what would it take for you to want Gronk traded?

Gronk is as close to unstopable as there is in the NFL. You can't give up on guys like that (if you do it will come back to haunt you).

The ACL is, unfortunatly, an injury that can happen to any guy on any play and the bigger and stronger you are the more likely it is to happen because the little DBs go low.

He needs to learn how to hurdle over safeties when they go for his legs. :coffee:

He needs to learn how to hurdle over safeties when they go for his legs. :coffee:

I'm actually wondering if it's time to have all players wear knee braces. If everyone had to wear them, what ever speed loss they cause would be fair for all.

I'm actually wondering if it's time to have all players wear knee braces. If everyone had to wear them, what ever speed loss they cause would be fair for all.

Gronk is not running away from anyone anyway, his talent is based on strength and making tough catches, not blazing speed.

I've thought this for a while. Put everybody on a level playing field.

It wouldn't eliminate knee injuries but should significantly reduce them. I think the fans could live with a 4.4 guy running a 4.55. We wouldn't really notice the difference that much if everybody is a tick slower.

Roger is so hopped up on avoiding head injuries (lawsuits, really) that he isn't even thinking about knees. It hurts the game when fans don't get to see a guy like Gronk for a year or so and there is no way to know if he'll heal fully or well enough to play like he has.

Maybe Belichick should mention it so Roger can pretend it was his idea two weeks later.

I've thought this for a while. Put everybody on a level playing field.

It wouldn't eliminate knee injuries but should significantly reduce them. I think the fans could live with a 4.4 guy running a 4.55. We wouldn't really notice the difference that much if everybody is a tick slower.

Roger is so hopped up on avoiding head injuries (lawsuits, really) that he isn't even thinking about knees. It hurts the game when fans don't get to see a guy like Gronk for a year or so and there is no way to know if he'll heal fully or well enough to play like he has.

Maybe Belichick should mention it so Roger can pretend it was his idea two weeks later.

The league makes everyone where thigh pads, so not sure why this should be left off too. Just make everyone wear them and then everyone is a step slower...you are right, not sure we would even notice.

First sign Jimmy Graham once he refuses to be tagged. Then trade Gronk for Mega-Tron. Otherwise the Pats are giving up too much for not enough in return.

So in other words... NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN.

If he goes on a murder spree....seriously though, if we are going to keep him, we just need another option, that has been the failure, its a long drop off grom Gronk to the next guy down and it cannot be that way.

Very true but could someone let us know where all the other TEs were other than the useless Hooman or Mulligan like Williams. I guess they finally got rid of never on the field Ballad. Pats absolutely need to get at least two good blocking, catching, AND DURABLE TEs for next year. :thumb:

To be honest with you, I would have no problem with the Pats trading Gronk for any much needed position because if you think he will ever play one entire regular and post season, you are out of your mind. His absence from the team is so detrimental it has now cost the Pats big time in their salary cap, competitive standing, and off the field mockery. :stirpot:

and the pot gets stirred further... give up, they are not going to trade Gronk.

You act like no one else in the league would have been jacked up on that bullshit hit by that POS ward, there was no avoiding that. I don't care who you are, you get hit like that and your knee goes pop

I'd like to see the team bring Ballard back for another look now that he seems to be healthy again.

I'd like to see the team bring Ballard back for another look now that he seems to be healthy again.

Can you or someone tell me the interest in Ballard? I just don't get it....was he some awesome pass catching TE at some point and I missed it?

Back