What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

I didn't know it was that long. Cutting MAX today.

Plus, Pedro Pascal is in the new Fantastic Four lineup (playing Reed Richards) and that'll be a very big deal for
Marvel to try to reboot the fading MCU. I don't know how he can do two high-profile franchise shows like
those at the same time.
Good point. I like PP he is great in The Mandalorian series as well. I hate for TLOU to be dropped

The series I liked the most on HBO recently was The Last of Us, I didn't feel any letdown at all, except that it will be 2 years before there is a season 2.
I can't believe that it took me so long to watch it but I started The Last of Us this weekend and blasted through the whole thing. What a great show. I'm a gamer but I have never played the games. I started the first one and I just don't like the slow moving games like that where you have to sneak around. But this might convince me to go back and try them out again.

Had watched season 1 of The Bear and took a break between seasons. Picked it back up recently and season 2 is really starting to hum at an incredible level right now.

Had watched season 1 of The Bear and took a break between seasons. Picked it back up recently and season 2 is really starting to hum at an incredible level right now.

I often recommend The Bear to friends, but I warn them that Season 2 is a pretty slow burn. There is a lot of flashback/back story stuff and the family stuff
with the crazy Mother at Christmas, in particular, started to really grind me down.

Having said that, I thought the last few episodes were some of the best TV I've seen, maybe ever. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but advise
folks willing to try it to have some patience to the payoff. My pulse was actually racing and I was riveted as they finally got down to business with getting
the new joint open and all the storylines started really, well, humming is a great way to describe it.

So many outstanding characters and performances, but the redemption of Richie was, for me, one of the better ones.

I have a friend who opened a local restaurant a few years ago and while she is super creative and is doing really well (she bought a defunct hellhole and
turned it into a really unique, successful place) I knew she would seriously relate to the stuff that Carmy had to go through. She really liked the first season but couldn't
get past the beginning of S2 and quit watching. I told her she just had to go back and power through it to get to the gold.

Well, she binged through it in two nights and called to thank me. Yup, she loved it and it inspired her to change a few things up at her place.

Great show.

I often recommend The Bear to friends, but I warn them that Season 2 is a pretty slow burn. There is a lot of flashback/back story stuff and the family stuff
with the crazy Mother at Christmas, in particular, started to really grind me down.

Having said that, I thought the last few episodes were some of the best TV I've seen, maybe ever. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but advise
folks willing to try it to have some patience to the payoff. My pulse was actually racing and I was riveted as they finally got down to business with getting
the new joint open and all the storylines started really, well, humming is a great way to describe it.

So many outstanding characters and performances, but the redemption of Richie was, for me, one of the better ones.

I have a friend who opened a local restaurant a few years ago and while she is super creative and is doing really well (she bought a defunct hellhole and
turned it into a really unique, successful place) I knew she would seriously relate to the stuff that Carmy had to go through. She really liked the first season but couldn't
get past the beginning of S2 and quit watching. I told her she just had to go back and power through it to get to the gold.

Well, she binged through it in two nights and called to thank me. Yup, she loved it and it inspired her to change a few things up at her place.

Great show.
Wrapped up season two last night and couldn't agree more. We definitely "needed a break" at the point we took one.

One caution sign I would throw up is that this show is full of anxiety and you definitely feel it throughout the ride. I am curious how they will proceed into season 3 or beyond.

I can't believe that it took me so long to watch it but I started The Last of Us this weekend and blasted through the whole thing. What a great show. I'm a gamer but I have never played the games. I started the first one and I just don't like the slow moving games like that where you have to sneak around. But this might convince me to go back and try them out again.
Games are great. I almost mastered Pong. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

Recently wrapped up two excellent binges:

The Hollow Crown ( super adaptations of Shakespeare's brilliant War of the Roses" histories - Richard II. Henry IV part 1, Henry IV part 2 and Henry 5. I will get back to Season 2 (henry VI, Part 1, Part 2, Richard III) in a bit., and

The Brilliant seven season Masterpiece, Rumpole of the Bailey. The Great Leo McKern at his finest with John Mortimer's super legal stories laced with constant humor Must be ten years since I watched this. What's wrong with me?

Cheers, BostonTim

Just wrapped up all 5 seasons of Outlander which we thoroughly enjoyed then come to find out there is a season 6 and also a season 7 in the works except it's not available on Netflix yet. Looking forward to season 6 hopefully in May and in the meantime, we are looking at the series The 100, has anyone watched it and is it worth our time?

Games are great. I almost mastered Pong. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim
Pong started it all. Great game.

Back in the day I liked a girl I worked with and wanted to impress her. I knew she loved Ms. Pacman, which was huge at the time, and was quite
good at it, so I bought a book on how to beat the game and studied up. Anyhow, I eventually challenged her at the local bar and when I beat her
she was shocked. I felt guilty, which took about two beers, and told the truth. My scheme flopped because she felt betrayed or something. It was game
over.

It is said that there are one thousand mistakes you make in love and I believe that was my number 363. And I'm still at it.

Just wrapped up all 5 seasons of Outlander which we thoroughly enjoyed then come to find out there is a season 6 and also a season 7 in the works except it's not available on Netflix yet. Looking forward to season 6 hopefully in May and in the meantime, we are looking at the series The 100, has anyone watched it and is it worth our time?
I think we made it through 4 seasons of Outlander before tapping out (primarily for the reason future seasons were not on Netflix yet). Season 1 is just jaw-droppingly brutal but I felt the show started to lose my attention a bit as the characters progressed. Let me know if you think it's worth picking it back up for seasons 5 and 6.

I think we made it through 4 seasons of Outlander before tapping out (primarily for the reason future seasons were not on Netflix yet). Season 1 is just jaw-droppingly brutal but I felt the show started to lose my attention a bit as the characters progressed. Let me know if you think it's worth picking it back up for seasons 5 and 6.
Season 5 is pretty good and it is also a bit brutal (as is most of the series), season 6 I believe is when we see the beginning of unresst prior to the revolutionary war so we're stoked to see how that goes down. The character portrayals are pretty good too.

Been winding slowly back through Morse for close to a year I think, and I'm about to watch the final episode, That Remorseful Day, where he wraps the series with his fatal heart attack.
Great series great stories, but as ever I am taken by Morse's ongoing constant failures at romance, episode after episode he hits gently and unsuccessfully on any woman near him, from 18 and drop dead gorgeous to 45 and met in the pub at closing time. Lori called him a slut and I added he's probably the most unsuccessful slut ever.

But Morse is always worth it.

Cheers, :toast:

For those that have watched the Vikings series of shows they are releasing season 3 of Vikings: Valhalla sometime this year, looking forward to seeing how this thing ends.

First 4 episodes of 3 Body Problem on Netflix last night. I highly recommend. Based on the novel by Liu Cixin. Not your typical alien invasion show.

The last series I binged was NF's The Gentlemen and yes, it was worth it. I was thoroughly entertained.

The story, without major spoilers, revolves around the outstanding Theo James (Eddie) who is forced to leave his British
military captaincy to return to his aristocratic family's manor due to his Father's failing health.

This leads him to meet his brilliant co-star Kaya Scodelario (Susie) who Eddie discovers, to his surprise, had an illegal business
arrangement with the Father to help keep the manor going. The two of them form a platonic (yet smouldering) partnership born
of necessity and soon become entangled with a number of evil, greedy criminals all vying for a bigger slice of the illegal drug
trade. Most of these colorful thugs are just way, way out there and hilariously portrayed.

The show is fast-paced and cleverly written. Very snappy dialogue. My pitch for it would be that this series is stylistically a sort of Downton
Abbey meets The Krays. It set it's hooks in me fast and I really looked forward to each episode. The settings, intelligence, humor, and slick style of it
was top-notch and I recommend it highly

Last edited:
Smithsonian channel: Apollo Moon Shot - 6 episodes Follow the launces from Kennedy's resolution onward/ Just Fabulous. Triumphs, disaster, Scary moments, phenomenal stuff.

Great for those of us who lived it,

Highly educational and hopefully inspiring to those who came after.

Cheers

First 4 episodes of 3 Body Problem on Netflix last night. I highly recommend. Based on the novel by Liu Cixin. Not your typical alien invasion show.
We finished it this week. One of the best shows I've seen since peak GoT. Well worth the investment to watch. A+

We finished it this week. One of the best shows I've seen since peak GoT. Well worth the investment to watch. A+

Very creative show. The bit about the Sophons sort of reflected the influence of AI and digital culture on our world. In
a very dark way.. Big Brother is listening only this time it's going to cost humankind their existence. Or might. I'm
hoping Will's brain will somehow get back in the fight with the help of Jin.

I gave it an A, but I hate waiting for the next phase.

So many top-notch elements to the writing, performances and story. Really strong stuff.

Back