Week 13 Gamete Thread - @Bills, Mon Dec 6th, 8:15pm EST

Also, should be in the HOF. If Terrell Davis and Jerome Bettis are in the HOF, then Corey Dillon, the latter playing on atrocious Bungles teams with no QBs for years, should at least garner consideration.

Bettis averaged under 4 YPC in this career, for example, yet played in a much better environment than Dillon.

Can you imagine if we had Dillon sooner? It's depressing seeing how political the NFL HOF is. My memories of Jerome Bettis are running few yards forward and being tackled for a minimal gain.
Bettis' numbers are a LOT better than you remember, despite getting the ESPN/NFL Network Express ticket to Canton.

Weren't the sportswriters scared of Dillion?
They probably vote for the guys they like without realizing it.

Weren't the sportswriters scared of Dillion?
They probably vote for the guys they like without realizing it.
I mean, he didn't talk to them, so, maybe? He got the typical BSM hate when they don't immediately kiss their collective asses.

Bettis' numbers are a LOT better than you remember, despite getting the ESPN/NFL Network Express ticket to Canton.
Is there another RB in the HOF with a YPC under 4.0?

I can still see him getting up yammering Bruschi's face in the '97 Divisional Rd game in Pitt where Bettis ran for 2.5 yards and Bruschi ended up mocking him. It was hilarious. It sort of sums of Bettis's stat padding career and how insignificant he was in that era. Durable, sure.

Again, imagine if Dillon played with a QB and not the Bungles?

I expect we see McDermott without hands by the end of the game on Monday night. I thought Pete Carroll was bad with the rah-rah hand clapping routine from the sidelines:

af411424271ad3c8113ebaff9e285e2b.gif
4cPt7gc.gif

giphy.gif
bills-mc-dermott.gif

Dan is a sports anchor for a Buffalo TV station covering the Bills.
No overconfidence here! :coffee:

View: https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/1465067701517357059

I wouldn't think they would want to bring attention to the last 6 games. They lost to the only 2 teams they played that were over .500, once embarrassingly, and also lost to one of the worst teams in the NFL. That team has so much talent which makes me start to question the coaching.

Edit: I thought the Colts were over .500 but they weren't, so the one team they played that was they lost to. Actually I think the only team they beat that was over .500 was the Dolphins in week 2. And people laugh about the Patriots schedule?

Last edited:
Is there another RB in the HOF with a YPC under 4.0?

I can still see him getting up yammering Bruschi's face in the '97 Divisional Rd game in Pitt where Bettis ran for 2.5 yards and Bruschi ended up mocking him. It was hilarious. It sort of sums of Bettis's stat padding career and how insignificant he was in that era. Durable, sure.

Again, imagine if Dillon played with a QB and not the Bungles?
You put Dillon on a team like the Pats earlier in his career and he is a top 5 all time rusher.

re: dillon vs. stevenson, running yes. but dillon's weakness imo was in the pass game(blocking and catching). stevenson has had struggles with the blocking, but looks to have skills in the recieving area.

Bills Activated OL Spencer Brown & DL Star Lotulelei, Designated OL Jon Feliciano To Return

re: dillon vs. stevenson, running yes. but dillon's weakness imo was in the pass game(blocking and catching). stevenson has had struggles with the blocking, but looks to have skills in the recieving area.
Dillon also got about 1500 carries at BC, way more tread on those tires.

Back