What will you do if you win the Powerball?

I'd quit my job and spend the next year or two inventing something that all of you would want and/or need.

Then, I'd appear incognito on Shark Tank, show my wicked awesome invention, and tell Mark Cuban et al to "Go Fund Themselves" no matter what they offer me. :toast:

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

I just saw a piece on the news where they were calculating how much you'd get after the parasites and leeches got done raping your winnings and it was something like $530-$560 million.

Yes, that's still a tremendous life changing amount of money, but losing OVER HALF of your winnings to fees and taxes is so far beyond b*llshit, I don't even think there's a word for it. It's just beyond deplorable and disgusting.

I can think of one word ... "Congress." :coffee:

I just saw a piece on the news where they were calculating how much you'd get after the parasites and leeches got done raping your winnings and it was something like $530-$560 million.

Yes, that's still a tremendous life changing amount of money, but losing OVER HALF of your winnings to fees and taxes is so far beyond b*llshit, I don't even think there's a word for it. It's just beyond deplorable and disgusting.

I heard you then get hit again next April with a huge tax. The horror of making only 400 million in your account!!

:D

Yeah Uncle Sam it first relative with his hand out...

I heard you then get hit again next April with a huge tax. The horror of making only 400 million in your account!!

:D

Yeah Uncle Sam it first relative with his hand out...

$400 Million is absolutely life changing, many times over. But when you realize you've lost nearly $900 Million of your winnings in the process..... man, that's just unbearable to think about and total bullsh*t. I literally want to throw up in my mouth thinking about it. :shoot:

I am not ashamed even a little bit to admit that I would be pissed, pissing and moaning, and completely enraged when they handed me my check for $400 million. Sounds silly, but when you realize you've been robbed, raped, and had a majority of your winnings stolen from you six ways from Sunday.... it's suddenly not quite so silly. I'm not gonna pretend like I'm ok with losing over half of my winnings (in the event that I ever won).

$400 Million is absolutely life changing, many times over. But when you realize you've lost nearly $900 Million of your winnings in the process..... man, that's just unbearable to think about and total bullsh*t. I literally want to throw up in my mouth thinking about it. :shoot:

I am not ashamed even a little bit to admit that I would be pissed, pissing and moaning, and completely enraged when they handed me my check for $400 million. Sounds silly, but when you realize you've been robbed, raped, and had a majority of your winnings stolen from you six ways from Sunday.... it's suddenly not quite so silly.

I think you missed my joking. Yeah I would be pissed and I know I would never vote for Bernie if I won!!!

I think you missed my joking. Yeah I would be pissed and I know I would never vote for Bernie if I won!!!

Lol, I've wondered what it would be like for a lotto winner with Bernie as President. On a $1.3 billion dollar jackpot, you'd probably be lucky to walk away with $10 million. That's probably a high estimate.

I know you were just joking. I was just venting my frustration with the way things are set up. And that's not just if I won. Whoever wins, I don't care who they are, I'm already pissed for them having to lose as much as they do. :banghead:

Lol, I've wondered what it would be like for a lotto winner with Bernie as President. On a $1.3 billion dollar jackpot, you'd probably be lucky to walk away with $10 million. That's probably a high estimate.

I know you were just joking. I was just venting my frustration with the way things are set up. And that's not just if I won. Whoever wins, I don't care who they are, I'm already pissed for them having to lose as much as they do. :banghead:

Think about how those people who actually EARNED that kind of money feel.

I am not ashamed even a little bit to admit that I would be pissed, pissing and moaning, and completely enraged when they handed me my check for $400 million. Sounds silly, but when you realize you've been robbed, raped, and had a majority of your winnings stolen from you six ways from Sunday.... it's suddenly not quite so silly. I'm not gonna pretend like I'm ok with losing over half of my winnings (in the event that I ever won).

methinks you do not understand the difference between the cash payout and the annuity value and what is actually taxed.

the drawing is for 1.3b annuity OR 800m cash. taxes are then paid on the 800 if you take the cash so you will get roughly 550m after taxes...

or you can take the annuity payment for 25 years and pay income taxes each year.

My second career is like amazing though. I'm my own boss...and I'm not tied down (other than the internet/secured wifi and a laptop, the pay is very lucrative...and if you want to take time off, you can.

Out of curiosity I plugged in some EXTREMELY conservative numbers:

$500 mil at monthly compound interest of 2% over 25 year term comes to

$824,017,604.

A gain of $324,017,604.

8 hrs a day for 25 yrs = 52000 hrs.

Not touching the nest egg $500 mil your interest is $6231.11 PER HOUR!!!!

But go work, if you want to.

Out of curiosity I plugged in some EXTREMELY conservative numbers:

$500 mil at monthly compound interest of 2% over 25 year term comes to

$824,017,604.

A gain of $324,017,604.

8 hrs a day for 25 yrs = 52000 hrs.

Not touching the nest egg $500 mil your interest is $6231.11 PER HOUR!!!!

But go work, if you want to.

What I do really isn't work though...:coffee:

Some days I "work" for an hour a day. And it's fun too...

Those numbers are completely dwarfed now with it jumping to $1.3 bil btw.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

What I do really isn't work though...:coffee:

Some days I "work" for an hour a day. And it's fun too...

Hey if you've found something you enjoy and it captivates you and you truly love doing it God bless ya.

Total minority though.

Those numbers are completely dwarfed now with it jumping to $1.3 bil btw.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Hey if you've found something you enjoy and it captivates you and you truly love doing it God bless ya.

Total minority though.

I think you're right...

I think I REALLY like the whole going off the grid idea.

Buy 1000 acres in Montanna or Utah or somewhere totally remote and beautiful like that.

Have a beautiful cabin on a lake or river. Whatever I chose to have flown in by copter.

Travel and see the world in all its glory, then retreat to re-energize in my fortress of solitude.

I'd open a small medical care facility to provide for our veterans. Giving CPR to a team mate and watching him die because the VA was so backed up in April they couldn't see him til September was revolting. Though if he were a non working system abusing piece of trash he'd have the best Mass Health had to offer.

I'd target middle class working families for college tuition grants. Write me your essay and I'd pick a multitude each year to help.

Family and closest friends? Nothing more to say there.

And you'd still have $ left daily.

Back