Week 13: Other Games

i have higher standards for h.o.f. than manning and roethlisberger. manning is hall of average and roeth is hall of good.
I think people see 2 lucky rings for Eli and think he was a HOFer. This would mean Jim Plunkett has to go into the HOF if Eli gets in.

i have higher standards for h.o.f. than manning and roethlisberger. manning is hall of average and roeth is hall of good.

Eli has a career record of 117-117 with a career avg Rating of 84.1, and aside from 2 ridiculously lucky Super Bowl runs, never did shit in the playoffs, never won a playoff game outside of those Super Bowl winning seasons.

He is an average player whose profile is boosted by two lucky SB wins. If he is a HOF player, then that's a ludicrously low bar, and if he DOES get in to the HOF and does so before Rodney Harrison it's a total joke

Good see you you crotchety old fuck. Sounds like somebody failed to miss your natural charm (I'm not going to find out that you're Urinating Tree am I?)

Hey, I'm going to Ben's last game. I'll be in a luxury box at the Crow's nest- Jr's GF's father's company owns one.
Urinating Tree is actually entertaining. :coffee:

He's definitely a HOFer, but like with Eli Manning, I am not sure they are 1st ballot guys. Plus, Steelers fans overrate all their players anyway. Do you know how many Pats players should be in the HOF right now and aren't, or weren't 1st ballot like Ty Law? Too many to count.

Meanwhile, Lynn Swann and Jerome Bettis are in the HOF and no one can really explain why, especially with guys like a Cliff Branch or Corey Dillon, who aren't.
Roethlisberger is far more deserving of the Hall of Fame than Eli Manning. Made it to the AFCCG as a rookie. Never had a losing season. Had Mike Tomlin as a head coach and still won games. Absolute no-brainer.

Eli will get in on the ESPN Express.

In a way,, it is Belicheck's fault your team doesn't have more HOFers. Just my opinion.
This makes no sense.

We should have a dozen HOFers in Canton when this is all said and done. We won't, but we should. People are so jealous of this franchise forming a dynasty, something the Cap was meant to stop from ever happening, that's why.

The same reason why Goodell was hired to find ways to cheat our team to stem the greatness, is the same reason why our franchise doesn't get HOFers into Canton. You people are still living off a 1970s dynasty and that reputation. It's a fantastic reputation, but you're not as great as you think the last 20-25 years. Cowher was very good, Tomlin is mediocre and the GM work has been good, but it's not HOF level.

Alan Faneca is in the HOF, for example, but Logan Mankins won't even sniff it. Faneca wasn't better than him and I am not even a huge Mankins fan. Joe Thuney is on a HOF trajectory and he likely won't get in unless he gets a ring with KC.

You know this as well as anyone....People are insanely jealous of the Pats and their dynasties.

i could ne wrong but i read that as he is either
a) given too much credit for the pats' success
b)he's so great that he takes non hofers and wins with them
i think he more means "b"
and i agree. the pats have a lot of really good players, pats hofers. but they are not built to be a one or 2 or several player dominant team. that's one reason they seldom have many pro bowlers. not many "shiny toyz". but they're better as a a whole than the sum of their parts. bb has let a lot of good players leave, usually for dollar value. but they seldom are hugely successful individually elsewhere afterwards.

and i agree. the pats have a lot of really good players, pats hofers. but they are not built to be a one or 2 or several player dominant team. that's one reason they seldom have many pro bowlers. not many "shiny toyz". but they're better as a a whole than the sum of their parts. bb has let a lot of good players leave, usually for dollar value. but they seldom are hugely successful individually elsewhere afterwards.
Yes!

Agreed. And that doesn't mean that they're "system players." It means that Belichick has a genius for leveraging what players can do at an extremely high level and hiding their weaknesses. Yeah, it's a system, but the system is customized each year for the strengths and weaknesses of the personnel.

It's all you can ask for from any manager, really: make me better overall, let me contribute in a way that makes the most use of my individual value, and put me in the best possible position to succeed.

He doesn't necessarily players who are inarguably great. He susses the fragments of greatness out of each individual, develops and maximizes it, and builds a team that is collectively great.

Back