Week 7 2022, The Bears At Gillette

Strong hints in Jax that Lawrence wants out. he's not happy......

Just saying.

Where did you hear that from? Talk about paying out the nose for him. Probably be about 4 1st round picks. I'd rather sign Lamar than do that IMO.

Where did you hear that from? Talk about paying out the nose for him. Probably be about 4 1st round picks. I'd rather sign Lamar than do that IMO.

If Lamar was available, Bill would love that. He's always been a huge fan of running, mobile QBs. I think it's because he finds it so hard to defend against them. It's what he was so positive about getting Cam here and stayed so loyal to him.

If Lamar was available, Bill would love that. He's always been a huge fan of running, mobile QBs. I think it's because he finds it so hard to defend against them. It's what he was so positive about getting Cam here and stayed so loyal to him.
If he could ever have consistent accuracy...he would be scary good. I know that I always knocked him, and it was because he was never consistent in his throws. He does have a lot of talent...Hurts busted his ass last off season with his accuracy and it's paying off.

If he could ever have consistent accuracy...he would be scary good. I know that I always knocked him, and it was because he was never consistent in his throws. He does have a lot of talent...Hurts busted his ass last off season with his accuracy and it's paying off.
Imagine Fields here. He’s the Qb I wanted.

Okay, first of all, I think Bill messed this up in a few ways. If Mac wasn't 100%, you have 3 options:
A) play Zappe, rest Mac
B) start Zappe, have sub-100% Mac available as a backup or to take a series here or there, working his way back.
C) start Mac anyway, have Zappe there as a backup or to split time.
Bill chose C, which is my least favorite option, but he knows more than me. But if you choose C, and Mac plays badly, you have to bite the bullet and wait for the right time to replace him, rather than right after he throws a bad pick. Pulling him when he did, it's hard for that not to turn into a confidence crisis and QB controversy.

My preferred answer is B. This gives Mac a little work that can become as much as you want/need him to play on his way back, but Zappe taking the reps and doing the game planning gives you a better read on him, and it becomes a win/neutral prop for Mac: if he takes some snaps and plays well, that's great, he's on his way back. If he doesn't, well, he's not 100% and didn't have the reps and game planning of a starter. We'll see in a week. But you give everyone involved an out.

Agreed 100%. Maybe I give BB too much credit. The fact this makes no sense suggests to me it’s not BB and that this idiotic QB debacle is related to Joe Judge, Rothstein, and Patricia. BB is just covering for them

Agreed 100%. Maybe I give BB too much credit. The fact this makes no sense suggests to me it’s not BB and that this idiotic QB debacle is related to Joe Judge, Rothstein, and Patricia. BB is just covering for them
Yes not a fan of Patricia. Good to see you posting again Flutie. This forum is better anyways!

No doubt Lawrence and Fields have higher athleticism than Mac and throw a better deep ball

Jones throws a phenomenal deep-ball. That's probably the best part of his game right now. Incredible touch and accuracy passing down the field when given a clean pocket. Certainly a much more accurate deep passer than Fields, and probably Lawrence.

It's all the other stuff that's he's having issues with: pocket presence, pocket movement, seeing the field, decision making.

If this were true, why hasn't he drafted one? I don't agree with your statement.

Yep, lost in all our angst was we didn't give credit to Chicago. They played a great game where they were full of aggressive intent and they bullied the Patriots. No other way of putting it.

Hungrier, more aggressive, more focused.

Back