran because he wanted to - won nothing (shame, since he was a great passer). Vick - same.

Lamar, Allen - nada.

Kermit can run, likes to roll out of the pocket and go backyard (like Rodgers) - but can play in the pocket as well. Both got rings.

Joe Montana and Steve Young ran when they needed to - otherwise agile pocket passers who won it all.

Yep....

There's a huge difference between "His mobility is an added bonus, and it can really help him extend plays and get occasional running yards" and "His ceiling's lower than the other guys because hes limited to being a pocket passer".

Meanwhile, the 12 most recent SB winning QBs:

Mahomes
Stafford
Brady
Mahomes
Brady
Foles
Brady
Peyton
Brady
Wilson
Flacco
Eli

Lamar, Allen - nada.

Kermit actually takes what the defense gives him now
Unfortunately has made him into QB1 of the league and foreseeable future.
When he tries to get cute he gets into trouble but he's been better at it

OK, going to give this place another shot after all these years. And Jackson is still a runner who likes to try playing QB. He may never get that mindset changed.
Miss you at Patfans. I’m “amfootball “ over there. We corresponded a ton on the Brady/Tampa forum. Always like your takes. Glad to see you here.

This Pats season has been a dumpster fire. :(

Miss you at Patfans. I’m “amfootball “ over there. We corresponded a ton on the Brady/Tampa forum. Always like your takes. Glad to see you here.

This Pats season has been a dumpster fire. :(
You need to get a life man.....

As do I

Back