Week 6 Colts Vs. Patriots (Pre)Gamethread: Time for Revenge

tonyto36

Reaction score
Line opened at Patriots -7.5 at +105

Get your money in now folks before the line skyrockets.

Can't wait!!

Crush the Colts!
That is all.

That was a legitimate defense that Tom Brady was up against today. The Colts don't have a defense. Patriots 66 clots 6
Colts fans will always remember this as the 666 game.

That was a legitimate defense that Tom Brady was up against today. The Colts don't have a defense. Patriots 66 clots 6
Colts fans will always remember this as the 666 game.

I dunno. Isn't it juuuusst a little bit early for the game thread?

I don't think Tom will get beaten up as much next week. Just a guess! :jclap:

The Colts will be raising their Deflategate banner this morning. :eek:

Next to this one:

images

11059938_10153101964520905_2947177534937847736_n.png

Colts would actually be better off with Hasselbeck at QB for this game.

Here's a little different revenge angle involving Dion Lewis & the Colts.

Lewis’ rise to No. 1 RB for the defending Super Bowl champions is evidence that there is talent out there for NFL teams to find, they just need to be smart enough to identify it and then understand how to put these players in a position to succeed. The Indianapolis Colts had Lewis on their roster a year ago in a season when they desperately needed a competent running back, but for whatever reason, be it roster needs or a failure to identify talent, they weren’t able to put him to work.
The Patriots play the Colts next week, and while both teams have had this game circled for months after the Deflategate scandal, it will carry a little extra special meaning for Lewis.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/the...-made-him-the-most-exciting-threat-in-the-nfl

Colts don't need to worry about Brady . Blount has destroyed them in 2 out last 3 games . He has 7 TDs against colts.

I honestly think we need to temper our expectations a little bit. We as fans WANT the Pats to put up 60+ points on the Colts. WE want revenge. But I don't think that's the Pat's mindset. I think Belichick views this as a conference game, and just wants his team to play a complete 60 minute game. WE as fans take it personally, but to them, it's just another game, just another opponent, albeit a conference opponent that the Pats need to beat to continue trying to get home field in the playoffs.

Brady is another matter though. The fans would be stupid to rile him up, we've seen the results so far (averaging over 37+ points a game). But, being Colt's fans, I expect them to show their stupidity in full force. But even so, I think Deflategate isn't even in Brady's mind, he's like Belichick, this is 2015-16, that was last season. He's a perfectionist and wants to score every time the offense is out there, regardless of the opponent, and feels like the offense failed miserably if they don't.

Anger doesn't really factor into this. I can't tell you how many of my Pat's fans friends predicted the Pats would KILL the Seahawks due to anger over Deflategate, and we saw how that worked out, they won by 4 (Thank God !). This is a team that motivates itself and has a master motivator in Belichick, they have a goal, and that is to just do their job and win.

I don't care what the score is, as long as we run it up big time, no mercy for them at all

Colts would actually be better off with Hasselbeck at QB for this game.

This. Based on how well the offense has played, especially limiting the number of 3 and outs. The only way the Colts have any chance of staying close is if they can control the clock. Limit the number of possessions where the Patriots run all over the defense and maybe they hang around within two touchdowns.

I still say the opening line of -7.5 is incredibly low though...

Back