What teams do you think will be relevant in 2020?

Giant Octopodes

Reaction score
Sean Peyton's comments that there are normally only 10-11 relevant teams in football any given year have garnered a lot of discussion, and I think most of us would agree with that sentiment. It's true that more are in the playoffs, and even more contend for a playoff spot, and any team which makes the playoffs can get hot and win a few games in a row to compete in and possibly win a Super Bowl.

That being said, there are typically fewer than a dozen teams in the NFL in a given year where by week 8 you look at them and think they are definitely making the playoffs, whether as a wild card or division winner. I do think you only really know what teams are relevant once the season gets underway and you start accumulating game film, but that shouldn't stop us from speculating.

Who's on your radar? What's your short list of teams to watch and watch out for? Which games have you circled on the schedule? I'd love to know your thoughts!

Baltimore
KC
SF
GB
NO
TB
Dallas
Seattle

Someone will win the AFCE, but I don’t think they’re a threat.

Same with AFCS.

The Patriots.
Then all those teams DS mentioned although I'd have put KC at the top of his list and TBay a bit higher. I think the SB will be those 2 teams this year.

Baltimore
KC
SF
GB
NO
TB
Dallas
Seattle

Someone will win the AFCE, but I don’t think they’re a threat.

Same with AFCS.

The bills are an odd team, they have a great defense, but they have a QB that can be inconsistent. So basically the pats this year. I guess it will come down to who has the better run game.

Every team, while we watch them play Madden games against each other.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Every team, while we watch them play Madden games against each other.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Most likely...yup.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Fantasy football...new version

I think the Steelers might have a good season.

The Colts might be a sleeper if Rivers really clicks. They have some good players there.

I can see Chicago and Detroit being woeful again, Patricia will be gone.

I just wonder will the Rams bounce back?

And what about the Eagles? There seems to be a lot of favourable talk about them.

Sean Peyton's comments that there are normally only 10-11 relevant teams in football any given year have garnered a lot of discussion, and I think most of us would agree with that sentiment. It's true that more are in the playoffs, and even more contend for a playoff spot, and any team which makes the playoffs can get hot and win a few games in a row to compete in and possibly win a Super Bowl.

That being said, there are typically fewer than a dozen teams in the NFL in a given year where by week 8 you look at them and think they are definitely making the playoffs, whether as a wild card or division winner. I do think you only really know what teams are relevant once the season gets underway and you start accumulating game film, but that shouldn't stop us from speculating.

Who's on your radar? What's your short list of teams to watch and watch out for? Which games have you circled on the schedule? I'd love to know your thoughts!

I reckon that the word "relevant" is just a different way to say "competitive".

I'd say that Baltimore had a really solid draft to get Queen, Madubuike and Malik Harrison to give the middle of the D a jolt and JK Dobbins and Duvernay on offense. I believe Dobbins is going to be a major problem before long and he's way better than the draft gurus gave him credit for.

You can definitely see how they are selecting guys for their own different system. They are presenting an offense that, if it develops to it's potential, might be primed for the greatest offensive season in NFL history, which might be "relevant".

If they can replace Yanda effectively on the OL, then they should be able to go over, around or through any D pretty much any time they want.

I reckon that the word "relevant" is just a different way to say "competitive".

I'd say that Baltimore had a really solid draft to get Queen, Madubuike and Malik Harrison to give the middle of the D a jolt and JK Dobbins and Duvernay on offense. I believe Dobbins is going to be a major problem before long and he's way better than the draft gurus gave him credit for.

You can definitely see how they are selecting guys for their own different system. They are presenting an offense that, if it develops to it's potential, might be primed for the greatest offensive season in NFL history, which might be "relevant".

If they can replace Yanda effectively on the OL, then they should be able to go over, around or through any D pretty much any time they want.

Agree Hawg.

No team in recent memory is poised to handle success and sustained excellence worse than KC.

Baltimore on the other hand is rising. Solid D adds up the middle. An EXCELLENT back to add to their superior run game. Duvernay to add some explosion. They are set for long term success imo.

Yeah, I think private, Baltimore must be giving Andy Reid some sleepless nights.

The Patriots.
Then all those teams DS mentioned although I'd have put KC at the top of his list and TBay a bit higher. I think the SB will be those 2 teams this year.

Yes. The Patriots. Win, lose or draw, they still may accrue the most hits of anyone. No matter what happens the media-holes will be waiting with baited breath to disparage it.

Cheers

Yes. The Patriots. Win, lose or draw, they still may accrue the most hits of anyone. No matter what happens the media-holes will be waiting with baited breath to disparage it.

Cheers

Every Pick that stidham throws, the story will be, see they should have signed Cam.

And if he ever has to recover his own fumble the story will be glad we didn't sign Cam.

Doubt it. lol. The way the media pumped Cam and Dalton you would have thought Joe Montana and Johnny Unitas were sitting out there.

Doubt it. lol. The way the media pumped Cam and Dalton you would have thought Joe Montana and Johnny Unitas were sitting out there.

I have never seen someone so obsessed as you about what the media thinks about the Patriots. It’s literally unhealthy.
Psychiatrists will tell you that the number 1 stressor of teenagers these days is not college or what they’ll do when they leave school, but social media.
Just stop listening. Life is so much better not listening to buffoons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have never seen someone so obsessed as you about what the media thinks about the Patriots. It’s literally unhealthy.
Psychiatrists will tell you that the number 1 stressor of teenagers these days is not college or what they’ll do when they leave school, but social media.
Just stop listening. Life is so much better not listening to buffoons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dude...I get your message on this...you have said it 50+ times. I get it, stop replying to it when I say someone in the media said something. Others do it on here, let it go, I get it. I'm not a teenager. Im going to be ok. I was just making a comment about what they were saying about two QB's. I literally see someone post a comment by a media member daily on here.

Back