What's the Point?

vertigho

Reaction score
What's the ****ing point in acquiring Revis, Browner, Collins, Easley, etc if you're going to play them in schemes suited for Deltha O'Neal, Ellis Hobbs, and Richard Seymour...?

Seriously, Belichick and the defensive staff are entirely mis-utilizing these guys.

For someone who is praised for putting his personnel in the best possible position to succeed, he's entirely screwed the proverbial pooch on this one.

I'm more concerned with the use of the offensive players.

What's the pt of having KT and Dobson on the bench when Amendola does crap? Seriously we're down 17 and have only Edelman as a serious threat for the Chiefs to cover. I think they can manage covering 1 guy + Gronk. Coaching fail imo.

I think BB seriously underestimated the Chiefs O and overestimated our D. He thought this would be another grind only Andy Reid hasn't played along. He's letting Smith sling it and our D is struggling while still in grind mode. Charles & Davis aren't grinding. They're running smart against our edges wh/ can't contain them. The Chiefs are picking up chunks upon chunks of yardage and we can't muster to move the chains. More coaching fail.

BB and his coaches deserve to take the hits they get for this crapola game plan.

Yep, the coaching has been putrid, particularly so in this game.

I don't know if I'll be watching many Pats games this season. I see them as a 6-8 win team at best. I think changes need to be made, both in the front office and on the coaching staff.

Not worth the stress or sadness. I've enjoyed watching this team for the longest time, so seeing them fall like this is akin to losing a family member. When such a big part of your life drops out like *that*, it's tough to handle.

I'm going to be pretty blue for the rest of the week. Probably won't start to get over it until Thursday. Not sure if it's worth putting myself through this again next weekend.

Yep, the coaching has been putrid, particularly so in this game.

I don't know if I'll be watching many Pats games this season. I see them as a 6-8 win team at best. I think changes need to be made, both in the front office and on the coaching staff.

Not worth the stress or sadness. I've enjoyed watching this team for the longest time, so seeing them fall like this is akin to losing a family member. When such a big part of your life drops out like *that*, it's tough to handle.

I'm going to be pretty blue for the rest of the week. Probably won't start to get over it until Thursday. Not sure if it's worth putting myself through this again next weekend.

That's why Pats fans get bad names... This post screams of bandwagonism

God forbid that anyone force themselves to watch to a bad team.

If I could be spending time with my family or pursuing other, less frustrating, less upsetting endeavors, why wouldn't I, or anyone else for that matter?

Interest is contingent upon success, and it's been that way forever. It's human nature. I'll still tune in but I doubt I'll be watching religiously, just not worth the trouble. I wouldn't blame anyone for doing the same.

Feels somewhat similar to the '08 season.

Let's see how things play out. My post was a bit reactionary, at least with regard to the front office reconfiguration.

If I could be spending time with my family or pursuing other, less frustrating, less upsetting endeavors, why wouldn't I, or anyone else for that matter?

Interest is contingent upon success, and it's been that way forever. It's human nature. I'll still tune in but I doubt I'll be watching religiously, just not worth the trouble. I wouldn't blame anyone for doing the same.

Let's see how things play out. My post was a bit reactionary, at least with regard to the front office reconfiguration.
I been a fan since 89. I don't sugarcoat anything . When you play like crap you deserve to be called out on it. Sox , Celts all sucked big time this year. I'm still going to be a fan & root for the team.

Similar to the 08 season, huh? Most Pats fans I know of enjoyed that team once the shock of losing tb wore off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Similar to the 08 season, huh? Most Pats fans I know of enjoyed that team once the shock of losing tb wore off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Me too, I really enjoyed that season, but there was an emotional detachment due to the lack of expectations and I was able to watch the games with more of an objective eye.

I get too emotionally involved with Patriots games. I base far too much of my happiness and fulfillment in my life on their success. It's unhealthy and I know it but I've been riding it out.

It's easier for a less emotionally involved individual to continue to support the team. They don't feel down to any significant degree after losses. Me, though, it isn't that easy. I view the Pats as a family member/pet. Their failure, is in a way, a death of the aforementioned family member. Would you watch a funeral on a weekly basis? I doubt you would, and that's what this is the equivalent to for me. I tend to be less involved with the other teams I support.

It's a personal issue on my end. I'll keep watching for 3-4 more weeks but if they keep losing, I'll have no choice but to step away in some capacity for no other reason than my own wellbeing.

Am I fickle or a bandwagoner? I'd say that's an unfair way to describe me, but I can understand why other fans would feel that way. Rather, it's a overattachment to the team in my opinion. Not necessarily any better, though.

I don't know why people waste time watching bad teams - life is too short. I was thinking about making a poll about this: would you rather the Patriots make the playoffs and lose to the Giants in the Superbowl again or miss the playoffs and get a better draft position, and allow you to waste less time watching this lousy team? I guess it's not such a great poll question. :)

Since when is "calling it like it is" bandwagonism? Fans who happily take this crap without calling them out are "pinkhats" or "homers". Belichick, Kraft and Brady deserve all the crap (and more) that they are receiving.

Since when is "calling it like it is" bandwagonism? Fans who happily take this crap without calling them out are "pinkhats" or "homers". Belichick, Kraft and Brady deserve all the crap (and more) that they are receiving.

It's the whining that's all... No one said anyone was happy, I certainly am not happy with this team right now but I'm not going to make a wholesale statement like "Well golly they stink now so I'm gonna give up". Then go ahead and stop watching

Me too, I really enjoyed that season, but there was an emotional detachment due to the lack of expectations and I was able to watch the games with more of an objective eye.
Ah ok I didn't understand what you meant, now I do. I still expected competitiveness but not 11 wins.

I get too emotionally involved with Patriots games. I base far too much of my happiness and fulfillment in my life on their success. It's unhealthy and I know it but I've been riding it out.
06 AFCC and 07 SB back to back clobbered me so much that I lost some of that "feeling like crap the whole week until they played again" thing in me.

I definitely agree about Revis, why pay him 12 million to play off?

If the patriots losing ruins your entire week, you need to find a new hobby. That's not healthy.

I'd say it ruins my Sunday. (Or Monday/Thursday).

The next day I'm a bit blue, but tend to be totally over the loss two, at the most three days removed from the game.

If the patriots losing ruins your entire week, you need to find a new hobby. That's not healthy.

Before the Pats played the Colts in 05 on Sunday night, I requested that Monday off having a feeling it wouldn't go well. After they got curbstomped I was so depressed I literally did nothing but sulk and wallow in it that next day.

I'd say it ruins my Sunday. (Or Monday/Thursday).

The next day I'm a bit blue, but tend to be totally over the loss two, at the most three days removed from the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm bummed when the Colts lose but you have to move on. I've seen people who have their entire self worth dependent on their team winning. Sometimes I suspect its to win a pointless "how Big a fan are you?" argument. Sometimes though they really are dependent on their teams success to feel good about themselves.

Regardless, if you find that the Patriots losing starts to effect your home or personal life it's time to look elsewhere for fun.

Don't get me wrong, I'm bummed when the Colts lose but you have to move on. I've seen people who have their entire self worth dependent on their team winning. Sometimes I suspect its to win a pointless "how Big a fan are you?" argument. Sometimes though they really are dependent on their teams success to feel good about themselves.

Regardless, if you find that the Patriots losing starts to effect your home or personal life it's time to look elsewhere for fun.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, after losing that first SB to the Giants and all the pain that it brought me I figured there was no point in taking so much pain from the Patriots losing. Sports are meant to be a distraction from the shittiness of real life not add to it. Now I just enjoy when the Patriots win and if they lose I'll be upset for a few hours then just move on (maybe a day or two if its a playoff loss). Even now that were attempting to do our best jacksonville impersonation I'm pissed at the team but it doesn't really emotionally affect me too much and I still look forward to next sunday and watch as the Bengals beat the living shit out of us. Rinse. Repeat.

That used to be me, back in the championship years. I got over it by just adopting the mindset that BB/the team has. Once Wednesday rolls around, I'm just about done with the previous game regardless of W or L.

Geez Louise, what a bunch of crybabies. It's not like you're 1- 3. How the Cheats don't at the very least get a WC berth is beyond me.

The NE fan base is being way too reactionary, but I guess that goes well with a sense of entitlement.

Back