Well clearly the argument is over...at least at SI.

Don't worry, next year it will change, then the year after that it will change. Years from now when both Brady and Manning are retired and in the NFL HOF, there will still be arguments who was better. To me, they are both elite future HOF QB's who are probably about as good as each other when you average out all the years they have been in the NFL. Each have bad years and good years.

Don't worry, next year it will change, then the year after that it will change. Years from now when both Brady and Manning are retired and in the NFL HOF, there will still be arguments who was better. To me, they are both elite future HOF QB's who are probably about as good as each other when you average out all the years they have been in the NFL. Each have bad years and good years.

The arguments will go something like this:

Miami fan: Dan Marino was better than Joe Montana

Rest of world: :jester:

Indeed both franchises are blessed to have these guys as QBs. When all is said and done, we can look back and see who was better, if that really matters. Right now the numbers seem to be pointing to Brady, but they both have a few years to go. By then, the picture should be clear.

I remember a couple years ago when this argument was also declared "over" and Manning the declared the victor.

The more things change...

Ras beat me to posting this. This is another article at SI that has a very impressive stat.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ing-brady-makes-sense-in-theory-but-its-risky*************************************
Record when sacked three or more times since 2003

Player - Record - Win pct.
Tom Brady.....19-4.....82.6
Brett Favre.....11-11.....50.0
Peyton Manning.....6-5.....54.5
Drew Brees.....5-14.....26.3
Michael Vick.....15-19......4.1

Right after we won the superbowl. Also I saw similar articles around 2008.

I'm not searching for 5 year old links sorry. Your perrogative to believe me or not.

You mean the SB season where Manning threw 7 INTs to 3 TDs and stole Dom Rhodes MVP trophy after playing a Rex Grossman led team? This argument was local to your region I'm guessing? He was better than Brady the year that Brady didn't play, I'll give you that. ;)

Right after we won the superbowl. Also I saw similar articles around 2008.

I'm not searching for 5 year old links sorry. Your perrogative to believe me or not.

I recall those articles. Many of those same writes changed their tune a few months later when Tommy proved he could light up the scoreboard with the best of them in 2007...

And then they changed back in 2008-9 when Brady wasn't quite as visible and Manning went to another superbowl....

And around and around we go.

I recall those articles. Many of those same writes changed their tune a few months later when Tommy proved he could light up the scoreboard with the best of them in 2007...

And then they changed back in 2008-9 when Brady wasn't quite as visible and Manning went to another superbowl....

And around and around we go.
Exactly.

I am with most of you here...they are BOTH super star QBs. I like to say that Brady is better 3rings blah blah blah...but they are both studs and it has been very cool to have had one of the greatest QBs in history on our team (your team Colts fans)...lol.

Who cares about that the real debate is between the Hoyernator and Painter, Manning and Brady are just holding there places until those two can bless the league with there talents and make what Tom and Peyton did look like childs play.

It wasn't really SI, they just publish /link CHFF stuff. That article appeared on CHFF before SI.
With all due respect (and plenty is due) I don't think this is totally correct. This of course rehashes some of his earlier Brady-Manning debate stuff, but it's mostly new, basically is focusing on what happened to Tom's stat's as of this past Sunday vs. the Packers. I dont see this particular story on CHFF. In addition, he does an original weekly game of the week kinda thing that comes up only on SI. I believe it's a strategic partnership wherein they cross-promote each other and part of the deal, I believe, is that he does a small amount of "original" work for SI. Problem of course is that there's really not much "original" left in the B/M debate.

Cheers, BostonTim

With all due respect (and plenty is due) I don't think this is totally correct. This of course rehashes some of his earlier Brady-Manning debate stuff, but it's mostly new, basically is focusing on what happened to Tom's stat's as of this past Sunday vs. the Packers. I dont see this particular story on CHFF. In addition, he does an original weekly game of the week kinda thing that comes up only on SI. I believe it's a strategic partnership wherein they cross-promote each other and part of the deal, I believe, is that he does a small amount of "original" work for SI. Problem of course is that there's really not much "original" left in the B/M debate.

Cheers, BostonTim

I stand corrected sir. I coulda swore I read that at the CHFF site before SI but it was on SI..... Thanks....

Back