Week 13 Gamete Thread - @Bills, Mon Dec 6th, 8:15pm EST

Last year there were glaring weaknesses on both sides of the ball. We have addressed those weaknesses. Spending money in FA isn't out of character for Belichick, when we grabbed Gilmore we made him the highest paid Corner in Football. Players worth the money are worth spending on.

It's no different than the Bills, you guys should have a good team, after all the high first round picks you have had, you should be a good team. The difference is when the Bills contracts are up, the team will be dismantled in many areas.
They had no draft this year, the Allen contract will cripple them for years and they have a lot of overpaid players on the roster like Lotulelei and they'll overpay overrated Ed Oliver (steady player, but for such a pick, not good returns) because they'll feel like they have to keep a draft pick like that out of necessity.

The Diggs deal and contract is brutal when you look at it. The fact jumped into then bidding to drive price intentionally, is hilarious. He certainly succeeded. Diggs is obviously a really good player, but look what they gave up and look at how much money Minny saved. Minny took Justin Jefferson and then also got a 4th rder and other picks. Rousseau may be good, but he's a bit raw as a 3-4 OLB and I am not sure of his cerebra play at the position. Honestly, I am not sure if he can be a 3-4 OLB, but he needs to be based on his length.

They certainly have a lot of moving parts for contracts and bodies in 2022.

They had no draft this year, the Allen contract will cripple them for years and they have a lot of overpaid players on the roster like Lotulelei and they'll overpay overrated Ed Oliver (steady player, but for such a pick, not good returns) because they'll feel like they have to keep a draft pick like that out of necessity.

The Diggs deal and contract is brutal when you look at it. The fact jumped into then bidding to drive price intentionally, is hilarious. He certainly succeeded. Diggs is obviously a really good player, but look what they gave up and look at how much money Minny saved. Minny took Justin Jefferson and then also got a 4th rder and other picks. Rousseau may be good, but he's a bit raw as a 3-4 OLB and I am not sure of his cerebra play at the position. Honestly, I am not sure if he can be a 3-4 OLB, but he needs to be based on his length.

Normally I don't get into this stuff, but I recently appreciate your contributions to the Planet. Honestly, I almost put you on iggy for acting like a dog chasing its tail, but the absence of your arch nemesis, self-imposed I'm sure, has made you a quality poster here. You come well-armed with facts, which, as a long-time member, I appreciate. Nice turnaround.

Normally I don't get into this stuff, but I recently appreciate your contributions to the Planet. Honestly, I almost put you on iggy for acting like a dog chasing its tail, but the absence of your arch nemesis, self-imposed I'm sure, has made you a quality poster here. You come well-armed with facts, which, as a long-time member, I appreciate. Nice turnaround.
Hey, thanks man. I appreciate that. I am not trying to butt heads or whatnot when I disagree with some folks here, but I do admit I don't love misinformation being recycled about our team or other non-factual material being promoted by the media surrounding our AFC competition.

A lot of hot garbage has been regurgitated and I admit it annoys me to sit in print here and be recycled in front of diehard fans' faces. We can disagree and have a discourse, but not coming with facts and primary sources is annoying to me.

And, with Buffalo, who knows. Maybe I will be completely wrong the way I am reading them. They're a good team, but they haven't arrived like they think. Even if we lose MOnday night, they'll think they've arrived.

The difference for us is, we know what it's supposed to look like and they really don't.

We'll see. I am just a happy Pats fan watching what BB has built for us and really enjoy his strategies and the process. This is the most fun I've had as a fan in a while, as silly as that sounds.

Last edited:
The Bills are a formidable foe. I would tab them the 2nd-4th best team in the AFC. They will bring their A game.
Maybe. I like the idea of slowing the game down and the Pats hunkering down a bit in the first quarter and trying to get a lead. No panic, play some field position and then let our matchup advantages take over a bit. Even if it's 3-0 after the 1st qtr. That's good.

I heard Allen say we'll adjust "what they're going to do after the first series"...That's a red flag to me. No one knows what BB will do or what they'll do series to series. He doesn't get the team can play a 100 different ways with people in different spots without a loss in quality/execution because of the Pats Ds versatility. There will be no pattern for Allen after the first series.

Anything can happen and Buffalo is at home, that place will be unglued early, but some conservative play on offense early and sound D early will help, IMO. Basically, if we don't turn it over, I like the chances.

Where I’m at for this game, I think ishould the Pats lose its really not that damaging in the long run. I believe they will beat Buffalo at Gillette and Buffalo will lose to Tampa Bay. Both will win the rest of their games and the Pats will finish with a better overall record @ 12-5, Bills 11-6, which will clinch the AFCE. Tomorrow nights game should be a good one and a good test for Mac and the Pats defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Warren Sharp who has a well known subscription website that gives betting and fantasy advice.
This part is not protected against copy/paste. It gives a summary game analysis/preview.
He points out the big weakness for the Bills is their OL and the loss of CB White.
Protecting Mac Jones will be key for the Pats.

New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills (-3)​

The Patriots are arguably the most complete team in the NFL. They rank in the top 13 in Passing Points Earned, Rushing Points Earned, Receiving Points Earned, Blocking Points Earned, Run Defense Points Saved, Pass Rush Points Saved, and Pass Coverage Points Saved on a per-game basis.

The Bills nearly match this, failing to rank in the top half only in Blocking Points Earned (20th)

The absence of Bills All-Pro defensive back Tre’Davious White is a notable story, though how notable will depend on how often the Patriots try to take downfield shots. White ranked 22nd in Points Saved Per Play among the 100 cornerbacks that have faced the most targets this season.

There’s not a lot of comparable sample to go on given that White has been on the field for all but six plays this season when the game was within two scores.

Last season, in that same situation, White was off the field for 78 plays. On those 78 plays, the opposing team produced at a rate 5 EPA/60 plays better than it did when he was on the field (they went from -6 to -1).

However, the Bills can take comfort in the rest of their defensive backfield. Jordan Poyer has five picks, and Levi Wallace and Taron Johnson are both in the top quadrant among corners in yards per cover snap and EPA per target.

White would not have been the best cornerback on the field from a statistical perspective had he been healthy. That honor goes to J.C. Jackson, who leads all cornerbacks in Pass Defense Points Saved and ranks second in QB Rating against (White was third in the latter).

Meanwhile, this game will also function as a great test in the trenches, particularly when each team looks to throw the ball.

The Patriots are allowing pressure at the fourth-lowest rate in the league (29% of designed passes) even though they’ve been blitzed at the second-highest rate (31%).

The Bills defense has the second-highest pressure rate in the league (39%).

The Patriots’ defense has the league’s sixth-highest pressure rate and the Bills are middle-of-the-pack in how often they face pressure (34%).

How does each quarterback handle pressure?

This is where there’s a big advantage for Josh Allen. He ranks second in Passing Points Earned Per Play when pressured among the 35 quarterbacks who have the most pass attempts under pressure. Mac Jones ranks 16th. So if you think Allen gets pressured, chances are he can handle it. Keeping Jones clean will be a huge key for the Patriots.

I was texting my Bill's fan friend. He thinks the Patriots will win. After last year, and the start of this year, he thought that his 20 year span of worrying about the Patriots was over.
Makes him sick to know it's not over. :lol:

That’s baloney. You had empty seats in the upper deck there 10 years ago.

This whole Bills Mafia crap, which is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen, which makes no sense, is beyond forced and lame.

Jumping off of tables liked fratboys and spraying ketchup all over the place means you’re low class and childish. It doesn’t mean much else.

You’re basically one small notch above Jets fans which isn’t saying much.

Don't forget about throwing DILDOS onto the field. 🤣

Very very tough game tonight. It's the kind of challenge you want though, a playoff-style game and the tension will be there that makes it feel like a playoff game.

Bill loves these games. If we can corral Allen we win the game.

Mac Jones is on a similar path as Tom Brady...only at a faster transformation rate. Obviously, Jones was a 1st round pick to Brady's 6th round. Both QB's were clearly overlooked and undersold. Both are smart, efficient, effective, and productive. Jones can absolutely work on all of his shortcomings and improve.

Good post, BSF.

Brady was good and he learned fairly quickly but that was a much simpler offense back then. We didn't know Brady would eventually turn into TFB until a few years later.
That offense has evolved over a period of 20 years into what it is now. Mac has picked it up faster than anyone could have expected. If Brady was smart in his 2nd year what does that make Mac in his rookie year & 20 years later? I'm guessing Mac approaches genius level. He was named the SEC and National Student Athlete of the Year last year, after all.

Very very tough game tonight. It's the kind of challenge you want though, a playoff-style game and the tension will be there that makes it feel like a playoff game.

Bill loves these games. If we can corral Allen we win the game.

Corral and confuse

He's at his worst when he gets rattled by pressure.

The Bills really did spend a lot. I think what always kills me is, these QB's get ridiculous contracts, some of them get the contract after one solid year. I'm not saying Allen isn't worth the money, but one year of a solid performance, thankfully it looks like he has worked out so far in year two of his new contract. But it certainly does hamstring the Bills.

Other fans mock BB for being "Cheap" but there is a reason the team is competitive every year for the last 20 years and not a competitor for 2 or 3 years. Perhaps other teams should really look into how things are done here and try to mimic it.

I hate these Monday night games. It starts at 01:15am my time and there's no way I can stay up for the game with work the next morning. So I'll wake up with an alert on my phone that will have me exclaiming "Yes!!" at 06:30am or "F**k".

The Bills really did spend a lot. I think what always kills me is, these QB's get ridiculous contracts, some of them get the contract after one solid year. I'm not saying Allen isn't worth the money, but one year of a solid performance, thankfully it looks like he has worked out so far in year two of his new contract. But it certainly does hamstring the Bills.

Other fans mock BB for being "Cheap" but there is a reason the team is competitive every year for the last 20 years and not a competitor for 2 or 3 years. Perhaps other teams should really look into how things are done here and try to mimic it.
"Cheap" just means they don't get basic economics or finance. These are the same fans that don't think there is a cap nor do they look at the market or at other teams' cap positions, so they don't get what BB does.

As you know, he's 2-3 steps ahead.

"We mock what we don't understand." - Austin Milbarge

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ePTZezN_Iw

I hate these Monday night games. It starts at 01:15am my time and there's no way I can stay up for the game with work the next morning. So I'll wake up with an alert on my phone that will have me exclaiming "Yes!!" at 06:30am or "F**k".

Jeez, when I was younger I would have stayed up, but now I understand how it's almost impossible.

Hell, I don't like night games because they go past my bed time, but this is by an hour or so... that much time difference would be insane.

A massive key to this game is going to be Bills LB Tremaine Edmunds. His read/react ability will be severely tested - in the Bills 2 LB set he will need to be aggressive in collapsing and stopping the run. At the same time, Mac thrives on play action, especially attacking the middle of the field off play action. Edmunds can't get sucked in. He's going to be in the pushme/pullyou seat all game long, and how he performs will tell us a lot about how the Bills' defense performs.

Back