What do you think of Jonathan Kraft?

rivshark86

Reaction score
I know this is a little random, and prolly most of us really have no idea about the guy, but is the team going to be in good hands when Bob is gone? Seems like a the biggest factor in long term success of a team is good ownership, and Bob is not going to be around forever. From the outside it looks like Jonathan is very involved in decisions, but I really don't have a clue. I was just curious what yall know and think of the guy. Is he going to be running the show in a few years?

I think he was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple...

I worry about this team when he assumes control...

I think he was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple...

I worry about this team when he assumes control...

Born crossing home plate and thinks he hit a grand slam. It wii be a problem.

I know this is a little random, and prolly most of us really have no idea about the guy, but is the team going to be in good hands when Bob is gone? Seems like a the biggest factor in long term success of a team is good ownership, and Bob is not going to be around forever. From the outside it looks like Jonathan is very involved in decisions, but I really don't have a clue. I was just curious what yall know and think of the guy. Is he going to be running the show in a few years?

I'm not looking forward at all, to when his father steps down.

:frown:

If Jonathan is dedicated to winning, and hires the right coach and GM (assuming BB is retired), and stays the hell out of the way, then you can't ask for much more then that.
it's the meddling owners like Dan Snyder or cheap owners that would worry me.

My fear isn't J. Kraft taking over but instead taking over when BB is gone. If Robert Kraft steps down and BB is still coaching then it's no big deal but when a new coach comes along there is going to be a big risk of suckage.
Posted via Mobile Device

JK (how appropriate) shouldn't have interjected himself into the Logan Mankins holdout by demanding an apology for his father after it appeared the dust had settled. It's business, not personal. Things get said in the heat of negotiations. It's business, not personal. I think that's a lesson the kid needs to learn, one the old man seemed to be okay with.

Jonathan is a smart guy and will keep the business-side of the Patriots humming along. But, all of the great business, Patriot place, etc. are fueled by winning.

Jonathan will have to pick the right coach. His Dad went 1 for 2. Let's hope Jonathan is that lucky. Look around the league and see how many active lock-for-the-HOF coaches there are. Could get ugly.

I'm assuming that Josh McDaniels is the next HC.

I'd like to think that Jonathan has learned a thing or two from his Dad through the years, and I hope his ownership style is as hands off when it comes to the football side of things. Mr Kraft certainly had his share of growing pains in the beginning, so some bumps should be expected. I'd also like to think that Jonathan's passion for the team is what guides him in his decisions.

I don't see him as acting like an entitled brat, but I don't know the man.

A related story about Jonathan. The Brookline Pop Warner football team was a mess in the early 2000's. Every age group was the doormat of the division. Their field was in shambles. Enter Jonathan Kraft.

Brookline has a new turf field, a whole new coaching staff at all levels, new uniforms and equipment, coordinated coaching attire, and a bus, painted with Patriot colors, that is used to recruit in Jamaica Plain.

J. Kraft and cronies tapped the talent pool in JP.

Now Brookline Pop Warner is a yearly juggernaut.

We know J Kraft can build a Pop Warner program!

Jonathan is a smart guy and will keep the business-side of the Patriots humming along. But, all of the great business, Patriot place, etc. are fueled by winning.

Jonathan will have to pick the right coach. His Dad went 1 for 2. Let's hope Jonathan is that lucky. Look around the league and see how many active lock-for-the-HOF coaches there are. Could get ugly.

I'm not as worried about Jon Kraft now as I was 2-3 yrs ago. His education and his dad have taught him well about the business side of the Patriots and that's where he speaks most comfortably. As long as he doesn't meddle, and I think he's smart enough not to, the Pats will be in good hands.

Picking the right coach won't be done by Jon. Belichick will be all over that.

I think that when BB does step down, his successor will be hand-picked by BB himself.

Going off on a tangent, I think Josh can coach, but a GM, he is not. Someone else would need to be in charge of shopping for the groceries.

A related story about Jonathan. The Brookline Pop Warner football team was a mess in the early 2000's. Every age group was the doormat of the division. Their field was in shambles. Enter Jonathan Kraft.

Brookline has a new turf field, a whole new coaching staff at all levels, new uniforms and equipment, coordinated coaching attire, and a bus, painted with Patriot colors, that is used to recruit in Jamaica Plain.

J. Kraft and cronies tapped the talent pool in JP.

Now Brookline Pop Warner is a yearly juggernaut.

We know J Kraft can build a Pop Warner program!

or he can buy the best pop warner program.

Going off on a tangent, I think Josh can coach, but a GM, he is not. Someone else would need to be in charge of shopping for the groceries.

I too think Josh can coach. I think he relates well to players. His most recent tour of duty under Belichick is the best thing he could have done to improve his coaching skills.

The question is when Josh is ready to move up, will Belichick be ready to move on?

Tom Coughlin is six years older than Belichick and still coaching. Is it crazy to think Belichick could be the HC New England for another 10 years?

I think the owner will be picking the next head coach, like they've always done here.

And as I've been saying for years in posts the next coach will be Jon Gruden

I could see BB moving upstairs as GM and working with Josh as the HC while developing a front office that will continue on his style of team building.

but I am not in a rush to see it.

I too think Josh can coach. I think he relates well to players. His most recent tour of duty under Belichick is the best thing he could have done to improve his coaching skills.

The question is when Josh is ready to move up, will Belichick be ready to move on?

Tom Coughlin is six years older than Belichick and still coaching. Is it crazy to think Belichick could be the HC New England for another 10 years?

I hadn't really thought much about that, but yes, I could see BB doing this until they force him out. He seems to enjoy it very much, so I don't see a reason why he would give it up.

Back