Week 15: No longer about Patriots vs Chiefs

Cowboys are frauds, making the Bills like good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the Pats punted the beginning of the fourth I was thinking, well ok, Bill knows it’s over and he wants to preserve some respect for the defense. Get out of the game without completely getting embarrassed.

But then they go for it on their goal line at the end of the game? What?!?! I do not understand the logic at all.
But I guess Bill is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers right?

Yeah, the team has not quit on the coach, no matter who says what. Thats why this report now of nothing has been determined is interesting but I guess we will see. There real question is who would replace him? Who can actually at this point replace him that is available or even a known quantity.
Makes no difference if the team is still playing for him, what good is that when you have 3 wins? The bottom line is there's no way Bill is giving up the GM duties and there is no way Kraft is trusting him the 2nd pick in the draft so he can trade out 3 times only to end up drafting a backup safety from a division 3 school because he's good at covering kicks. Lol

When the Pats punted the beginning of the fourth I was thinking, well ok, Bill knows it’s over and he wants to preserve some respect for the defense. Get out of the game without completely getting embarrassed.

But then they go for it on their goal line at the end of the game? What?!?! I do not understand the logic at all.
But I guess Bill is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers right?
17 point game vs 10 point game. You have to at least pretend you're trying in a 2 possession game

Makes no difference if the team is still playing for him, what good is that when you have 3 wins? The bottom line is there's no way Bill is giving up the GM duties and there is no way Kraft is trusting him the 2nd pick in the draft so he can trade out 3 times only to end up drafting a backup safety from a division 3 school because he's good at covering kicks. Lol
I do agree something needs to change what that leads to who knows. Maybe there have already been discussions about who they might take in the draft next year. BB has never had a top 2 pick in the draft and the highest he ever had was Seymour and he is a HoFer.

As some have pointed out, why would BB doing things like slowing the drives down and then going for it from the 6 yard line instead of punting and having some pride. I dunno, things just don't make much sense to me right now. They seems to play to win defensively but they don't play to win offensively. Very strange.

Serious question if zappe keeps improving these last few games do we draft a QB 1st?

lol.gif

That’s legit all he can do. Outside of Pop, and maybe the odd catch from Parker here and there, the Queefs don’t have to worry about anyone on the Pats beating them on vertical routes. So just sit in heavy zone with the occasional man look and choke off everything underneath. The offense is dead in the water.

Honestly, if Pittsburgh’s LB corps had been healthy last week, we probably take an L against them, too.

The wild overreaction to Zappe actually scoring points in one half last week set this up for an all-but-guaranteed failure.

Bellyache here’s the chatter. If Kraft is letting that leak or not squashing rumors BB knows it. Belichick won’t put up with it he’ll live up to what’s required then bounce in whatever way works.
He won’t retire. He’ll be coaching somewhere likely come back here and mindfuck Mayo or whatever upstart they try to replace him with.

The difference is, beginning of the 4th, you get field position. Worked out, got the turnover and score. Going for it late in the 4th down 2 scores...because it's late in the 4th. This isn't rocket surgery.

The wild overreaction to Zappe actually scoring points in one half last week set this up for an all-but-guaranteed failure.
Sincere question here, how wild was the overreaction? - I truthfully paid no attention to the chatter this week. I just assumed everyone knew Zappe was dogshit, but a higher quality brand of dogshit - like the regular kind, and not the special dumpster kind like Mac Jones.

He's short and has no arm. He's not scared and can usually sorta read a defense - that makes him potentially a really good backup, but that's the ceiling - I really thought everyone knew that. There's a reason he didn't make the final 53 out of training camp.

I mean, he doesn't really have a choice. If he doesn't like it, he can quit.

Sincere question here, how wild was the overreaction? - I truthfully paid no attention to the chatter this week. I just assumed everyone knew Zappe was dogshit, but a higher quality brand of dogshit - like the regular kind, and not the special dumpster kind like Mac Jones.

He's short and has no arm. He's not scared and can usually sorta read a defense - that makes him potentially a really good backup, but that's the ceiling - I really thought everyone knew that. There's a reason he didn't make the final 53 out of training camp.
Zappe = the next Hoyer

Zappe = the next Hoyer
Sure - and that's a pretty good comp, I mean, until his last run here, Hoyer was a competent backup - you do need guys like that on the roster - so having this experience will only help him.

So long as Mac Jones never takes another snap in anger in a Patriots uniform, I truthfully don't give a fuck who starts.

Oh and I can't believe people thought they would actually beat the Chiefs. Looked a little iffy there in the first half, but water, as usual, seeks its level.

Sure - and that's a pretty good comp, I mean, until his last run here, Hoyer was a competent backup - you do need guys like that on the roster - so having this experience will only help him.

So long as Mac Jones never takes another snap in anger in a Patriots uniform, I truthfully don't give a fuck who starts.
It's not a dig at Zappe...he's smart, like Hoyer. He'd be a very good QB coach, or backup QB. He'll make multi-millions at it. Totally NOT a bad gig at all!

Serious question if zappe keeps improving these last few games do we draft a QB 1st?
Zappe doesn't have the arm to be a true franchise QB.

So a QB should be selected in every draft until the next franchise QB is found. It doesn't have to be a first round pick - Brady was a 6th round pick, Drew Brees was a 2nd round pick, Russell Wilson was a 3rd round pick.

At least half of first round QBs turn out to be busts, or at least non-franchise types. And some guys are late bloomers and turn out to be better in the NFL than they were in college. The round isn't all that important - Kurt Warner is in the HOF and he wasn't even drafted.

But you keep picking QBs until you get it right.

Last edited:
Back