We're on to Buffalo... (And the Divisional Round!)

No chance JG starts. Brady plays into the second half at least and Jimmy gets part of the third and all of the 4th quarter. I'd expect Edelman to sit (concussion) and Gronk to play maybe the first quarter. I expect the starting defense to play the full game.

Rest the secondary in the second half. Dennard & bulter at CB. Harmon & T wilson at safety .

I'd like to see Gronk rested for sure. Edelman could probably do with another sit out as you say. Hopefully Blount is back, if he's healthy he will be seriously fresh for a RB going into the playoffs, as should Gray.

I hope Dan Connolly is back.

This is a real game of just be careful, gets some patterns worked out and pray there's no injuries...

Sit Gronk and Edelman for sure and don't let TFB play more than the 1st half, we need these guys to be healthy come playoff time.

10406621_10100179340722014_2125047489511652330_n.jpg

I'd like to see Gronk rested for sure. Edelman could probably do with another sit out as you say. Hopefully Blount is back, if he's healthy he will be seriously fresh for a RB going into the playoffs, as should Gray.

I hope Dan Connolly is back.

This is a real game of just be careful, gets some patterns worked out and pray there's no injuries...

You rest Connelly , blount , Edelman & any other starter listed as questionable on the injury list.

They do have the bye week, so I think a lot of Sunday will be fine tuning and improving their timing. You do not want to come out flat in the divisional round. I'm looking forward to seeing the future (Jimmy G) to be honest.

Yeah, to me the more we see Jimmy G and the less we see Gronk, Revis, Browner, Hightower, etc the better. I completely agree with the rust argument, but this can be a dangerous situation.

We just have to pray to the injury Gods all. week. long.

This game should be treated like the final preseason game. No starters should be anywhere near the field.
Nothing to gain, and everything to lose in having our key players out there in a game which means absolutely nothing to either team...except for some of the Bills who are desperate to make an impression and hang onto their jobs.
We have some issues, particularly with the OL. Two weeks of practice before the next real game should be a great opportunity to get those things worked out.
Compared to prior seasons, we've been reasonably fortunate in the injury department this year.
I see absolutely no benefit in tempting fate in a meaningless game.

BB likes to have the team wind down at the half and ramp back up after half. He will likely play the starters until after the 1st series in the 2nd half. After that, you'll need a program to know who's out there.

I expect Blount , Edelman , Connelly & Arrington to be inactive. I have a feeling all the star players will be active . Playing most of the game .

Fact of the matter is I can't remember Belichick sitting anyone in this situation. He'll pull Brady at some point, but for the most part, you can't sit all the starters because you only have so many players. Play them all and kill Buffalo. If you are afraid of injuries, remember Gronk/Revis, etc are more likely to get hurt in the car on the way to the stadium that during a game.

Buffalo has rushed the ball for a franchise low so far in 2014 & needs 174 yds vs the Pats to prevent it from being the all time worst for the Bills

Buffalo's inability to run the football in 2014 is going well beyond not living up to the standard the Bills set the last few years. Heading into their Week 17 game against the New England Patriots, the Bills need 174 rushing yards to avoid setting a franchise low for a 16-game season. Jackson can hardly believe that stat when he hears it.

Jackson can't stand to see a career-low 3.8 yards per carry next to his name, and he certainly doesn't want to be associated with the worst rushing team in franchise history.
http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bil...bills_franchise_season-low_rushing_total.html

I had forgotten that Spikes was signed to a 1 yr contract.

players that might be making their final appearance in Bills colors this Sunday.

QB Kyle Orton

True, Orton signed a two-year contract with the team this past August, but he can void the second year of the deal five days after the Super Bowl is played on February 1 - and he may just do that if it becomes apparent that he won't have an opportunity to start for the Bills in 2015. If he does elect to stay, and the Bills later decide to move on without him, they can still cut him at a cap saving of $5.5 million. You don't need me to tell you that the team needs to do better than Orton at this position going into 2015.

RB C.J. Spiller

Like Orton, Spiller has an option built into his contract wherein he can void the final year of his rookie contract (scheduled to pay him about $2.2 million) and become an unrestricted free agent. He'll be 28 in August, and his production has slipped dramatically in two seasons under Doug Marrone after an outstanding Pro Bowl campaign in 2012. If he spends any more time in Buffalo's moribund offense, he might have a hard time landing a lucrative deal as a free agent if he doesn't choose that route this spring. If I'm Spiller, I'm apologizing to Fred Jackson for bailing, and hightailing it on out of here.
OG Erik Pears
OG Kraig Urbik

Buffalo has serious work to do along the offensive line, and their current starting guards are the clear beginning point for any rebuilding efforts likely to take place this spring. Pears, who turns 33 next summer, is a pending unrestricted free agent, and it's far more likely than not that the Bills will let him walk. He has been terrible all season at right guard. Urbik wasn't even a starter to begin the season, but the team is still paying him like one. If he's not in the team's long-term plans as a starter, they could cut him and save $2.275 million against their 2015 salary cap. His performance in 2014 as a part-time starter does not warrant keeping him around in that capacity, and he'd be overpaid as a reserve.
DE Jerry Hughes
DE Manny Lawson
DE Jarius Wynn

Hughes won't turn 27 until training camp next summer, and as an in-his-prime, productive player at a premium position, he's going to demand top dollar if he hits the open market. (The Bills could also use the franchise tag on him; last year's one-year figure of $13.116 million would put him in Mario Williams territory for the 2015 season, so a long-term deal would obviously be preferable.) Signing Hughes is of the utmost importance, so the team could cut bait with the veteran Lawson (at $1.6 million in cap savings), let the pending unrestricted free agent Wynn walk, lock up Hughes, and then re-tool their depth behind their Pro Bowl caliber starters.

LB Brandon Spikes
LB Keith Rivers

Kiko Alonso will be back in the lineup for the Bills next season, and he'll be joined by Preston Brown and Nigel Bradham - who have both had excellent 2014 campaigns - in the starting lineup. Buffalo has the makings of a very formidable and young linebacker group for 2015, and the two veterans listed above aren't a part of that picture. Spikes is going to be an unrestricted free agent, and he's not going to return to Buffalo if he's not a nominal starter (Brown will likely take his spot inside). Rivers has already completely fallen out of the team's plans both defensively and on special teams, and releasing him after the season will save $1.7 million against the cap.
S Da'Norris Searcy

In the first year post-Jairus Byrd, despite concerns about his athletic limitations, Searcy maintained a big role in Buffalo's defense and had a solid season. He is not a full-time starter, as the team likes to rotate in Duke Williams and even Corey Graham at safety on obvious passing downs, but Searcy's a good football player, and the Bills still need as many of those as they can get. But will Searcy accept a part-time role when it's possible he could land a full-time gig elsewhere? Searcy is one of the more underrated names on Buffalo's free agent to-do list this offseason.
Two other names worth pointing out for this list: special teams ace Marcus Easley and blocking tight end Lee Smith are both scheduled for unrestricted free agency this spring, as well.
http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/12/2...layers-in-their-last-patriots-game-free-agent

Back