Week 13 Gamete Thread - @Bills, Mon Dec 6th, 8:15pm EST

They still think Josh Allen is elite but today they're re-thinking where the team is in relation to the Pats and the league. Most posters over there think the Bills are average at multiple position groups and need upgrades badly, OL and RB in particular. The Pats win seems to have killed their spirit and that's fine with me.
I think last night the Pats killed the Bills' hopes for the future. That's fine with me, too.
They also talk about their elite DL. Maybe as a pass rush but run defense? They need to rethink the whole defense. They are certainly very good against the pass, but rushing? They are showing their weakness in a glaring way.

The next time we meet the Bills, we will run all over them again and if the weather is a better, the Bills will have to account for our passing game as well.

Allen is very good. Their GM is very overrated though. He needs to build that team better if he expects to win.
If Allen was actually very good, he wouldn't take the amount of sacks he takes and immediately run when his preferred routes are so easily taken away. There is no more pandemic surprise for Joshy Allen like he had in 2020. He was terrible otherwise in 2018 and 2019.

He's not elite and never will be. Try using your own eyes instead of reading media regurgitation where you feel you have to accept things.

If Allen was actually very good, he wouldn't take the amount of sacks he takes and immediately run when his preferred routes are so easily taken away. There is no more pandemic surprise for Joshy Allen like he had in 2020. He was terrible otherwise in 2018 and 2019.

He's not elite and never will be.
Is that what you spammed on Whorios site?

They also talk about their elite DL. Maybe as a pass rush but run defense? They need to rethink the whole defense. They are certainly very good against the pass, but rushing? They are showing their weakness in a glaring way.

The next time we meet the Bills, we will run all over them again and if the weather is a better, the Bills will have to account for our passing game as well.
It's this "Bills Mafia" garbage. I still have no idea where that term came from, but it's forced and very lame. They used to have all kinds of empty seats at that place in the upper tiers 10 years ago, so this forced "we're the bestest" crap gets recycled a lot through the media, including the frat boy broken table garbage in the lot. They can't even tailgate properly.

Throw in a pinch of annoying NYers, and they're one step removed from Jets fans. Not really a successful franchise, but they make it seem like they are.

If Buffalo misses the playoffs, I will laugh myself into a coma.

This is how you know you have a dynastic organization. We're now counting how many franchises we've destroyed over the years. I think we can count the Bills twice now. :coffee:
Leading up to the ATL game, there was a story referencing that the Patriots are responsible for the most heartbreaking losses in team history for 6 NFL franchises (Falcons, Rams, Ravens, Panthers, Seahawks and Jaguars).

The last 20 years must be torturous for those folks. To see them think they'd finally surpassed New England and they were no longer a formidable just makes it so much more enjoyable.

I am sure they are, or at least the smart ones are. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why people thought Buffalo would just walk all over this franchise. But, this has been the narrative now since late 2019 in Brady's last good game here where Buffalo lost by 7. And, of course last year's very misleading 38-9 game when the team was packed up for XMas and waiting on a fresh start with a new QB in 2021.

The other thing I can't figure out is the arrogance of some of these paper tiger franchises. Baltimore, Buffalo, Miami, Indy is now doing it. Which leads me to my next thought: You've got McDwarfmott running his mouth all game like a Junior Whinebaugh who needs a slap, and that poor leadership led to the Hyde/Poyer stuff last night. They got run over when they were told the run was coming all night, still couldn't stop it, and want to take it out on the media. It's just a bad look. And, then 48 hours ago on that Bills board I see comments like "Poyer and Hyde are the best Safety duo in the league and it aint close" as we have McCourty, Phillips (great game last night again) and an emerging Dugger. Ain't close, huh fellas? It's not only close you're wrong, as Poyer and Hyde are overrated. It's just annoying seeing all this praise of other teams and players and when the games happen, guess who has better players?

This brings me to Indy's GM, Chris Ballard, who mocked BBs FA shopping spree proclaiming he only needs in-house talent to build a winner, as he trades a 1st rd pick to pay Wentz 30 million per year. It's this kind or arrogance that I think only fuels BB and the coaching staff, and the players. Our players see this crap, too.

You know what this team is going to do to finesse and overrated Indy? Drop 40 on their ass in their own building. Yep. We're gonna light up those pansies in their little white panties in that dome.
What this team has and what all other teams (imo anyway) lack is character and maturity. This team really just likes and respects each other. I can't say it enough. The Bills are very immature team that don't know how to handle adversity. They run around acting like Bullies until they pick a fight with someone bigger and badder than them and then they whine. Mike Tyson said it best "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face". The Bills are showing their immaturity and it starts with their coach. Mac Jones, 'Mondre they're far more mature than most veterans on the Bills roster.

They mock Belichick because they envy him and what he is able to do. While they go out there and try to play like they are a Patriots type of team, then they face the Patriots and they realize, they're out of their league in every way. Preparedness, Maturity and just overall personnel. Even the Bills they more "talent" which to me is debatable, they lack depth which is where Belichick always excels over all others.

Leading up to the ATL game, there was a story referencing that the Patriots are responsible for the most heartbreaking losses in team history for 6 NFL franchises (Falcons, Rams, Ravens, Panthers, Seahawks and Jaguars).

The last 20 years must be torturous for those folks. To see them think they'd finally surpassed New England and they were no longer a formidable just makes it so much more enjoyable.
You forgot the Steelers. The 14-2 Pats beat the 15-1 Steelers (one of our losses was to the Steelers that season) in the AFCCG (2003 or 2004?) and went on to win a Super Bowl. And I don't remember the year Cordell Stewart said "Looks like the best team didn't win" and had to return all their plane tickets to the Super Bowl.

It's this "Bills Mafia" garbage. I still have no idea where that term came from, but it's forced and very lame. They used to have all kinds of empty seats at that place in the upper tiers 10 years ago, so this forced "we're the bestest" crap gets recycled a lot through the media, including the frat boy broken table garbage in the lot. They can't even tailgate properly.

Throw in a pinch of annoying NYers, and they're one step removed from Jets fans. Not really a successful franchise, but they make it seem like they are.

If Buffalo misses the playoffs, I will laugh myself into a coma.
I don't know if they will miss the playoffs. I don't think they will go far if they face a team with a solid running game.

What this team has and what all other teams (imo anyway) lack is character and maturity. This team really just likes and respects each other. I can't say it enough. The Bills are very immature team that don't know how to handle adversity. They run around acting like Bullies until they pick a fight with someone bigger and badder than them and then they whine. Mike Tyson said it best "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face". The Bills are showing their immaturity and it starts with their coach. Mac Jones, 'Mondre they're far more mature than most veterans on the Bills roster.

They mock Belichick because they envy him and what he is able to do. While they go out there and try to play like they are a Patriots type of team, then they face the Patriots and they realize, they're out of their league in every way. Preparedness, Maturity and just overall personnel. Even the Bills they more "talent" which to me is debatable, they lack depth which is where Belichick always excels over all others.
Yep. I think that's another good point in line with them trying to get intelligent, self-less and tough players, too. It's the maturity factor. It's huge. Even some of the elite teams in recent years in both dynasty runs, NE was the more mature, grounded team with the people on it.

People like Lane Johnson and losers like that have just been simply jealous of it.

What makes me laugh is how BB has set the model for 20 years and the arrogance of teams who simply refuse to copy it. It was never about just Brady Ever. It was always about the model for sustainability year to year.

I knew once the Bills players were peacocking in front of that camera on Thanksgiving night facing a Kamara-less Saints and Trevor Simien, that they were going to lose this game.

Classic different between how NE would look in that situation and how Buffalo looked. Poor leadership.

Star Lotulelei was supposed to be their big savior last night, in true 'Bob Sanders expected to play!' fashion.

Shockingly, he was invisible. :coffee:

Star Lotulelei was supposed to be their big savior last night, in true 'Bob Sanders expected to play!' fashion.

It's not that shocking. He's way out of game shape and a massive top 10 draft disappointment. It's hubris that Beane brought him to Buffalo because that was his bust in Carolina.

Belichick again, has a knack for taking a teams best player out of the equation. We had two guys signed off the Practice squad play yesterday, one got a sack and the other a Pass Defensed on a big 4th and 18 in the waning minutes.

Yep. I think that's another good point in line with them trying to get intelligent, self-less and tough players, too. It's the maturity factor. It's huge. Even some of the elite teams in recent years in both dynasty runs, NE was the more mature, grounded team with the people on it.

People like Lane Johnson and losers like that have just been simply jealous of it.

What makes me laugh is how BB has set the model for 20 years and the arrogance of teams who simply refuse to copy it. It was never about just Brady Ever. It was always about the model for sustainability year to year.

I knew once the Bills players were peacocking in front of that camera on Thanksgiving night facing a Kamara-less Saints and Trevor Simien, that they were going to lose this game.

Classic different between how NE would look in that situation and how Buffalo looked. Poor leadership.
Again, well said. I always love the "We not Me" mentality anyway. No one is ever bigger than the team. And this year, BB is showing he doesn't need Brady he just needs a QB who is willing to learn and do whatever it takes to win. Whether it's throw the ball 30 times or 3 times, his stats don't matter, what matters is the team playing and winning.

Everyone thinks they can do it better than BB. 20 years 10 Super Bowl Appearances 6 of those are wins and you are correct it's a marathon for BB not a sprint. Everyone else is focused on winning right now, they don't think about the long term. Instant gratification vs slow and steady wins the race.

Again, well said. I always love the "We not Me" mentality anyway. No one is ever bigger than the team. And this year, BB is showing he doesn't need Brady he just needs a QB who is willing to learn and do whatever it takes to win. Whether it's throw the ball 30 times or 3 times, his stats don't matter, what matters is the team playing and winning.

Everyone thinks they can do it better than BB. 20 years 10 Super Bowl Appearances 6 of those are wins and you are correct it's a marathon for BB not a sprint. Everyone else is focused on winning right now, they don't think about the long term. Instant gratification vs slow and steady wins the race.
Yep.

Our society thinks that way with the immediate gratification concept. No one has patience or takes the long view anymore, generally speaking. BB is a dinosaur, but his ways are tried and true, and we get to benefit from it.

PERFECT example.

Another game Watt never made a play in when facing the Pats.

PS My 79 year old mom who watches every game pulled out a hilarious McDermott comparison. She literally said he looks like Scott Farkus from A Christmas Story:

50d3258669bedd984000000b

bawahahaha!

Last edited:
Back