Week 8 2020. The Bills

Positive side:

Harris is pretty impressive. He had a good game today.

JC Jackson is a keeper. He's the best CB for the Pats.

Izzo actually had a decent game.

Meyer sort of stepped up.

It's hilarious that people here think that BB signing a qb that literally NO OTHER TEAM EVER wanted...and he doesn't want to tank, but, Stidham is a tank job.

One is terrible, and the other is an unknown. I'd roll with the unknown.
BB was able to sign Cam at a dirt cheap contract because no one else wanted him.

As for Stidham, he's obviously not an unknown to Belichick. He felt like Cam was a better option and still does apparently.

Cam had one bad play in this game, the fumble. It happened to be a pretty good play by the defensive player. I would like to see Pats D players doing a little more of this. We have seen it in the past but not so much lately.

BB was able to sign Cam at a dirt cheap contract because no one else wanted him.

As for Stidham, he's obviously not an unknown to Belichick. He felt like Cam was a better option and still does apparently.

Cam had one bad play in this game, the fumble. It happened to be a pretty good play by the defensive player. I would like to see Pats D players doing a little more of this. We have seen it in the past but not so much lately.
Scam had numerous bad plays today...how many times did his passes hit the ground today? He could have ran many more times for positive yards, but, either got scared or waited too long until the opportunity had already passed.

Obviously the run defense wasn't very good either...and the onside kick was a dumb idea.

Scam had numerous bad plays today...how many times did his passes hit the ground today? He could have ran many more times for positive yards, but, either got scared or waited too long until the opportunity had already passed.

Obviously the run defense wasn't very good either...and the onside kick was a dumb idea.
A lot of those passes that hit the ground today went for picks last week. He was throwing it away when he was under pressure in most cases.

I agree the onside kick was a bad idea. So was kicking a FG on 3rd down at the end of the first half. But all signs point to the head coach not trusting his team on either side of the ball. In my opinion Belichick has all but accepted this is a lost season between Brady leaving unexpectedly, covid opt outs and covid itself with how it's impacted the team already. But he's not going to tank the season for a higher draft pick, that's just not how he operates.

A lot of those passes that hit the ground today went for picks last week. He was throwing it away when he was under pressure in most cases.

I agree the onside kick was a bad idea. So was kicking a FG on 3rd down at the end of the first half. But all signs point to the head coach not trusting his team on either side of the ball. In my opinion Belichick has all but accepted this is a lost season between Brady leaving unexpectedly, covid opt outs and covid itself with how it's impacted the team already. But he's not going to tank the season for a higher draft pick, that's just not how he operates.
He doesn't have to tank...I have a thread that explained this.

Sometimes on bad teams, there's one or two players you still want to watch. Who do you like? Harris is good this year, and the guy with 4 interceptions. What's his name? And the kicker, Folk. That's about it for me.
The next couple days with the trade deadline coming up could be very interesting. BB has never been afraid to move any player.

Great and all valid points you make here. I know Edelmann has been playing with lagging injuries but it is hard not to think he will not be trying to get back with TFB starting next year. After AB starts his upswing with TFB, you may see more players want to play for a head coach and other coaches like players seem to feel about Arians and his coaching staff. With et Bucs 6-2 (after tomorrow night and the Pats 2-5 the question of who the most important BB or TFB contributor has aleady been answered. The only question now is what Arians can do to make it happen this or next year. I wish I was able to feel more strongly about the Bucs D depth. I guess we'll know more in a few weeks....
Players want to go to Tampa because of Brady not Arians. That being said, Brady running Arians system is impressive. I am happy to at least have them to watch given the rebuild state of the Pats.

Back