Week 5 Other Games

Yesterday's game sucked. The Broncos offense looked pretty pathetic. It's obvious Lynch isn't ready. He has the potential though. He was pressured all day. Not too many QB's can play well under those conditions. Let alone a rookie. Our offensive line was bad. We have 2 starters out and Ty Sambrillo is hurt and shouldn't have been out there. The run game was non existent. I did like the fight though. The Broncos didn't give up.

The defense was solid most of the game. We are used to great so solid looks bad. But really 250 yrds passing, 2 sacks, 115yrds rushing and a turnover are decent stats. We held them to 23 pts. Falcons had great field position most of the game, so really 23 pts albeit not great, it wasn't the end of the world. I never expected the Broncos to go 16-0. So it is what it is. At the end of the, the Broncos lost with a rookie backup QB, and 2 starter OLineman out. I still think they are a very good team and should be in the post season.

At least he wasn't a 3rd stringer. :coffee:

"B" careful what you think...it might "B" happening sooner than later... :coffee:
It's a weird season for sure. A 2nd year and a rook as the 2 QB's. Although we do have Anthony Davis on the roster for what it's worth. Our coach out because of health issues is weird. And really sucks. If we can get Siemian back, and Kubs back, I think all normalcy will be back. Until then, who knows? We might just be riding the backs of our defense more than last year.

It's a weird season for sure. A 2nd year and a rook as the 2 QB's. Although we do have Anthony Davis on the roster for what it's worth. Our coach out because of health issues is weird. And really sucks. If we can get Siemian back, and Kubs back, I think all normalcy will be back. Until then, who knows? We might just be riding the backs of our defense more than last year.
So are we no longer on the "either one of these two QBs can star and I'm fine with it because they both can play" band wagon?

... either be Lynch or Siemian. I'd be happy either way.

So are we no longer on the "either one of these two QBs can star and I'm fine with it because they both can play" band wagon?

Didn't you know that ANY QB can play for Denver and they can win the title ... except Lynch. lol.

Didn't you know that ANY QB can play for Denver and they can win the title ... except Lynch. lol.

If the Broncos had their complete line, Lynch would be fine. But they don't, and it was obvious that Lynch needs more time.

If the Broncos had their complete line, Lynch would be fine. But they don't, and it was obvious that Lynch needs more time.

He would? A better line won't correct his lazy footwork or his wild inaccuracies. As I said in a previous post, he reminds me of Cutler. He has the big arm and falls back on that instead of the mechanics of the position. I am sure Kubes will work with him but clearly he is not ready for this season.

That's along the lines of the "Brady's a system QB, any QB can succeed in that system...except Jimmy G" bullshit we had to deal with when idiots were predicting doom for the Pats starting the season without Brady.

He would? A better line won't correct his lazy footwork or his wild inaccuracies. As I said in a previous post, he reminds me of Cutler. He has the big arm and falls back on that instead of the mechanics of the position. I am sure Kubes will work with him but clearly he is not ready for this season.

Sooooooo. All the talk leading up to the season that Lynch is better than Siemian and would be the starter was just BS? lol.

Sooooooo. All the talk leading up to the season that Lynch is better than Siemian and would be the starter was just BS? lol.

Lynch was taken in the first round. He is the projected starter of the team but let's face it, he is NOT ready. Not this season and just like any other QB no matter where they are drafted, they still have to perform.

IMO Elway NEEDS Lynch to be THE guy as Siemian is just a stop gap, game manager. Elway has yet to draft THE guy at QB so this is something that will define him as a GM. Time will tell.

Also, Elway has to be kicking himself watching Dak Prescott play. lol.

Your offensive line is ranked 25th in the league, how are they to blame when they aren't very good in the first place?

2 starters out makes em even worse. Especially for a rookie.

You seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth. I had posted last week that Lynch looked good in the second half of the Tampa game and you discounted it and said he was not very good and that the game was in hand when he came in. And now he gets his hat handed to him with awful foot work, poor ball security in the pocket and terrible throws and decisions and it is the Oline's fault?

You seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth. I had posted last week that Lynch looked good in the second half of the Tampa game and you discounted it and said he was not very good and that the game was in hand when he came in. And now he gets his hat handed to him with awful foot work, poor ball security in the pocket and terrible throws and decisions and it is the Oline's fault?

The kid was hurried all day. Hard to play well with no time. Especially in your first ever start in the NFL. I'm sure he will be a good QB. Just not yet. He needs time. Right now Siemian is a better QB for the Broncos.
BTW, here is what I posted last week about Lynch. No where did I say he was bad. You wash your hands today? Cause the words you put in my mouth tasted a little foul. LOL!
If Siemian can play, and I think he can, he will be our QB. Lynch looked good, but there is no real tape on him and the Bucs weren't prepared for him. In all reality, Lynch was average yesterday. Numbers wise anyway. He only completed 58%. A bit low. But I will say, he did take the team down and score. And he is a bit more athletic.

Back