Week 15 gamete thread @ Indy Saturday December 18, 8:20 p.m.

For some reason I thought you were a Maritimes Province guy but Saskatchewan makes sense. Oilers fan right?
You betcha. Die hard. Love my oilers as much or more so than Indy. Getting ready for another disappointing playoff series I’m sure lmao (if they make it)

Awe you’re so awesome Muse!!!!! I appreciate it!!

Now as a token of gratitude , I am allowing you to come help me move in this new couch. Ugh. Wish me luck.

Not happening, but I can give instructions and advice?
😂
I'll point and laugh, but I'll need to do it remotely. :shrug-n:

Colts were the better team last night in most phases of the game, and some of the uncharacteristic play was forced. But not all, and not forced in a way that couldn't be overcome. Patriots played their 2nd worst game of the year and we're within 3 points of a likely playoff team right at the end.

I expect a rematch will go very differently.

Hightower was terrible. KVN wasn't good, either. Lack of intensity all around. Early on it looked like a KC in September sort of game.
But they showed a lot of heart coming back, and I think overall it bodes well moving forward.

Learn what you can.
Confront the overconfidence and lack of intensity.
On to Buffalo.

The Colts are not that good.

sour grapes here.
Season 2 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

Just finished watching the game, does anyone know how many penalties the Colts had besides the offsetting personal fouls? I don’t remember seeing any flags thrown against them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, on further review this wasn't nearly as bad as I initially thought.

I have some concern about the punt block since it's not a one-off and could come back to bite us. But really the Colts had one drive in the first quarter that made the defense look horrific. So did Cleveland. Other than that their yards were generally spread out and yards-but-not-points.

I don't think drops and penalties like we saw tonight are going to be common moving forward. I expect Mac to learn from that red zone pick. I have some concerns with Hightower's play, but that's not new and it doesn't seem to be getting worse.

I'm not sure how much of what we saw was a failure dealing with a really amped-up, really hostile crowd. Drops, false start, delay of game all typically come into that category.

But yards to the side, the defense had one bad drive. I'm not too worried about the big run at the end, because that's not too different from a first down run at that point, really. It amounts to garbage time. But remove the first drive, and the defense only allowed a pair of FGs from then until the big TD run at the end.

The offense showed that they aren't going to fold when they're stymied and frustrated early.

I'm concerned, but not too much. Take it out on Buffalo and Miami. Don't be too mean to the Jags, though.

"Plusses: No quit, got back in the game late.
Minuses: Regressed and made a lot of stupid errors and penalties.
Lesson: We're still not good enough to spot a team 17 points and win."

This sounds very familiar...

Anyway Pats fan next week.
Cheers.

Just finished watching the game, does anyone know how many penalties the Colts had besides the offsetting personal fouls? I don’t remember seeing any flags thrown against them.

They're one of the fewest penalized teams in the league so no surprise there. I thought they did have a roughing the passer too though, and one other offsetting with Henry got his OPI, hands to the face I think. Fairly well officiated game I thought personally, they let them play as if it was a playoff game.

Last edited:
They're one of the fewest penalized teams in the league so no surprise there. I thought they did have a roughing the passer too though, and one other offsetting with Henry got his OPI, hands to the face I think. Fairly well officiated game I thought personally, they let them play as if it was a playoff game.

There were a couple of clear holdings on the Colts that my wife spotted so I rewound the game and sure enough, she was right. I just thought it was really odd that they didn’t receive one penalty, not sure I’ve ever seen a penalty free game by any team.

The blocked punt was the the biggest play of the game IMO. But as far as Wentz goes, they aren’t winning a SB with him behind center.

Last edited:
I distinctly remember discussing on this board with other posters over the first couple of games this season, that the ST was not looking its normal self and they were getting waaay too close to Bailey on punts and Folk on FGs.

Found a post after the Saints game.

I sound like a broken record, but we need to fix ST urgently, especially on kick off/punt return coverage. We're allowing big runbacks and if it is not fixed we're going to see scores made against us. And Bailey was quite poor again. I can't understand how punters in good field positions allow the punts to go for touchbacks. And again, putting the kick out of bounds is unforgivable at this level.

Matt Slater needs to kick some ass.

And during the Cowboys game.

I'm concerned about the blocking on kicks as I mentioned earlier. They are getting too close to Folk as well.

Is it me or are their blockers getting waaay too close to Nick Folk on these kicks??

Last edited:
i wondered that myself. rewound incident to see what happened amd was like wtf?? just tapping an official on the arm is a penalty/ejection. remember when bb was looking for an explanation of a call and tried to tap the guy to get his attention because it was loud and he either got fined or pats got a penalty? think it was vs balt.

Back