• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Major A$$hole*

Get well soon Babalu!
Reaction score
Here is some background on each game.
http://www.l4d.com/

http://www.residentevil.com/5/

I own L4D! I have only played one of the levels on it so far. Its a lot of fun. There is a heavy emphasis on co-op (4 player online or split screen). You can play the game with the other 3 teamated being AI controlled but its not as much fun. If one of your buddies need a bathroom break then he can pause his game and the AI takes over his character automatically untill he returns. I refuse to play it with AI teamates though. The game has a feature called The Director. What it does is it directs the action in the game. For example. If you suck and are getting your arse kicked it automatically ratches down the amount of enemies it throws at you, gives more ammo spawns and other stuff. If you are kicking ass it will do the opposite. Also. No 2 play throughs are the same. Zombies spawn in totally random spots everytime. The graphics are nice but nothing spectacular. Its probably because of the outdated engine. It uses the Half Life 2 engine. (By the way! Half Life 2 should be a must play for any FPS fan. For those who are zombie fans also the "We don't go to Ravenholm" level should be awesome.

I played the RE5 demo the other day. The graphics look much better than L4D. But I didn't like the gameplay as much. When you shoot you can't move in the game. And even when you run you move too slow. I played the demo a few times and By the 2nd time I knew where every zombie in the game was going to be. The game has 2 player co-op (online or splitscreen. I played the demo with my cousin in Italy, who is a huge fan of the series).

COD5 has a bonus Nazie Zombie mode. I haven't played it. Maybe one of our resident COD5 addicts can fill us in on it. (paging LVent and Patsin)

cod 5's takes place in building from Airfield...there are like 6-7 windows to watch. You can play with 4 people. Each kill earns you "money" and throughout the building there different guns to buy. You have to open up different areas of the building that cost money, however by doing that covering 7 windows turns in to covering 12...But its necessary as the better guns are in the locked room. As the levels go up the zombies are harder and more in number. I have only done it a dozen times and I think 22 was my highest.

L4D is probably better as thats the whole point of that game I would imagine :p. Supposedly there are supposed to have a zombies on ever map cod 5 has eventually...

Annihilus remembers when he had time to play video games.

:sulk:

cod 5's takes place in building from Airfield...there are like 6-7 windows to watch. You can play with 4 people. Each kill earns you "money" and throughout the building there different guns to buy. You have to open up different areas of the building that cost money, however by doing that covering 7 windows turns in to covering 12...But its necessary as the better guns are in the locked room. As the levels go up the zombies are harder and more in number. I have only done it a dozen times and I think 22 was my highest.

L4D is probably better as thats the whole point of that game I would imagine :p. Supposedly there are supposed to have a zombies on ever map cod 5 has eventually...
Download the demos for both l4d and re5. Try them out.

Left 4 dead sucks until they can get all the damn hackers under control on that game. When they do that will be the best one. COD5 is pretty cool as well though.

Left 4 dead sucks until they can get all the damn hackers under control on that game. When they do that will be the best one. COD5 is pretty cool as well though.
The 360 version was supposedly patched. I don't know about the PC version though.

:doh:
I forgot to mention the most important feature of L4D. You and 3 of your zombie loving buddies get to play as zombies and take on the 4 survivors if you so please.

I also loved the infected settings on Halo 3. Making your own map then starting with one zombie and each one he kills goes to his team untill all dead.

The last time I went on a cruise I spent some time contemplating trying to write a screenplay involving zombies taking over a cruise ship (the ship stops to rescue a boat off Haiti and they are infected). The general concept was to have a core group of feisty senior citizens (ever been on a cruise?) use their wits to battle zombies that are about as slow and beat up as they are and I had the thing about half written in my head while laying around poolside and drinking profusely.

Then, I found out there is a zombie video game that takes place on a cruise ship and my concept was thus abandoned.

Anyone know what game that is?

Then, I found out there is a zombie video game that takes place on a cruise ship and my concept was thus abandoned.

Anyone know what game that is?

Two zombie games that take place on ships that I can think of are Carrier from Jaleco for the Dreamcast

The second one is Cold Fear from UBISOFT for multiple systems. Does one of these ring a bell with you Hawg?

Carrier from Jaleco
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v0Wwnzz6GgM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v0Wwnzz6GgM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cold Fear from UBISOFT
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uUTO4pNwjYY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uUTO4pNwjYY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<<
Ok your avatar is official messing with my head
>>

:dance:woohoo:zombie::zombie::zombie:

Back