What Existed When You Were A Kid That No Longer Exists

I have to walk an eighth of a mile to get my mail. It is going to be hard to leave this place, one more parent, love everythng but the politics. lord have mercy. just too much,

cabin by a lake, what i want.

Flocks of birds.

When I was a kid, the trees were filled with birds, and it was normal to see 100s of birds in a flock.

It's taken a long time, but I think we're starting to see the bird population recover from the DDT disaster.

Flocks of birds.

When I was a kid, the trees were filled with birds, and it was normal to see 100s of birds in a flock.

It's taken a long time, but I think we're starting to see the bird population recover from the DDT disaster.
Back when "Silent Spring" was required reading.

Cheers

Saturday morning cartoons with a bowl of Cap'n Crunch
Meeting the boys at the local park to play a pick up game of baseball
Catching fireflies
Playing tag until you heard your mom calling you to come home
Riding bikes forever
Charles Chips delivered to your front door
Full serve gas stations
Flea markets
Walking to school (and going home for lunch)
Covering your textbooks with grocery bags
Calling a radio station to request a song
Trying to stay up until 1:00AM to see if Mr. Bill was going to be on Saturday Night Live
Hockey/baseball in the street (CAR!!!)
Falling in love

Flocks of birds.

come visit me if you want to see flocks of birds. Sparrows, Starlings, Finches not to mention Crows. Also have Cardinals nesting year round and Blue Jays in the winter

Catching fireflies
Riding bikes forever
Full serve gas stations
Flea markets
Trying to stay up until 1:00AM to see if Mr. Bill was going to be on Saturday Night Live
Falling in love
I agree with almost all of your list. There's still many flea markets to be found though, including Brimfield, which is a huge one..

I got gas at a full serve station in Concord NH today. I got out of the car, couldn't work the pump, was baffled until the guy hustled out. He didn't check my oil or anything like I remember, though...

I got gas at a full serve station in Concord NH today. I got out of the car, couldn't work the pump, was baffled until the guy hustled out. He didn't check my oil or anything like I remember, though...

Dammit. I'm in Concord. And I know where that gas station is. :)

Yup. They,d check your oil. They give you air (free) for your tires. They'd wash your windshield.. Plus the previously mentioned free maps.

But you couldn't buy Chips, nuts, soda and beer. Give me back those good old days and keep your chips.

Cheers

Yup. They,d check your oil. They give you air (free) for your tires. They'd wash your windshield.. Plus the previously mentioned free maps.

But you couldn't buy Chips, nuts, soda and beer. Give me back those good old days and keep your chips.

Cheers

Well, if I had known you were here I would have stopped by and this nut comes free of charge. :)

Catching fireflies
Riding bikes forever
Full serve gas stations
Flea markets
Falling in love

~Dee~

Back