What will you do if you win the Powerball?

Family first. Church second then friends and co-workers. Hire the best accountant and financial advisor I can find. Yank the phones out of the walls then relax and retire.

The Jags are worth 770 million. The Powerball is up to 800 million and climbing. If they keep sucking I suspect the value will keep dropping...:coffee:

Except you would never actually see 800 million. The lump sum payout is currently estimated at 496M. No matter which option you choose (yearly payout or lump sum), 30% comes off the top for federal taxes. Then subtract whatever state taxes apply.

But somehow, I could still figure out a way to live off that.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A939QRRSNV4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Except you would never actually see 800 million. The lump sum payout is currently estimated at 496M. No matter which option you choose (yearly payout or lump sum), 30% comes off the top for federal taxes. Then subtract whatever state taxes apply.

But somehow, I could still figure out a way to live off that.
If noone wins this week then what? :coffee:

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A939QRRSNV4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
Been there done that twice in the same day when I was 21 and three women back in 2001...:coffee:

I would hire an accountant I know then collect the money once all loopholes are closed. I would set up my family with a simple act of pay off their debts. That alone makes their lives better.

My kids would have goals to reach in life to get anything. High school, college, grad school. I want them educated and capable of living without the gift of my winnings. They would then be head of the MikieMo 83 Foundation and held accountable for their actions.

Of course I would build a new house, two actually. One in my hometown, the other in the woods on a lake. I would retire and develop the MikieMo 83 Foundation with a group of smart people I know. I see myself traveling during no school times with my kids. Luxury box in Gillette.

I guess I would spend my times fighting to keep levelheaded. I can not imagine not having to worry about buying anything I please. And would keep the toys to a minimum.

I would hire an accountant I know then collect the money once all loopholes are closed. I would set up my family with a simple act of pay off their debts. That alone makes their lives better.

My kids would have goals to reach in life to get anything. High school, college, grad school. I want them educated and capable of living without the gift of my winnings. They would then be head of the MikieMo 83 Foundation and held accountable for their actions.

Of course I would build a new house, two actually. One in my hometown, the other in the woods on a lake. I would retire and develop the MikieMo 83 Foundation with a group of smart people I know. I see myself traveling during no school times with my kids. Luxury box in Gillette.

I guess I would spend my times fighting to keep levelheaded. I can not imagine not having to worry about buying anything I please. And would keep the toys to a minimum.

Since my kids are adults, they can get an immediate cash gift.

As far as staying in our hometowns, I'm not sure that would be possible. I would go into immediate hiding until the lunacy quieted down. I'd be legitimately fearful for my safety. There are many crazies out there. I think it would very difficult to stay where I'm at now and be able to live a somewhat normal life.

The Jags are worth 770 million. The Powerball is up to 800 million and climbing. If they keep sucking I suspect the value will keep dropping...:coffee:

I assume that's a valuation based on standard business valuation protocols, but put the team on the market and it will likely sell for substantially more based in part on the arrogance and ego of folks who buy these things and a silly vision of turning them into a patriots/cowboys marketing monster.

I'm looking for a number but can't seem to find it, but weren't the Pats valued around $120,000,000 back in 1994 when Krafty paid $173,000,000?

Cheers, BostonTim

Since my kids are adults, they can get an immediate cash gift.

As far as staying in our hometowns, I'm not sure that would be possible. I would go into immediate hiding until the lunacy quieted down. I'd be legitimately fearful for my safety. There are many crazies out there. I think it would very difficult to stay where I'm at now and be able to live a somewhat normal life.
Only in town to keep kids in school. Then again private school would most likely happen.

I do know of crazies, all places have them. As for safety, I assume it will not be safe any place I went. So you either get busy living or dying.

Probably crush a sweet meat loaf and ponder my future in a tub of rain water at Guyer next to Peyton, matching his anti-aging HGH drip.

this question came up at work.... can you claim this in the name of a trust and not reveal your actual name? I've seen lists of lottery winners somewhere (might have been in Mass) and many of the big prizes have a trust name, not a persons name.
this may vary bu state ??

if you won and your name got out, you can imagine how many people and groups would be hitting you up (or trying to) for some $

I will be getting a apartment in RI. Just stay here for football season. Then a house to be near my sister in st Augustine . The rest of the year .

this question came up at work.... can you claim this in the name of a trust and not reveal your actual name? I've seen lists of lottery winners somewhere (might have been in Mass) and many of the big prizes have a trust name, not a persons name.

if you won and your name got out, you can imagine how many people and groups would be hitting you up (or trying to) for some $

Assuming you ever received any of those requests. Never answer a phone or open another piece of mail in your life if you don't want to.

There's a couple of states that allow you to remain anonymous, but not Mass.
That's one of the reasons to consult a lawyer. I've heard that you can designate someone, such as a lawyer, to claim the prize on your behalf. Not sure how much a lawyer would charge in that case.

1) Consult my financial advisor about a good lawyer
2) Quit my job
3) Set up funds for my kids and siblings (any cash gift over $1,000 they have to pay income tax on)
4) Buy a house, install a bowling alley and home theater
5) Start planning vacations
6) Play video games

First thing I'd do is move to a state that doesn't have a amaxhine gun ban, and spend $10K on a machine gun, and a shitload of ammo, and a buttload of spare barrels.

Then, I'd use that machine gun day after day to clear a piece of land to build a new house.

Because there's not much more fun a man can have than cutting down trees with a machine gun. :coffee:

First thing I'd do is move to a state that doesn't have a amaxhine gun ban, and spend $10K on a machine gun, and a shitload of ammo, and a buttload of spare barrels.

Then, I'd use that machine gun day after day to clear a piece of land to build a new house.

Because there's not much more fun a man can have than cutting down trees with a machine gun. :coffee:

What, is your machine gun of choice for such a task?

Maybe a few? A 50, a Thompson, a BAR and an AR would be a fine selection of land clearing weapons.

I hope you win. At least I know you will have some fun with your winnings.

What, is your machine gun of choice for such a task?

Maybe a few? A 50, a Thompson, a BAR and an AR would be a fine selection of land clearing weapons.

I hope you win. At least I know you will have some fun with your winnings.

Well, if I could have a GE Minigun, that would be my ideal choice, but since I doubt there are any pre-1986 ones available - and you can't buy new manufatured stuff - I'd have to settle for whatever is available...

I would work for MikieMo 83 Foundation at a modest salary

Back