What is going on at KFFL?

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you can give us some insight BMU? This was posted by Belisarius (who is an EXCELLENT poster, BTW) on KFFL. http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141597

This poll is public, don't vote if that makes you uncomfortable.

We have no mods.

For a brief period, that can work. Over a long enough period it won't. I'm sure there are details to this and it's complex... but screw that, we gotta go with what we got.

So.

Should we seriously think about jumping ship?

Personally for me KFFL is perfect, other than the fact that it seems Disgusti, Psycho, Fan1k and a VERY few outright trolls can't be banned from THIS forum (IMO they can post elsewhere all the live long day, I just wish they stayed out of Forum 26...).... and the fact that now we are modless.

I would be remiss if I didn't take the opportunity to thank BMU, Foots, and Scud for their work and dedication. In the words of Chris Farley, you guys were awesome. Moreover I strongly hope this is only temporary and that you guys are back tomorrow...

Anyway, I realize this poll may not thrill The Powers That Be. If so that would certainly help me make my decision.... and it might also help them to realize that the board needs mods, and that if trolls are buying KFFL products it'd still be nice if they could be kept out of forum 26... or if not, that people may get frustrated and bail (and hey, this is KFFL's show, if they don't care that's their right as well).

and if it doesn't upset them then it's an important question to start asking.

Above all I'd urge us to take the immortal Chuck D's words to heart....

Quote:
Move as a team, never move alone

If we stay, we should all stay to the extent that's possible. If we jump ship, we should try to transfer as much of this community as possible to one place.

and of course "jumping ship" doesn't mean we have to STOP posting here, it just means that we have a consensus or plurality to start establishing this community elsewhere in tandem to this board.

I'd just like to say to any KFFL regulars that might be lurking here: You are more than welcome here, even if you decide to stay at KFFL or go to Patsfans. We are a little different than both KFFL and Patsfans, but I guarantee you will have a lot of fun here. If there is one thing we need here is more quality Xs and Os posts and that is exactly what you guys on KFFL are great at.

Just a little about us if you are a new lurker:

The main difference with Patriots Planet is you will also get some OT posts in the main forum. Someone else can probably explain this better, but it really adds to the community here, and you get to know your fellow posters better.

We are 100% independent and FAN RUN. There are no other motives here other than having a great Patriots community. We are also part of an independent fan site alliance (F2FA) that brings us quality posters from ALL the other teams, not just a few. Some of them like it here so much, they stick around permanently.

We have 5 moderators, but actual moderation is pretty light. We generally run the board how the members WANT it run. There is some smack talk, but we try to keep it contained so as to not overrun the board.

Anyway, there is a lot more, and I usually don't go out here and promote the board - it speaks for itself. But I wanted to give you guys a brief synopsis of what we are about, and that there are no agendas here.

KFFL and Patsfans are great boards. I have lurked at both for many years (going back to Mouth Off and Rivals).

ok, back to my corner.

Annihilus saw that this morning, and from what he can tell after reading the thread, the Mods wanted to ban disgustipatex because he made some clownish remark about Rodney Harrison's injury (standard operating procedure for him). They were told that they could not ban him (by the powers that be at KFFL one assumes) and either quit en masse, or were relieved of their duties.

For whatever reason - as yet unexplained to us moderators by KFFL admins - a decision has been made to revoke our duties as moderators in the Pats forum and to allow the forum to go unmoderated.

To clear something up. The issues have been ongoing for the better part of a month now and didn't come to a head as a result of this latest disgustipatex thingy. Our moderator functions had been disabled for several weeks prior to this latest incident.

Bobs My Uncle said:
For whatever reason - as yet unexplained to us moderators by KFFL admins - a decision has been made to revoke our duties as moderators in the Pats forum and to allow the forum to go unmoderated.

To clear something up. The issues have been ongoing for the better part of a month now and didn't come to a head as a result of this latest disgustipatex thingy. Our moderator functions had been disabled for several weeks prior to this latest incident.
Well feel free to come by for a visit whenever, and tell townes that Thomas needs his help in the Political forum.

:D
________
Chrysler ecoVoyager specifications

I appreciate the insight from BMU.

I would never lobby for posters to jump ship unless they are truly unhappy with the management. If so, anyone is welcome to sign up here and see how it goes.

I tend to think they will work it out in-house, since they seem (in general) to be pretty set with the successful format they've enjoyed and doubt that we will see mass defections, but losing those guys as mods tells you that something is seriously off-kilter. They are a solid group from what I've seen.

I'd love to know the story behind the story, but won't ask.

If the KFFL braintrust is so foolish as to alienate their moderators and take a chance on wrecking their most (by far) successful forum then you have to wonder what the hell is going on upstairs.

Personally, I hope KFFL rights the ship soon, because the biggest reason I left was that it was too crowded. If we get a big influx from them, I might find myself in a similar situation.

Annihilus said:
Annihilus saw that this morning, and from what he can tell after reading the thread, the Mods wanted to ban disgustipatex because he made some clownish remark about Rodney Harrison's injury (standard operating procedure for him). They were told that they could not ban him (by the powers that be at KFFL one assumes) and either quit en masse, or were relieved of their duties.

Disgustipatex.......there's an a-hole Fin fan from ESPN that I don't miss anymore. Arguing with that dude is like trying to clap with one hand.

I never go to KFFL since it's blocked by my company's content filter (it's considered a gaming site by the filter).

Looking at another board, the story there is that the poster(s) that were to be banned are paying members. The KFFL admins stepped in and prevented them from being banned.

If this is true, I'd be out of there pretty quickly. The idea that being a paying member gives you the right to pollute a board is pretty bad. I can understand why the mods would be upset. It's pretty tough to moderate when your hands are tied by the "for profit" owners.

I go to that board all the time, and while I agree that the board needs mods there, I am glad that foots is no longer a mod. If there ever was a person that trolls their own MB, he's the one. He kinda has the same mentality as disgusti, but he has the powers to ban someone if they disagree with them, and he's actually done that.

Flagg Wanderer said:
Personally, I hope KFFL rights the ship soon, because the biggest reason I left was that it was too crowded. If we get a big influx from them, I might find myself in a similar situation.

I would not worry about that too much. Most that have moved or will move will go to Patsfans as they are closer to the same format as KFFL.

But it would not hurt us to get a few of the quality posters from KFFL. Some of them would fit right in.

Undertaker #59 said:
I would not worry about that too much. Most that have moved or will move will go to Patsfans as they are closer to the same format as KFFL.

But it would not hurt us to get a few of the quality posters from KFFL. Some of them would fit right in.
Let's get Belisaurius!

Flagg Wanderer said:
Let's get Belisaurius!

I'll see your Belisaurius and raise you a Patsfanken.

Those two guys are their best, IMO and are able to think ahead of the curve.

Hawg73 said:
I'll see your Belisaurius and raise you a Patsfanken.

Those two guys are their best, IMO and are able to think ahead of the curve.
I tried to get MarksBrother over here, but it didn't take. He's my favorite poster over there - really knows his stuff.

May I submit my two cents worth? When I first discovered the existence of Patriot Fan message boards, I was on Pats.com. I heard about KFFL and went over there and checked it out. I never posted there, as I found it too intimidating. IMO, if you didn't post about the X's and O's, then you were scoffed at. Fine. Different strokes for different folks. Then some of the posters on KFFL had the audacity to refer to we fans at Pats.com, as the "kiddy-pool". At the time, I posted daily & quite prolificly, so I KNOW that I was one of the posters that slight was directed at. God forbid if we didn't discuss things in terms of X's & O's and worse yet if we talked about OFF TOPIC subjects! Yikes! :eek: :eek:
Well, then even Pats.com became more and more draconian, so it was kind of a natural progression that the nucleus of the "kiddy pool", (Myself, Pookie, Hawg, DropKickMurphy, IGIG, Bideau, NoRespect, JoePhoto, Ballbustah, etc...), followed Alice's lead and gravitated to this new forum, which in essence, was developed by our wants & desires... That is, we wanted to have fun and talk about ANYTHING under the sun, if we felt like it. We had become a community of cyber-friends and as long as people treated each other with respect, pretty much anything goes and did... I think that this relatively unique format was perceived by lurkers & new members as friendly & non-intimidating...
Having said all of that, I WELCOME ANY & ALL fellow Pats fans and fans of the game of football here! Let's just keep in mind, that it isn't all just about the X's and O's and that there is a human side to the game of football and to the people behind the posters.
In conclusion, I would strongly concur with Flagg, in that I love the fact that I "know" most of the posters here and I believe that this sense of community is one of our greatest strengths and attributes and I hope that it never gets lost in the shuffle, as the Planet continues to grow.
Thanks for taking the time to read my rather "pegesque" in length, post here.

Here is my take on the situation...

I remember I first started posting on a message board at newenglandpatriots.com right after the Giants preseason game in 03' The format was awful, so I stopped posting. Luckily I found this website..I don't know how, but I did. And I loved it here. It was easy because it's a pro Patriots community, and the people here can/will talk about anything on the mind.

When I first went to KFFL I was clueless. I knew alot less then I know now about the game. The whole board was anti Patriot, to say the least. Believe me people. If you so much talk about the Patriots on their general forum, expect death threats, never ending bashing, etc. I did not know about this situation with Disgusti untill last night.

What happpened was he made a comment saying he hoped Harrison was done for good. And I guess they never banned him from there. But see, it's alot more than just that. He LIVES in that forum. Moreso than he posts in the Dolphins forum and is constantly starting trouble with everyone. The fact they wont let us have our mods and wont bann him is pure stupidity on their part. I love KFFL, but it's getting out of hand there.

I started posting at patsfans.com in 2002, then migrated to kffl after the second or third time patsfans reset their format. I still post there from time to time too, but for the longest time they had a format that made it difficult to see new posts. So, kffl became my main board.

The lack of troll-banning never really bothered me. It actually used to be a lot worse in the old patsfans days; there was a poster there (can't remember his screen name right now, but he ran a Jets board) who was MUCH worse than disgusti. In disgusti's particular case I just "ignored" him; that was fine; it was actually amusing to read his posts quoted in the angry responses of my fellow "good" posters.

Anyway, I am probably going to stay at kffl unless there is a mass exodus of the old-timers, but I thought I'd just say hi here.

Flagg Wanderer said:
I tried to get MarksBrother over here, but it didn't take. He's my favorite poster over there - really knows his stuff.

Awww shucks...;)

I'm sorry for the lack of participation but there just wasn't that much going on over here back when joined.... and then I just kind of forgot...:eek:

My posting at KFFL has taken a downturn of late though and part of the reason has to do with some of the new and fairly prolific members... The place used to be an intelligent site with great conversations, but recently the divisional rivalry flame threads seem to have taken precedence. Still a huge amount of great posters over there but they tend to get drowned out by the drivel... The best conversations I've had of late have been with Beli via PM, and with a 3000 character limit, that gets frustrating...

Start a good, meaty football topic and I'll join in...:)

MarksBrother said:
Awww shucks...;)

I'm sorry for the lack of participation but there just wasn't that much going on over here back when joined.... and then I just kind of forgot...:eek:

My posting at KFFL has taken a downturn of late though and part of the reason has to do with some of the new and fairly prolific members... The place used to be an intelligent site with great conversations, but recently the divisional rivalry flame threads seem to have taken precedence. Still a huge amount of great posters over there but they tend to get drowned out by the drivel... The best conversations I've had of late have been with Beli via PM, and with a 3000 character limit, that gets frustrating...

Start a good, meaty football topic and I'll join in...:)

Cool !!! I was about to post the following here and I noticed your post.

========================
I have been registered here for a while, but was active only on KFFL. That is because I enjoy interacting with fans of all teams. Not just the Patriots.

I feel that it sometimes provides the proper perspective and invariably educational.

So, here I am .... now, if only we can get MarksBrother :thumb: , Raid etc over here

At KFFL I go by Belisarius. Let's try to keep all the ex-KFFLers together. We are meeting up at Patsfans.com

This site will serve as a backup site... in case something happens over there.

Back