What job skills do you bring to post-apocalyptic survival?

I would like to volunteer to help re-populate. :hump:

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

damn it!!!!!
You can have sloppy seconds. :shrug:

Given the years I worked doing landscaping I can carve a turkey with a gas powered weed wacker I think I can do it on zombies and I could rebuild the carb if it wouldnt start. We had some that had jagged blades and could go threw 1/2 inch branches pretty easy. And pretty handy with chainsaws, shovels, hoes

You guys have a nice young squad and appear to be headed in the right direction. I'm a draft geek and Telvin Smith was a binky of mine a few years back. Looks like he's a great fit for you. Would love to see you come out of the south. Only makes the game better.

Should you remain inclined to suck up to the Jags ROFL , No.1Jag has taken the trouble to craft the perfect venue for such foolishness:

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=68158

he desperately needs clicks, btw.

And :Lwelcome:

Cheers, BostonTim

Given the years I worked doing landscaping I can carve a turkey with a gas powered weed wacker I think I can do it on zombies and I could rebuild the carb if it wouldnt start. We had some that had jagged blades and could go threw 1/2 inch branches pretty easy. And pretty handy with chainsaws, shovels, hoes
never been with a hoe, everyone was pure

Ballistae, Onager, or Trebuchet?

tongue suppressor

IMG_2232.jpg

trebuchet

this actually is the design style used

Mang2.png

:facepalm:

That's an Onager.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1BPa_nOiK4A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is a Trebuchet

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qC6RJxFEMfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:poke:

Actually, to get technical for a moment, the difference between the three is that the Ballistae use a torsion spring for the force, the Onager uses a linear spring/fulcrum and the Trebuchet uses a counterweight/fulcrum.

Of the three the Trebuchet is by far the most powerful, since one can use a longer lever arm, plus rope/cable, and the counterweight limit is defined by the strength of the main spar.

Should the apocalypse occur, I'd be quite willing to consult on your designs, for the right payment of course. :coffee:

... for the right payment of course. :coffee:

I've heard that come the apocalypse, my millions in currency from the Confederate States of America will reassume their rightful place in the international monetary markets.

Can I pay you thusly?

Cheers, BostonTim

Actually, to get technical for a moment, the difference between the three is that the Ballistae use a torsion spring for the force, the Onager uses a linear spring/fulcrum and the Trebuchet uses a counterweight/fulcrum.

Of the three the Trebuchet is by far the most powerful, since one can use a longer lever arm, plus rope/cable, and the counterweight limit is defined by the strength of the main spar.

Should the apocalypse occur, I'd be quite willing to consult on your designs, for the right payment of course. :coffee:
i will keep a hidden supply of Lagavulin.

I should build one to toss pumpkins this fall

i will keep a hidden supply of Lagavulin.

I should build one to toss pumpkins this fall

Use pumpkins the size of heads to test it. Nothing will stop a band of thieves from attacking than having a few human heads launched at them with a note that says, "I need more heads, please continue."

Use pumpkins the size of heads to test it. Nothing will stop a band of thieves from attacking than having a few human heads launched at them with a note that says, "I need more heads, please continue."
I am thinking to build one with kids and launch gourds into the pond from the dock.

Last ones were built with special needs students as a project. They were pretty freaking proud.

Back