Week 13 Gamete Thread - @Bills, Mon Dec 6th, 8:15pm EST

I'm a troll for pointing out that you're crafting a narrative before the game is even played?

Ok.
:cute:
Pot meet kettle, apparently you haven't visited your board lately, talk about crafting a narrative...........lol. You've been doing it since you got here with your Twatter hot takes and you calling the Pats fans here fair weather fans is BS, so you get the troll moniker.

Last edited:
Pot meet kettle, apparently you haven't visited your board lately, talk about crafting a narrative...........lol. You've been doing it since you got here with your Twatter hot takes and you calling the Pats fans here fair weather fans is BS, so you get the troll moniker.
Sure. Coming from you, I'll wear the title you're giving me as a badge of honor. That doesn't mean I am though. You have a good day now, bye.

Sure. Coming from you, I'll wear the title you're giving me as a badge of honor. That doesn't mean I am though. You have a good day now, bye.
Lol...............no response about you calling us fair weather fans I see. Adios amigo. :moss:

Just saw yet another talking head give the "Patriots haven't beat anyone, so why should we believe they're for real" take. Getting pretty tiresome, considering 1) how much they win by; 2) how close their losses were, and to which teams; and 3) that Buffalo's resume (and especially their wins) are at least as "bad," not to mention much more recent.
The Tits aren't anyone? Ok...

Mediots are stupid, inane, and, inept.

My point is that the hoodie was never before so active in free agency. Of course, when you have the GOAT at the most important position on your team, I suppose it affords you the luxury.

How long did it take the Bills to become relevant again? I don't have to tell you, you know, but to answer, too fucking long. But I'll tell you this, The Bills Mafia and Bills Fans everywhere are tried and true. We are not what some fan bases have as far as fair-weather fans go. Win or lose, we are behind our team, 1000%, year in and year out.
You Bills fans deserve to have a nice shiny star for being such unusually great fans- not!
Most of us were loyal Patriots fans long before this great 20 year run.
Hell, even the Jets have a loyal fan base as pathetic as they are.

Slightly out of character for the hoodie to spend so lavishly, isn't it?
He's an economics major. He tends to maximize value. We did go heavy in free agency, but as someone previously said, every free agent is overpaid. He'll either get them to restructure, trade them for more value, or get a compensatory pick for them.

Just saw yet another talking head give the "Patriots haven't beat anyone, so why should we believe they're for real" take. Getting pretty tiresome, considering 1) how much they win by; 2) how close their losses were, and to which teams; and 3) that Buffalo's resume (and especially their wins) are at least as "bad," not to mention much more recent.
100% agreed, but thankfully you can automatically disregard anyone with that take as an utter moron who knows nothing about football. The goal in the regular season is always 100% win rate vs bad teams, 50% vs good teams, and any deficiency in the former will eventually have to be made up for by greater than expected performance in the latter. That's the recipe to high playoff seeding, folks can keep 'not being impressed' by wins all they want, all it means is they'll inevitably pick against the Patriots in every important game and be wrong way more often than they're right, because their football IQ is less valuable than a coin flip.

My point is that the hoodie was never before so active in free agency. Of course, when you have the GOAT at the most important position on your team, I suppose it affords you the luxury.

How long did it take the Bills to become relevant again? I don't have to tell you, you know, but to answer, too fucking long. But I'll tell you this, The Bills Mafia and Bills Fans everywhere are tried and true. We are not what some fan bases have as far as fair-weather fans go. Win or lose, we are behind our team, 1000%, year in and year out.

You won't find any fair-weather fans here. I've been a Pats fan since 1973 and many here have been fans since way before BB took over.
We've enjoyed the last 20 years and we're looking forward to another 20 just like it which may begin this year & if not then next year for sure.

If McDermott is smart he will sell out to stop our running game and put the game on Mac's shoulders. That's what I'd do in his position.
In that case, McD will still run enough to keep it legit but use the short passing game with PA to move the chains just as if he were running the ball.
Imo, Mac has shown enough poise to pull it off plus make some chunk throws along the way.

What do you think?

From TheAthletic
1/2
FOXBORO, Mass. — The last time the Bills and Patriots played was late last December in an empty Gillette Stadium. The Bills had already wrapped up the division. The Patriots were winding down their first losing season in 20 years The Bills poured it on in a runaway, 38-9, in which they pulled Josh Allen with nearly a full quarter to play. They became the first team to sweep the Patriots in a season in 19 years. It felt like they were trying to erase two decades of torment in a single night.

“It just shows that we have evolved as an organization and as a team that we’re nobody’s little brother,” Bills tackle Dion Dawkins said after the game. “We’re not nobody’s little cousin, little dog, no. We’re here. You’re going to respect us. You’re going to play us hard and you’re going to circle us on your schedule, and we’re going to give you the hardest 60 minutes of football that you’ve ever seen.”

The Bills had earned the right to strut. Rare was the chance in the first 20 years of Bill Belichick’s tenure. But the Patriots didn’t stay down for long. They already have more wins this season than they did in 2020. Their roster looks unrecognizable from the one the Bills dominated last December. They got key players back from opt-outs. They spent $160 million in guaranteed money in free agency. They drafted a quarterback in the first round of the draft, and that quarterback is in the running for offensive rookie of the year.

Now they’re heading to Orchard Park for the first of two December meetings with the Bills. The Patriots enter this stretch in first place of the AFC East but have spent the week showing deference to the defending division champions.

“They are the team to beat in the AFC East,” linebacker Kyle Van Noy said. “They were No. 1.”

Were is the operative word. Sean McDermott made a point to refer to the Patriots as the “first place Patriots” in his news conference earlier this week. While Buffalo fans may have basked in New England’s 2020 demise, those within the Bills organization never took their eye off Belichick and the Patriots. Even when the Patriots were 2-4, the Bills knew the object in the mirror was closer than it appeared.

These two teams have been on a collision course since the Patriots began their six-game winning streak. They’re now set to play in arguably the most high-stakes game these two franchises have played since the late 1990s. It’s been that long since this game meant this much to both teams. In 2019, the division was still in the balance when these teams met in December, but the Patriots made easy work of that Bills team. Tom Brady was still in New England, and Allen was only in his second season.

For the 19 years prior to that, the Patriots beat up on the Bills at a historic rate. Brady was 32-3 against the Bills with the Patriots. Belcihick has a 35-7 record against Buffalo. While the Patriots enjoyed an unprecedented run of success beginning in 2001, the Bills were caught in a historic playoff drought prior to McDermott’s arrival in 2017.

Even when the Bills-Patriots matchup meant everything to Buffalo, it wasn’t a game the Patriots needed. You have to go back to 1998 to find a game that had this type of playoff implications for both teams. They played two times in three weeks in November, splitting the season series. Both ended up as wild-card teams. Between then and 2017, the Bills and Patriots weren’t in the postseason at the same time. Since Belichick took over, the Bills and Patriots have both made the playoffs in the same year just twice. This season could mark the third such occasion.

After a one-year slump, the Patriots have themselves right back in contention for the division title. And now that they’re back, the Patriots finally have a worthy foe in the AFC East.

“Good as anybody we’ve played,” Belichick said this week.

Here’s what to look for in this Monday night matchup.

When the Bills have the ball

1. Everything starts with Allen. Belichick is always complimentary of the Patriots’ opponents, but he took it to another level with Allen this week.

“His improvement has just been tremendous,” Belichick said. “Where it was three years ago, completion percentage, passer rating, decision making, production, it has just gone up. It’s risen at a really remarkable rate. It’s just remarkable how good he has become. Last year, this year, he’s built on that, what it was when he came into the league, but he’s really made tremendous improvement and has a lot of command of the offense … He doesn’t get fooled much by anything. It’s really, really impressive to watch how he’s developed there.”

Allen has will be in the MVP race. He has been a bit shaky in the last month, though. He has interceptions in four straight games and multiple interceptions in three of Buffalo’s last four games. That’s something to watch in this game. The Patriots lead the NFL in interceptions with 19 and are intercepting 4.8 percent of passes thrown. Before Allen had his 320-yard, four-touchdown game against the Patriots last December, he hadn’t thrown for more than 217 yards in a game against Belichick and completed 60 percent of his passes only once. We’ll see whether he cracked the code at the end of last season or if Belichick can bring him down to earth.

Allen is still prone to a mistake now and again, but the Patriots know how explosive this offense can be. Allen is no longer just a talented player capable of explosive plays. He’s a quarterback, reading and manipulating defenses and executing the vision of offensive coordinator Brian Daboll.

“We can’t let them get rolling, because once they get rolling it’s tough,” safety Devin McCourty said. “Then you’re getting a little bit of everything from the offense. It’s going to be our toughest challenge of the season.”

2. In the final meeting between these two teams a year ago, Stefon Diggs had nine catches for 135 yards and three touchdowns. New England’s defense will look a lot different than it did then, but the Bills also added Emmanuel Sanders and got another year of development from Gabriel Davis and Dawson Knox. They still have Cole Beasley in the slot. Under Belichick, the Patriots have always been great at taking away a team’s biggest threat, but that’s tougher to do against Buffalo.

“You can’t just take Diggs away and think the game is solidified,” McCourty said.

3. The Patriots are coming off a game in which they allowed 270 rushing yards. That wasn’t an ideal performance from a defense that had performed well in that area for much of the season. Buffalo hasn’t had much success running the ball. Devin Singletary leads the team with 459 rushing yards, and Allen is right behind him with 383. The Bills were able to run on the Patriots in their two meetings last season, but this New England defense has improved personnel and the results to back it up.

4. Despite bringing back the same group from a year ago, the Bills’ offensive line has been average. They rank in the middle of the pack, allowing pressure on 33.3 percent of Allen’s dropbacks. Left tackle Dion Dawkins has taken a step back this year. He’s allowed at least four pressures in three different games this season. He only did that once in the entire 2020 season. Lucky for him, Matthew Judon is often lined up over the right tackle. But that may not necessarily be a better situation for the Bills.

“You watch the film of him impacting quarterbacks and it’s not fun to watch,” McDermott said. “I can promise you that.”

You won't find any fair-weather fans here. I've been a Pats fan since 1973 and many here have been fans since way before BB took over.
We've enjoyed the last 20 years and we're looking forward to another 20 just like it which may begin this year & if not then next year for sure.
Cool. Being a Bills Fan has ingrained within me an appreciation of and for those who stick things out through thick and thin (or maybe that was ingrained by my parents and has spilled over into my fandom?). Glad to hear that many here have been fans since before that blue moon event in 2000.

I don't blame you for enjoying the last 20. Hell, we would too. Regarding the next 20, just me but I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. The odds of you guys hitting that blue moon twice in a row has to be astronomical. The GOAT doesn't come along and get lucked into by the same team twice in a row. Not to mention that there are also those who say that what you are seeing from MJ now, is his ceiling. Time will tell I guess.

5. The Bills should be as healthy as they’ve been on the offensive line since the start of the season. Rookie Spencer Brown is off the reserve/COVID-19 list. That would allow Daryl Williams to move inside to guard and stabilize that position. Jon Feliciano also returned to practice, though he’s still on injured reserve as of this writing. As it looks right now, the Patriots might get the best version of Buffalo’s offensive line. But even that hasn’t been great this season. Just look at what the Steelers did against the Bills in the season opener. The way the Patriots have gotten after opposing quarterbacks has as much to do with overage as it does individual pass-rush prowess, so they should still have an advantage in this area.

6. Myles Bryant has a tough test in this game. He’s held his own since taking over for the injured Jonathan Jones in the slot, but this Bills offense has the receivers to target him if they choose. Cole Beasley hasn’t been as consistent this season, but he’s still a reliable slot receiver and one of Allen’s favorite targets. Emmanuel Sanders and Gabriel Davis are both capable of lining up in the slot as well. It’s been a while since the Patriots played a team this deep at receiver. They’ll need every cornerback to slow down this passing game.

7. The Patriots placed safety Kyle Dugger on the reserve/COVID-19 list Tuesday. That’s a development worth watching not just for the potential loss of Dugger but whether any other Patriots end up on the list throughout the week. Dugger would be a major loss for this defense. He leads the team in tackles and has played a crucial role in New England’s ability to defend tight ends. If he’s out, the defense will lean more heavily on Adrian Phillips to deal with Bills tight end Dawson Knox, who is tied with Hunter Henry for the league lead in touchdowns among tight ends. Knox has speed to stretch the field, but he’s struggled with drops in the past. He’s cashing in on more of his opportunities this season, but the Patriots have been tough against tight ends this season. They’ve only allowed three touchdowns to tight ends and have only allowed a group of tight ends to accumulate more than 60 yards in a game once all year.

When the Patriots have the ball

8. New England’s offense has relied on the running game during its six-game winning streak. The Patriots have rushed for at least 120 yards in seven of their last eight games and at least 100 yards in eight straight games. Since the offensive line got healthy, Damien Harris and Rhamondre Stevenson have found plenty of room to run. Buffalo is an interesting matchup in that area of the game. The Bills have only allowed three of their opponents to run for 100 yards in a game. But those were also the three best teams the Patriots have played (Chiefs, Titans and Colts). The Colts recently ran for 260 yards and five touchdowns against the Bills. Nose tackle Star Lotulelei returned to practice this week, and the team also has Tremaine Edmunds healthy again. But the Patriots shouldn’t be afraid to run the ball on this defense, especially given how tough it is to throw against it.

9. Mac Jones will have the toughest test of his career against the Bills’ defense on the road. Even without Tre’Davious White, Buffalo’s defense has the ability to disguise coverage and cause matchup problems across the board. The Bills rank No. 1 in Football Outsiders’ passing defense DVOA, allow a league-best 57 percent completion percentage to opposing quarterbacks and have only allowed eight passing touchdowns all season.

“This is the best group we’ve played all year,” Josh McDaniels said. “We don’t play a group that’s more connected than this one. Whatever the call is, all 11 guys know exactly what their role is on the call and they never make a mistake it seems.

“They just don’t give up many easy plays and they’re one of the best teams we’ll play this year in terms of limiting big production. They force you to be disciplined, they force you to execute play after play, they force you to drive the football,”

Connected is the best way to describe Buffalo’s defense. White is a big loss. Dane Jackson and Levi Wallace aren’t nearly as good in coverage as White is. But the Bills have the scheme, safeties and linebackers to make up for it.

10. The safety duo of Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer is one Belichick has praised consistently since they got to Buffalo. Both have a background as cornerbacks. They operate as interchangeable parts in the back end and help the Bills keep defenses guessing. They are the key to Buffalo’s secondary being able to disguise coverage so well, and that could be important against a rookie quarterback. They also have a combined eight interceptions this season, so they’re able to make quarterbacks pay.

11. The Patriots spent a lot of money on Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith in free agency, and this is a game where they could use them. Matt Milano and Edmunds are two of the best cover linebackers the Patriots will see this season. Hyde and Poyer contribute against tight ends as well. Jones isn’t going to have a lot of easier answers against this secondary, so the tight ends need to be able to provide a level of security.

12. The matchup between Patriots receiver Jakobi Meyers and Bills cornerback Taron Johnson could be an important one in this game. Meyers is Jones’ favorite target on third down, and Johnson has become a reliable veteran in Buffalo’s secondary. Meyers called Johnson “a dog.”

“I’ve been against him a couple of times,” Meyers said. “He’s tough to play against. I actually enjoy the matchup, because I know I have to go out there and be my best.”

Did/Does anyone here find it interesting that TB was drafted in 2000, by you guys. And then went on to join the Bucs on March 20th, 2020. Seems like an odd alignment of numbers. An awful lot of 2's there...

4. Despite bringing back the same group from a year ago, the Bills’ offensive line has been average. They rank in the middle of the pack, allowing pressure on 33.3 percent of Allen’s dropbacks. Left tackle Dion Dawkins has taken a step back this year. He’s allowed at least four pressures in three different games this season. He only did that once in the entire 2020 season. Lucky for him, Matthew Judon is often lined up over the right tackle. But that may not necessarily be a better situation for the Bills.
Two things here.

Dion contracted COVID before the season began and it is thought that he may still be experiencing lingering after-effects. Not making excuses of any sort here, just trying to put a little context around a possibility for some of his struggles this season.

Also, we are just getting RT Spencer Brown back from COVID reserve. It is unknown whether or not he will be able to play this Monday night because I guess he has had a different illness that has been bothering him. Hopefully, he is good to go and not suffering from any after-effects of the 'rona.

Cool. Being a Bills Fan has ingrained within me an appreciation of and for those who stick things out through thick and thin (or maybe that was ingrained by my parents and has spilled over into my fandom?). Glad to hear that many here have been fans since before that blue moon event in 2000.

I don't blame you for enjoying the last 20. Hell, we would too. Regarding the next 20, just me but I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. The odds of you guys hitting that blue moon twice in a row has to be astronomical. The GOAT doesn't come along and get lucked into by the same team twice in a row. Not to mention that there are also those who say that what you are seeing from MJ now, is his ceiling. Time will tell I guess.

There are also many who said his arm wasn't good enough. LOL
Ceiling? He's gotten better and better with each game so was his ceiling his 1st game or his 12th game?
In his rookie year he's already surpassed what Brady did in Brady's 2nd year.
He leads the league in throwing 85% catchable balls.
14% of his throws are completed into tight windows. That's more than Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Matthew Stafford, Kyler Murray & Josh Allen.
His PFF grade of 86.9 is 4th in the league. Only Brady, Cousins and Herbert are ahead of him.
Over his last 6 games Mac has the 2nd highest Passer Rating in the league.

Know thy enemy. You might want to watch this short video to know Mac better.

Back