We're on to 2015.. a la Brady

MaineMimi

Reaction score
From Brady's Facebook:

The regular season starts tomorrow morning and I can’t wait to fully commit my energy and emotion to focus on the challenges of the 2015 NFL season. I want to thank my family, my friends, all of the fans, past and current players and my teammates for the support they have given me throughout this challenging experience. I also want to thank Judge Berman and his staff for their efforts to resolve this matter over the past five weeks. I am very grateful. My thanks also to the union's legal team who has fought so hard right along with me. While I am pleased to be eligible to play, I am sorry our league had to endure this. I don’t think it has been good for our sport - to a large degree, we have all lost. I am also sorry to anyone whose feelings I may have hurt as I have tried to work to resolve this situation. I love the NFL. It is a privilege to be a member of the NFL community and I will always try to do my best in representing my team and the league in a way that would make all members of this community proud. I look forward to the competition on the playing field and I hope the attention of NFL fans can return to where it belongs - on the many great players and coaches who work so hard every week, and sacrifice so much, to make this game great. Most importantly, I look forward to representing the New England Patriots on Thursday night in our season opener. I hope to make all of our fans proud this year … and beyond!

Class Act all the way wuv

From Brady's Facebook:

The regular season starts tomorrow morning and I can’t wait to fully commit my energy and emotion to focus on the challenges of the 2015 NFL season. I want to thank my family, my friends, all of the fans, past and current players and my teammates for the support they have given me throughout this challenging experience. I also want to thank Judge Berman and his staff for their efforts to resolve this matter over the past five weeks. I am very grateful. My thanks also to the union's legal team who has fought so hard right along with me. While I am pleased to be eligible to play, I am sorry our league had to endure this. I don’t think it has been good for our sport - to a large degree, we have all lost. I am also sorry to anyone whose feelings I may have hurt as I have tried to work to resolve this situation. I love the NFL. It is a privilege to be a member of the NFL community and I will always try to do my best in representing my team and the league in a way that would make all members of this community proud. I look forward to the competition on the playing field and I hope the attention of NFL fans can return to where it belongs - on the many great players and coaches who work so hard every week, and sacrifice so much, to make this game great. Most importantly, I look forward to representing the New England Patriots on Thursday night in our season opener. I hope to make all of our fans proud this year … and beyond!

Brady wins again.

you're a better man than i Brady.The best revenge is to make
douchenozzle hand you another trophy in Feb.

you're a better man than i Brady.The best revenge is to make
douchenozzle hand you another trophy in Feb.

Brady seems like a good dude. He's always conducted himself w/ class & sportsmanship on and off the field - always paying respect to opponents who he knows he pretty much owns, and playing the game the right way.

Maybe I've read too many of the message boards under articles about this whole "scandal," but things have gotten really ugly out there. Sports hate used to be a fun thing, and it's gotten to be so vitriolic. I have "hated" great athletes who beat my teams, but always respected them in the end and never hated them personally. I think the internet in general has really changed discourse - not just in sports, either.

Anyway, just felt some weird need to let at least a few Pats fans know that not all fans out there are crazy about this thing. In fact, I think there is a silent majority out there who see the whole thing as pretty stupid. Real football fans understand what Brady means to the game (even as they may curse him for beating their team yet again).

Great perspective here from Tom. I know many were hoping Brady would just rub this in but that has never been him. He will buckle his chin strap and let his play on the field do his talking like he always does. Can't wait for Thursday! Banner 4 coming soon.

Now the 2015 season can officially begin with the Pats and their leader celebrating the incredible '14 season with the fans on Thursday night.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but you guys have to listen to this. It's a sports radio station out in San Francisco, with a host who's been pounding Brady. Anyway, Brady's dad calls in. I am completely flabbergasted at this host's sheer belief in the NFL, and can feel Tom Sr.'s emotion and frustration.

And this is likely what every sports radio host is saying everywhere outside of New England.

http://deadspin.com/tom-bradys-angry-dad-calls-radio-show-calls-roger-good-1728882072

From Brady's Facebook:

Shows how true Bob Kraft's words are.
“As I have said during this process and throughout his Patriots career, Tom Brady is a classy person of the highest integrity. He represents everything that is great about this game and this league. Yet, with absolutely no evidence of any actions of wrongdoing by Tom in the Wells report, the lawyers at the league still insisted on imposing and defending unwarranted and unprecedented discipline. Judge Richard Berman understood this and we are greatly appreciative of his thoughtful decision that was delivered today. Now, we can return our focus to the game on the field.”

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but you guys have to listen to this. It's a sports radio station out in San Francisco, with a host who's been pounding Brady. Anyway, Brady's dad calls in. I am completely flabbergasted at this host's sheer belief in the NFL, and can feel Tom Sr.'s emotion and frustration.

And this is likely what every sports radio host is saying everywhere outside of New England.

http://deadspin.com/tom-bradys-angry-dad-calls-radio-show-calls-roger-good-1728882072

Wow. just..wow

Unfortunate but taking an anti-Brady stand gets clicks, listeners and readers outside of NE.

Heck, even Tanguay right here got a lot of pub with it; negative pub, yes, but in his case any pub is good. Such a greasy haired douche.

Fortunately not all are this stupid. I have heard a couple that believed the NFL made up most of the story.

Brady seems like a good dude. He's always conducted himself w/ class & sportsmanship on and off the field - always paying respect to opponents who he knows he pretty much owns, and playing the game the right way.

Maybe I've read too many of the message boards under articles about this whole "scandal," but things have gotten really ugly out there. Sports hate used to be a fun thing, and it's gotten to be so vitriolic. I have "hated" great athletes who beat my teams, but always respected them in the end and never hated them personally. I think the internet in general has really changed discourse - not just in sports, either.

Anyway, just felt some weird need to let at least a few Pats fans know that not all fans out there are crazy about this thing. In fact, I think there is a silent majority out there who see the whole thing as pretty stupid. Real football fans understand what Brady means to the game (even as they may curse him for beating their team yet again).

Thanks. Being a Pats fan these last 8 years has really caused me reevaluate my own "sports hates". Like you said, it's supposed to be fun. I think it says something really sad about people when they get so wrapped up in their vitriol. I can't even say I truly hate say, Jeter, and even A ROD I think gets more crap than he deserves. And like others have expressed elsewhere, I still root for Manning's noodle to fall off as he loses in hiliating ways, but I don't really hate the guy. (Except for his choreographed little keep away routine after breaking the record last year, jeezus). Anyway, save the true hate for those who deserve it, like the dirty, dirty Ratbirds.

Sent from the moon using lasers

Other fans' hatred used to be fun, now it's kind of pathetic. With the level of venom, they ought to go see a shrink to find out where all this raging hate comes from.

The Internet definitely has changed the rules of fandom. Too easy for haters to spread their vitriol now and trolls pop up like weeds on message boards. Glad to see we have some classy fans from other teams here. :)

It's the internet. Back in the day I would tell co-workers how much I hated Marino. I 'hated' him because he was so hard to sack and because he had the two Marks to throw to.

But as you say, it wasn't real hate, just sports fan talk. If I said the things that are posted today, my friends would have thought something was seriously wrong with me.

With the internet came anonymity which is an invitation to spew hate for those who like to upset others. They might collect karma in the long run, but in this life, they just spew vitriol, as you say.

No one is unaffected. I 'hated' Manning and called him Pay-Me-a-Ton which was fan talk, but on the internet I probably crossed the line with the Jets. That rivalry runs deep, and I tasted the power of the dark side. In my defense, I haven't yet gone to a Jets board to spin them up, restricting myself to indulging in gentle and not-so-gentle teasing only on Pats boards (I figure that any Jets fan or Raider fan (ten years ago) or Colts fan for that matter knows he/she is getting into when they come here. Still, my karma gauge has gone down dramatically since the internet arrived.

I don't think anything is going to change. It is what it is.

IMO, worse than trolling fans is ESPN's failure to report news fairly and equitably, and at the very top (or is that bottom) of the pile is Goodell, who replaced Tagliabue and immediately began a campaign of abuse of power, and under the banner of Integrity lied and was deceitful and unfairly targeted individuals and teams in order to consolidate his power.

Spygate was overblown IMO because it wasn't about cheating, it was about not obeying a Goodell memo about WHERE you could film not that you couldn't film.

They twisted and 'invented' evidence against the Saints, who should have been a warning for everyone but we Pats fans blindly waited to the Wells report to not only clear Brady but put the focus on the league office. Ha ha. Fool my once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

The ownership deserves Goodell after the Redskins and Cowboys were penalized for contracts that had been approved by the league. I never understood why they accepted that...I guess I'm running off topic now.........

One thing I'm encouraged by this is TB's father called GOofball a FLAMING Liar. Translation that means TB12, and Most importantly Bob Kraft thinks the same.

Good Bye Roger Goofball. It may take time, but its going to happen. Not one shred of doubt in my mind now. I say by this time next year that asshat will be gone. At worse the NFL will not renew that contract.

Back