What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

Watching The Last of Us...again. I talked the wife into watching it and she loves it too. I don't know why but the Bill and Frank episode really got me both times that I watched it.

The last series I binged was NF's The Gentlemen and yes, it was worth it. I was thoroughly entertained.

The story, without major spoilers, revolves around the outstanding Theo James (Eddie) who is forced to leave his British
military captaincy to return to his aristocratic family's manor due to his Father's failing health.

This leads him to meet his brilliant co-star Kaya Scodelario (Susie) who Eddie discovers, to his surprise, had an illegal business
arrangement with the Father to help keep the manor going. The two of them form a platonic (yet smouldering) partnership born
of necessity and soon become entangled with a number of evil, greedy criminals all vying for a bigger slice of the illegal drug
trade. Most of these colorful thugs are just way, way out there and hilariously portrayed.

The show is fast-paced and cleverly written. Very snappy dialogue. My pitch for it would be that this series is stylistically a sort of Downton
Abbey meets The Krays. It set it's hooks in me fast and I really looked forward to each episode. The settings, intelligence, humor, and slick style of it
was top-notch and I recommend it highly

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good as well.

Just finished "Fool Me Once" on NF. Very nice ending with a twist I didn't see coming.

Watching 3 body problem now.

Oh and if they don't eventually say it, the planet in the game is in the Alpha Centari system. That's a trinary system and its ~ 4 light years away. They mentioned that distance at one point.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good as well.

Just finished "Fool Me Once" on NF. Very nice ending with a twist I didn't see coming.

Watching 3 body problem now.

Oh and if they don't eventually say it, the planet in the game is in the Alpha Centari system. That's a trinary system and its ~ 4 light years away. They mentioned that distance at one point.
Stuff you like. I'll have to borrow a brain when I watch them. :rofl:

Chars, BostonTim

Ripley -- an 8 episode offering on Netflix

a re-treatment of The Talented Mr. Ripley movie presented film noir-style -- a wonderful ride for your intelligent inner criminal mind :insane:

it's so dark, I think Bob Kraft had a hand in producing it :)

Ripley -- an 8 episode offering on Netflix

a re-treatment of The Talented Mr. Ripley movie presented film noir-style -- a wonderful ride for your intelligent inner criminal mind :insane:

it's so dark, I think Bob Kraft had a hand in producing it :)
Came here to post this! I loved it, slow moving and dark. Great stuff.

Into season 2 of The Crown, wasn't sure If I would like it or not but I have to admit that looking at the history of Queen Elizabeth she was a lot more interesting of a person that I would have thought.

Just started 3 body problem. For me ‘binge’ is one or two episodes a night. I also tend to delay starting a new series as i can lack the patience ro get thru the initial setup phase

appreciate the inputs here on what people have enjoyed

Finally. My Annie and her sig other Mark gifted us with access to Hulu, Disney+, and Peacock and wouldn't let us contribute to cost so, on,peacock we've just started Yellowstone. Favorite early on scene, Beth beats the shit out of her asshole brother. :rofl: 🤣

I finished Fallout the other night. Once again, I never played any of the games but it was a really fun show. Can't wait until the next season.

Finally. My Annie and her sig other Mark gifted us with access to Hulu, Disney+, and Peacock and wouldn't let us contribute to cost so, on,peacock we've just started Yellowstone. Favorite early on scene, Beth beats the shit out of her asshole brother. :rofl: 🤣
Finished. Very good, though writing seemed to weaken as it went. Not unusual. beautiful scenery, excellent photography., And as it turns out, Beth beats the shit out of pretty much everyone. :coffee:

Cheers

Back