Week 13 Gamete Thread - @Bills, Mon Dec 6th, 8:15pm EST

Bettis had a great nickname. That's the answer for the HOF.
Lamp Click GIF
Clock-killin' Corey Dillon is pretty great. :coffee:

Yeah, I did.... just started coffee, my bad and Hilliard is not Henry. The Titans lost to Houston the week before, FFS
Right, but they would have focused on Henry and contained him and awould have thrown for more than 90 yards. It's total yards that would matter, not fantasy football rewards. Lastly, points are more important than yards allowed. Yards allowed is for fantasy football.

I mean, come on, dude. BB's approaches have only been tried and true for 20 years. The last 10, he's realized yards are not the most important thing, but red zone D and turnovers are. So, that's where he put his efforts.

If you run around all day/night trying to counter every weapon a team has, your team is gassed and you'll guess wrong too many times.

They could have done a better job executing vs the run, sure. They have 2 big runs and some chunk runs, but neither guy truly dominated the game for 4 qtrs. If they had, they would have controlled the clock more and scored more than 13 points.

re: dillon vs. stevenson, running yes. but dillon's weakness imo was in the pass game(blocking and catching). stevenson has had struggles with the blocking, but looks to have skills in the recieving area.
I noticed him blocking well and comfortably on Sunday. I had to do a double take, so I am wondering if he's improving.

Yeah, I did.... just started coffee, my bad and Hilliard is not Henry. The Titans lost to Houston the week before, FFS
And the Bills lost to the Jags and scored a whopping 6 points. :coffee:

The Buffalo Bridesmaids lost to the Jags and then got whacked by the Colts. Yes they did beat a depleted Saints team with their 3rd string QB, without their best RB and WR.
So, don't tell us about wins over depleted teams.

It's all good. No worries.
:banana:
Welcome. I have a couple of friends that are Bill's fans. I also had a friend that was on the Bill's coaching staff with Marv Levy during their 4 in a row SB visits.
Felt very bad for them losing 4 straight. That Scott Norwood missed FG still haughts them. The other 3 were blowouts.

Welcome. I have a couple of friends that are Bill's fans. I also had a friend that was on the Bill's coaching staff with Marv Levy during their 4 in a row SB visits.
Felt very bad for them losing 4 straight. That Scott Norwood missed FG still haughts them. The other 3 were blowouts.
That's funny, I don't feel bad, at all... 🤷‍♂️

This should give y'all a good chuckle, I couldn't stop laughing while I was reading it.

This should give y'all a good chuckle, I couldn't stop laughing while I was reading it.

Patriots own a LOT of real estate in their heads ;)

That's funny, I don't feel bad, at all... 🤷‍♂️
I did feel bad for them at the time. Three of the 4 losses were to teams that I depise.
But now I call them the Buffalo Bridesmaids to their faces. Except for the friend who coached for them. He moved on to the Bears after Levy retired and we lost touch with each other.

Patriots own a LOT of real estate in their heads ;)
It's like they fell asleep during postseason games or classic Goodell bagjob games in the past or missed all 3 Framegates, using them to steal draft picks. Absolutely bizarre. NE would have 3 more SBs without the framejobs. I mean, Bruschi admitted the team was distracted SB weekend for SB 42 vs the Giants with the Walkthrough tape lie. The SB vs Philly? It was clear there was no way Goodell was letting NE win that game, so 2 free TDs occurred for Philly.

I mean, what kind of world do these people live in? I've never seen more of an effort to ignore why Goodell was hired and all the shenanigans since than Pats Haters. I started almost immediately after the 1st dynasty, too. It's not some coincidence. Yet, these fanbase want to pretend our team gets breaks or gifts? Hilariously pathetic.

Sal Palantonio once said teams call in weekly to Goodell to try to whine and complain and threaten in order to get calls their way. And, he's certainly accommodated. We can expect some funny business in favor of Buffalo in this one, if anything. It would be a possible direct B line to getting Pegula a profit by hosting a postseason game with fans for the first in 25 years.

I mean, give me a break. This victim mentality crap played by clearly inferior franchises poorly run for decades, having it be something NE has to pay for in the cap era, because of their greatness, is just beyond childish, tiring and the the narrative is beyond false.

We could make a list of 2 dozen games deep over the past 20 years, where it was clear Goodell tried to help the other team either win the game or get back into the game after playing from way behind due to NE's efficiency as a team.

Last edited:
Even though this is BSPN, I thought this was good analysis here because it's how I would describe Josh Allen's QB style (hero ball):

Fowler: That's a good place to start, Dan. For me, who gets the early lead is huge. Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen can get hot if he starts that way. But if the Patriots take a lead, then that sophisticated defense can take advantage when Allen starts pressing. Coaches league-wide see Allen as a big momentum guy -- incredibly hard to stop when he starts feeling it and figures out his protections pre-snap. But if the defense gets the upper hand on him or Buffalo can't handle the blitz packages, Allen might look like he did in the AFC Championship game last January -- running around aimlessly, hoping for a big play that's not there.

Also, this is interesting, where I do believe NE tries to script their opening drive to be something that isn't their true focus of their gameplan:

Graziano: I talked to Titans offensive lineman Rodger Saffold III before they played the Patriots on Sunday, and he told me something interesting about their approach. He said, because you can't have any idea what the Patriots are going to look like on defense from week to week, it's important for everyone on the offense to keep their eyes open on the first drive. That way, when they get back to the bench after the first drive, they have a bunch of data to give the coaches and can plan around what they now believe the Pats' defensive approach will be for the rest of the game. Of course, the Titans then went out and turned it over four times, meaning either it didn't work or they took themselves out of the game.

Here's another snippet from 2BillsDrive, such an honorable group of Bills fans.

dollars 2 donuts

• dollars 2 donuts
    Veteran
  • Community Member

Posted 4 hours ago (edited)
I am honestly a person of faith. It is part of who I am and how I live my day to day life and interaction with others.

I am also a big proponent of the League's rule changes that helps protect its players. Everyone said it would kill the league, but it is as good as ever and should keep going in that direction with player safety and hitting and tackling.

With that said, after just a few weeks of the Pats playing well am I the only one that would take great pleasure in seeing Mac Jones' head separated from his body on Monday?

Browsing the Bills board for a few earlier.
The post/ confidence seems to be ⅓ worried, ⅓ we'll kick their ass, and ⅓ bElchicK teh cHEater.
Took a glance and saw some comments about Mac's yards per attempt throwing... just for SnGs i looked up this seasons stats and Jones and Allen have the same YPA. lol

In most fanbases. Like the Yankees (who I think I still hear in some sort of chant at most Boston games...)
Nah, that's different. We've owned the Yanks for 15 years now with 4 rings. We just like to have them remember.

In most fanbases. Like the Yankees (who I think I still hear in some sort of chant at most Boston games...)
Yankees owned huge acreage in my head until October 2004. All mine, free and clear ever since. :rofl:

Back