What are your plans for the 4th of july?

fusion99

Reaction score
For me, It's my father's 50th birthday so we are going to throw a huge party for him, then probably light off some fireworks of our own on Monday. Got to love that three-day (3.5 for me) weekend. So, what is everyone else doing for the 4th?

I'm going to do some work on the mo'sicle, help pour a foundation for the new garage out back and drink lots and lots of beer in the process.

:D

Unique situation for me.

My wife is in Florida until late Tuesday. That leaves me home alone :eek:

I'll try to stay out of trouble tonight as I make the rounds at some fine establishments. Saturday, a neighbor is having a combo graduation/4th party. These people usually throw all-nighters. Sunday is rest and recuperate, maybe some yard work. Monday is a family cookout.

I may need a vacation to recover ;)

mow, eat, sleep. mow, eat, sleep. mow, eat, sleep. Drinking beer while mowing of course.:thumb:

KenJr30 said:
mow, eat, sleep. mow, eat, sleep. mow, eat, sleep. Drinking beer while mowing of course.:thumb:

Three days of mowing :confused:

bideau said:
Three days of mowing :confused:

Nope, but Saturday will probably take ALL day since I have not cut this week. My oldest son has been in basketball camp this week and we've been going up there at night (each night) to watch the league games.

So it will sure seem like all three days.

I'm heading up to Hampton Beach, NH for 3 days of R&R.

I've been burning the candle pretty hard lately and could use some booze-soaked leisure to see if I can reach the alpha state.

Got a place right on the beach that actually has a couple of palm trees.

I'm bringing my portable sound system, some high-class hootch and have laid in a stock of pre-Castro legal cuban stogies, one of which I plan to fire up shortly after arrival.

No shirt, no shoes, no problem.
Blues? What blues? Hey I forgot 'em
With my toes in the sand and a drink in my hand
with no bottom
No shirt, no shoes, no problem

Hawg73 said:
I'm heading up to Hampton Beach, NH for 3 days of R&R.

I've been burning the candle pretty hard lately and could use some booze-soaked leisure to see if I can reach the alpha state.

Got a place right on the beach that actually has a couple of palm trees.

I'm bringing my portable sound system, some high-class hootch and have laid in a stock of pre-Castro legal cuban stogies, one of which I plan to fire up shortly after arrival.

No shirt, no shoes, no problem.
Blues? What blues? Hey I forgot 'em
With my toes in the sand and a drink in my hand
with no bottom
No shirt, no shoes, no problem

I noticed there was no mention of your wife. Does she have a role in this mini-vacation? :shrug:

bideau said:
I noticed there was no mention of your wife. Does she have a role in this mini-vacation? :shrug:

D'oh! What an oversight. Yes, she is. In retrospect it sounded like I was having a vacation by myself.

We are staying with another couple as well and I don't expect any wife-swapping will occur.

As far as I know. :fire:

Hawg73 said:
D'oh! What an oversight. Yes, she is. In retrospect it sounded like I was having a vacation by myself.

We are staying with another couple as well and I don't expect any wife-swapping will occur.

As far as I know. :fire:

Well, you never know what might happen if you all reach the alpha state at the same time :eek:

I'm off to a wedding in Augusta, Me. Leave Saturday morning & return Monday morning. Should be fun.

I'm staining my deck, fishing as much as possible, and eating/ drinking in between.

The Big Event of the weekend is a Huge Whiffle ball tourney directly followed by a no limit Texas hold'em game (50 dollar buy in; 30 people; winner take all). One of my friends builds a pretty nice replica fenway. We have been doing it since we were about 12 but at age 16 we introduced beer to the tourney and that sort of takes the edge off and by the end it is pretty comical.

Our team is the favorite this year with the team that has won the past 3 years has moved out of the area. (We lost to them in the finals 2 out of 3 years :banghead: ). We had a Bartman Incident one year though that I really do not like to talk about.

Other then that , I really do not know what I am doing

well Saturday I'm getting blueberry pancakes in bed (due to my 12th place finish in poker tuesday night) taking Cam to watch fireworks over the Delaware river saturday,sunday and monday night .... in between I'll be wondering how long it will take security to come bitch about sparklers and fire crackers (no "fireworks" allowed in the community) Having a small family cook out sunday (daughter has to work the 4th)

Saturday - Cookout at my mom's. Most of her family will be there.

Sunday - Taking my dad out to lunch, with my sis, niece, & nephew, for father's day, since his ignorant wife planned a weekend with her daughter in Nebraska the weekend of father's day.

Monday - No idea, yet. I'm sure we'll come up with something. :shrug:

Re: Re: What are your plans for the 4th of july?

joephoto said:
Going to Red Lobster for Aztec Chicken.

Haha, make sure you bring an annoying girl from the gym with you :thumb:

I did forget to mention that I will be drinking as much beer as I can, and i'll be on the lookout for a BBQ to attend.

Leaving for the Lakehouse later today.
Will begin drinking upon arrival.
Saturday morning yardwork, Saturday evening going to Tanglewood for an episode of "Prairie Home Companion".
Fultilt loves this radio show with Garrison Keiler (sp) and they do the july 4th episode from tanglewood every year. It's like 10-12 thousand people on the lawn. A blast.
Sunday boating and the rest of the week spent there.
Various friends and family up to visit at various times during the week. Looking forward to seeing the grandkids...

Tonight I am going to the Redsox game with friends from the office...........Company outing.

Tomorrow I am going to one of my good friend's wedding.......open bar, NICE!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday I will be partying at my friend's house on the Lynn/Swampsott line. House right on the water front, nice place to see the fireworks.

Monday, 3 of my buddies are renting a house in Salem that is on the water, literally crashes under their deck. Salem shoot the fireworks off directly in front of their place.

Back