What job skills do you bring to post-apocalyptic survival?

Since according to this thread the post-apocalyptic world will be filled with men, I'm all set.

:coffee:

LoL Holy Shit No!

I consider women generally smarter. Along with being more compassionate and forward thinking. I would try and befriend as many as I could in my group. Look at what happens when it's only men. Nothing but disaster lol.

Im very objective or at least try to be.

And again I'm speaking in general here. And some fact when you consider it's a man's world and how backwards the world actually is.

LoL Holy Shit No!

I consider women generally smarter. Along with being more compassionate and forward thinking. I would try and befriend as many as I could in my group. Look at what happens when it's only men. Nothing but disaster lol.

Im very objective or at least try to be.

And again I'm speaking in general here. And some fact when you consider it's a man's world and how backwards the world actually is.

And if women were in charge, there'd be no more war. Ask Indira, Golda, and Margaret.

PS: You get no where sucking up to Lisa. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

And if women were in charge, there'd be no more war. Ask Indira, Golda, and Margaret.

Cheers, BostonTim

Seriously, I would sit back and let the men hunt, fish, build, collect, create. I would rule all of you.

And you would love it.

ROFL

Cheers, BostonTim

No sucking up at all. Could care less to be honest

Im not naive to think anything like the above statement. Take prison for example. Both are bad but there's a ton less violence in women's prison. There's still drugs, gangs and weapons, but women's prisons are always more relaxed.

Again I'm speaking in general.

Well since one of the things I routinely do at work is to be a Project Manager and get some "unique" individuals to work together ( i.e., I "herd cats"), I think that could come in handy.

Any SOB/DOB mean, nasty, and tough enough to survive will have a few personality "quirks".

Being able to ensure they avoid killing each other would be a plus.

Currently telecom, which would go to hell in a hand basket right quick.

But before that 15 yrs electrician. The grid as we know it would be gone, but all these satellite outposts of solar would enable me and any surviving comrades of the electron to be virtual demi-gods. Owners of the best properties, the finest womans, and the choicest foods.

Pray for the apocalypse.

Currently telecom, which would go to hell in a hand basket right quick.

But before that 15 yrs electrician. The grid as we know it would be gone, but all these satellite outposts of solar would enable me and any surviving comrades of the electron to be virtual demi-gods. Owners of the best properties, the finest womans, and the choicest foods.

Pray for the apocalypse.

Dwight and I worked together back before the grid went down, but I feel like I have some qualifications to be a survivor.

For one thing I am experienced at wilderness camping and have a bad-ass water filtration system, so I'd generally have a couple of liters of clean water on me.

I can make fires with any kind of wood and could probably cook a squirrel if I had to.

So, I've got food, water and warmth covered nicely.

One applicable skill work taught me is a deep mistrust of my fellow man, so that would also be a plus.

"Hey, can we borrow your water filter? We'll bring it right back. Lisa is thirsty."

Keep walking, Pilgrim.

Dwight and I worked together back before the grid went down, but I feel like I have some qualifications to be a survivor.

For one thing I am experienced at wilderness camping and have a bad-ass water filtration system, so I'd generally have a couple of liters of clean water on me.

I can make fires with any kind of wood and could probably cook a squirrel if I had to.

So, I've got food, water and warmth covered nicely.

One applicable skill work taught me is a deep mistrust of my fellow man, so that would also be a plus.

"Hey, can we borrow your water filter? We'll bring it right back. Lisa is thirsty."

Keep walking, Pilgrim.

And you have now gone to the top of the list. Garnering favor with the queen is admirable in the post-apocalypse era.

Failed to mention 6 yrs of military duty. Familiar with operating tanks and field artillery, as well as all forms of small arms fire: 50 cal, M60, M16, LAW rocket, M203, grenades, Claymore mines.

Also familiar with masonry.

A voracious survival type show watcher going back to Survivor 1 to Bear Grylls to Survivorman and now with Ultimate Alaska and especially Alone I am confident I've garnered enough info to make it.

The only real thing I'd need is a good resource of what vegetation is available and edible in the chosen locale.

Failed to mention 6 yrs of military duty. Familiar with operating tanks and field artillery, as well as all forms of small arms fire: 50 cal, M60, M16, LAW rocket, M203, grenades, Claymore mines.

Also familiar with masonry.

A voracious survival type show watcher going back to Survivor 1 to Bear Grylls to Survivorman and now with Ultimate Alaska and especially Alone I am confident I've garnered enough info to make it.

The only real thing I'd need is a good resource of what vegetation is available and edible in the chosen locale.

Tanks......as if..... can you huck rocks?

I have this really solid spatula with a knife edge and a bottle opener. I've often thought it would be an effective zombie killing tool.

We are dealing with zombies, aren't we? If so, I'd probably want to wash that
Bad Larry off before flipping any grilled squirrel.

And you have now gone to the top of the list. Garnering favor with the queen is admirable in the post-apocalypse era.

I think you missed my point.

I told your minions to hit the trail. You want water bad enough you can come to me. :)

I do think you could do rather well taking over with ordinary humans, though. I'd just be a different breed of cat when shit gets real.

I can picture you looking something like this:

I'd picture Lisa more like this:

1336826-bigthumbnail.jpg

I think mikemo would be the happiest . He be on permanent camping trip. So fires & fishing.

I've been cooking over a campfire since the age of 12 (Thanks to the Boy Scouts of America) I'm also quite proficient with a baseball bat. You can run out of ammo, but you never need to reload a Louisville Slugger

I've been cooking over a campfire since the age of 12 (Thanks to the Boy Scouts of America) I'm also quite proficient with a baseball bat. You can run out of ammo, but you never need to reload a Louisville Slugger
I have a collection of old swords & daggers my Dad . When he was in the military. I have a portable stove that runs on small propane . So I will be good for a while . I do know how to start a fire with leaves & twigs to cook on afterwards . If I really need a long range weapon & short. I was good at the hammer throw in HS .

Back