What job skills do you bring to post-apocalyptic survival?

Warrior Princess Lisa :shoot:

I could ferment berries and such and construct a pub hut ;-)

Now you're talking.

Some historians say that the invention of whiskey was why people decided to stick around in one spot and build towns and so forth. You would be an instant power broker.

Sign me up. People would write songs about you.

When you're covered with mud and smell like a goat
So hungry you wish you were dead
You head to the Pub Hut and pull up a stump
And drink Beagle-ber-ry Red

:toast:

My "skill" is I know someone who COULD do all that important survival stuff. I can ride coattails. :D

I have a collection of old swords & daggers my Dad . When he was in the military. I have a portable stove that runs on small propane . So I will be good for a while . I do know how to start a fire with leaves & twigs to cook on afterwards . If I really need a long range weapon & short. I was good at the hammer throw in HS .

I have a pair of USN Cutlasses that are pre-Civil War vintage.

Back in the '60's, there was some work being done in a US army base in Virginia and they broke through into a subbasement and found crates of nacal stores.

Prior to the Civil war, this base was a Navy base and it was taken over by the Army after the war.

My dad was in the active reserves at the time, and an Admiral friend of his hear about the discovery and impounded it as "US Navy Property"

My dad got two cutlasses that look very much like the 1917 version.

m1917-naval-cutlass-2-full-length.jpg

This is what you can do with one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L0cP6_SAAAQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can drive almost anything. can repair a lot of things (sometimes not with the designed repair part). I completely agree that keeping the group small is of utmost importance. I see I am not the only reader of the Zombie Survival Guide.

Most of my career inspired "survival skills" would entail donning a gas mask and suit, administering first aid, CPR, and living off of MRE's (yuck). I use to have to do weapons qualifications every year when I was on active duty but as a civilian, it is not a requirement.

I'd have to turn to my knowledge of hunting, fishing, shooting, camping and building shelters to survive an apocalypse. I think the winters up here would truly suck during an apocalypse.

I can navigate seas of assholes...not sure how that would work with starving cannibals, though

I'm good at panicking and blowing things out of proportion. I completed The Last of Us and watched Shaun of the Dead.

I don't drive, have never fired a gun, am not a fighter, farmer or fisherman.

It sounds like you would truly be useless, but I'm thinking every action movie needs a hyper-intelligent, fatalistic, wise-cracking brit and why should the actual apocalypse be any different?

I would want you on Team Hawg just to have somebody present who will be able to say "bring out your dead!" with the proper gravitas.

Meet me at the Pub Hut to discuss your role and to accept my apology for the Revolutionary War. Not that any of that matters anymore.

:coffee:

I fix things, build things, and shoot things, I feel pretty good about my options :coffee:

Piggy you might be the first was giving to the zombie.

might?

I can get any kind of propane/natural gas appliance working. Would be able to extract propane from all the tanks left on lands of people eaten. So I can help keep us warm and keep us cooking.

might?

I can get any kind of propane/natural gas appliance working. Would be able to extract propane from all the tanks left on lands of people eaten. So I can help keep us warm and keep us cooking.

You guys have a nice young squad and appear to be headed in the right direction. I'm a draft geek and Telvin Smith was a binky of mine a few years back. Looks like he's a great fit for you. Would love to see you come out of the south. Only makes the game better.

Back