What are you "too cheap"to buy?

HSanders

disgusted and pissed
Reaction score
I don't care if you are Midas,king of mufflers (😁) or living paycheck to paycheck,everyone has something that they are simply not going to pay for whether it's coffee in a coffee shop,dry cleaning, lunch out,new glasses frames,etc. give me yours below,and why.
one on my cheapies is napkins. i will grab some extra when i am at panera or whatever to use at home. i do have "real" paper napkins i bought for use with guests but for me? give me free!

Two or three layer Toilet Paper.

1000 sheet Scottie is my most often purchased.

Cottonelle has a fantastic thick and soft single sheet 600 roll and I'll clean the shelf whenever I see it.

How to wipe your butt is a completely different subject.

I'm too cheap to buy new yard equipment such as lawn mowers and snowthrowers every couple of years, so my answer is to buy
non-ethanol gas, which cost about 20 bucks a gallon. This is my insurance policy to spend money to save more money down the road. it's
not the only answer to the problem, but I'm sold.

For those that don't know, ethanol in gasoline is tough on small engines because it will clog up your lines and jets. Others may
have their own methods, I tried a lot of them, but all I know is that all my small machines work way better, winterize way better and always start
quickly. Worth it.

Two or three layer Toilet Paper.

1000 sheet Scottie is my most often purchased.

Cottonelle has a fantastic thick and soft single sheet 600 roll and I'll clean the shelf whenever I see it.

How to wipe your butt is a completely different subject.
I am the same way with the Scottie bathroom tissue. One of our close friends complains about it when she’s over, so I keep a couple of the fluffy rolls around for when she comes over.

I'm too cheap to buy a cheap suit. A $300 suit won't last. A $3000 suit will last a lifetime and will be a better value than a lifetime of buying cheap suits.

And vowels, I would never buy a vowel. If ya can't with with consonants get outta the game. :)

I'm too cheap to buy new yard equipment such as lawn mowers and snowthrowers every couple of years, so my answer is to buy
non-ethanol gas, which cost about 20 bucks a gallon. This is my insurance policy to spend money to save more money down the road. it's
not the only answer to the problem, but I'm sold.

For those that don't know, ethanol in gasoline is tough on small engines because it will clog up your lines and jets. Others may
have their own methods, I tried a lot of them, but all I know is that all my small machines work way better, winterize way better and always start
quickly. Worth it.

I like the long term way you think.

I'm too cheap to buy a brand new car and have it depreciate 15-20% the moment I drive it off the lot.
I look for 2-4 year old cars with less than 10,000 miles/year to save a bundle on a diminishing asset that still has a full warranty.

I'm too cheap to buy a brand new car and have it depreciate 15-20% the moment I drive it off the lot.
I look for 2-4 year old cars with less than 10,000 miles/year to save a bundle on a diminishing asset that still has a full warranty.

Yeah.

Bought a 96 Caddy Eldorado in 98 for 19 grand, over half the orignal sticker price. Awesome car. Had low credit at the time and got a great loan at almost 20%. What a deal. 😂 Not to mention the wife, a finance wiz was not happy with either the loan or the car considering I went out to buy a new work truck and came home with a useless, stupid, flashy, bourgeois Cadillac. Ooff!!!

That 1 and only marriage lasted a year and a half. Weird, I know. 😂

Bought everything except a home and work van that was 0% interest in cash after that.

Last edited:
I don't care if you are Midas,king of mufflers (😁) or living paycheck to paycheck,everyone has something that they are simply not going to pay for whether it's coffee in a coffee shop,dry cleaning, lunch out,new glasses frames,etc. give me yours below,and why.
one on my cheapies is napkins. i will grab some extra when i am at panera or whatever to use at home. i do have "real" paper napkins i bought for use with guests but for me? give me free!
Cool thread. I'm at a point where cost is far less important than once it was. If One product would make things easier than some cheaper product (or a different method) then it's price trumped by performance. Just an old fart's perspective. But I am thinking about the Q. I'm sure there are things to which I just say no.

Cheers

I'm too cheap to buy underwear.

Commando is the way to go. :biggrin:

Not so much a cheap thing with me, I just don't see the point and I'm more comfortable

My mom was always disgusted saying it was unsanitary. Umm. Why? I change my pants every day like I would underwear. And I never get in accidents so why do I need clean underwear, mom? Huh?

I'm too cheap to buy clothes at retail prices, or even the standard 20 to 25% off of retail.

Used to blow 200 bucks a week on new clothes at Macys and stuff when I was young. Now I love places like Marshall's and I've even grown fond of thrift stores, they often have great stuff still with the price tags for dirt cheap.

My best friend grew up with very little and she always rolls her eyes at the suggestion of going to Marshall's. Says it's all expensive name brand stuff. Umm...yeah...at like 70% off.

Perspective is everything I guess.

Last edited:
Not so much a cheap thing with me, I just don't see the point and I'm more comfortable

My mom was always disgusted saying it was unsanitary. Umm. Why? I change my pants every day like I would underwear. And I never get in accidents so why do I need clean underwear, mom? Huh?
No underwear with the $3000 suits, even?

I will never pay for a prostitute.

Can't say I haven't.

But these days I've become like a favorite uncle or brother to most women. It's the respect, care and understanding thing. So at this point I'm guessing if I hired one I'd become her best friend, shed hand me my money back and say, "I don't want to ruin something this special between us with sex".

I swear, one more chick says that and I'm going postal. 😂

Besides, Bill Clinton assured the world that what I'm looking to pay for is not "sexual relations with that woman".

Back