Who do you think is responsible

blitz4life

Reaction score
for my Jets to be losing games they should win.

Don't give me "maybe cus they suck" ****.

Do you all think our coaches suck? I want to hear your perspective as Patriots fans as to why we can't get to the big game.

Two observations on the Ravens game:

1. Hackett seemed to be relying on the trick play. Does he have that little confidence in Carter that he has to resort to trickery? The halfback option was really bad. A FG at that point probably would have buried the Ravens.

2. Herm still can't manage the clock. I think Carter should be taking some blame for the way he handled the huddle, but he seems to be avoiding it. Herm is taking the fall. The blame should be equally shared.

The Jets don't suck, but until they learn how to win those types of games, they'll have trouble making the playoffs.

Well, it's just one example, but the Patriots use draft picks as currency and will trade down to pick up an extra pick that seems meaningless at the time, but next thing you know we end up with a guy like Tully Banta-Cain in the 6th or 7th round and sit on him for a year until he starts producing, which he is starting to do.

Contrast with the Jets, who have not only blown 1st rounders under Bradway (Becht, Bryan Thomas), but last year traded a 2nd rounder for McCairens-- a former 4th rounder.

I'm not saying that he sucks, but the point is-- you could have taken a guy like him in your own slot if Bradway and your scouts were smart enough, and used that second rounder to draft a cornerback or a LB with some size.

I won't even mention DRob, because I happen to like him, but there is no way he was worth the price in a year when your rivals had a great draft by trading down and making shrewd picks.

I find the Jets drafting to be spotty at best and they have a propensity for picking undersized guys. Your front line guys are pretty good, but you get no production from the bench guys.

We use the entire roster and almost all of them produce.

I certainly respect the Jets, but you have exploitable weaknesses from shoddy player acquisition. A good pass rush can't cure every problem you have on D.

I really like Herm as a person, but this was not the first time that he has used poor clock management. Pete Carroll was the same way when he was here and the contrast with Belichick in this area was glaring. A fiery guy doesn't necessarily gain the respect of the troops if he screws up at critical junctures. Herm does exactly that.

Hawg73 said:
I really like Herm as a person, but this was not the first time that he has used poor clock management. Pete Carroll was the same way when he was here and the contrast with Belichick in this area was glaring. A fiery guy doesn't necessarily gain the respect of the troops if he screws up at critical junctures. Herm does exactly that.

Hawg made some excellent points about the draft - and very important ones.

Now, about clock management. You know who else is really bad at clock management? The Rams.

I can't count how many games I've watched where Bulger (and before, Warner) slowly walked off the field as they needlessly used timeouts because their game management sucked ass.

How often do you see the Pats doing that? I can think of once or maybe twice this year in 32 quarters of football.

Having those timeouts when you need them is critical to getting those all-important 'before the half' and 'last two minutes of the game' points that the Pats are so good at getting.

I think that the fact that the Pats are so good at these things point to some of the things that Herm and the Jets need to work on before they can get over that hump.

If you can't do the really important things well.....

blitz4life said:

Do you all think our coaches suck? I want to hear your perspective as Patriots fans as to why we can't get to the big game.

Babe Ruth...

...or it could be coaching. That would be my take. Its a noticably improved team on both sides of the ball....however, its seems they can't quite get on the same page. They should have won last weekend too. Poor game planning.

blitz4life said:

Other than Pennington getting hurt every year, I'd say the biggest problem is with what Belichick calls "situational awareness". So I'd say it is coaching.

Your team clearly hasn't spent enough time practicing the two minute drill and it's various complexities (or scenarios). There was no excuse for not being to get three plays run before kicking the field goal. Also, in the first half when you were on the verge of putting the game away, everyone has to be aware of the situation and not let a turnover occur. The pass should have been thrown away, if he wasn't sure he could complete it. Mistakes at critical times is the thing the Jets need to avoid, to get to the next level (as I think the talent level is pretty good on your team).
________
iolite portable vaporizer

The Jets early season schedule led NY fans to believe they were better than they are. I think most would have taken 6-3 after 9 games before the season started. I think they may be in the playoffs, but Martin may be on fumes by then. If so, its one and done.
I don't like Hackett, and to me, Edwards is the style of coach who loses teams-he seems too close, and sensitive to the players (remember Pete Carroll with the Jets?)

thanks. Most of us on the board are always knocking Hackett and the coaching staff so it looks like the whole league knows what's up with us. We shoot ourselves in the foot everytime we get a lead. Losing that first game to the Pats hurt cus it also looked like a bad game plan but this one was the worst by far. We can only hope now that we can get ahead of either Baltimore, San Diego and Jacksonville. 2 of them to be exact.

Dude I think its a poor color scheme on their uniforms.

And a team that needs its fans to spell its name every week is pretty much not going to manage anything close to a clock well.

Suggestion.....Change the uniforms, name of the team and move to LA.

I think it is a bit of everything. Obviously, your boy Pennington needs to stay healthy to produce into more than a dink and dunk type guy. Second, Hackett sucks...And herm, like Hawg said is a class act, great person. But his coaching skills? Eh....Next please. I was thinking to myself, if the Jets lose this game this will pretty much define theyre season.

Know why? Not because of one loss...I still think they will be a playoff team. But because I see a young inexperienced team making mistakes, not just any mistakes, but crucial mistakes. I see a Jets secondary letting Boller have fun.

Granted, your team is a good team...But they really do not seem to have that "IT" ingredient that those special teams have..Just my 2 cents.

By the way, Jet suck....:p ;)

Here's why your Jets suck:
They caught what everybody associated with the Chiefs have. Half your coaching staff and your GM are carriers. Purge the organization of former Chiefs employees before it is too late.

its the inconsistency in coaching.

1.in the ravens game hackett was too conservative when he didnt have to be and he was agressive and forcing stupid plays when it wasnt necessary (i.e. lamont jordan halfback pass )

2. Pennington gets hit with the injury bug too often. he needs to stay healthy or your playoff hopes will be crushed.

3. jets are not playing with 60 MINUTES OF INTENSITY. theyre charged with energy and emotion in the first half of games, then they come out flat in the 2nd. jets need to stop playing 30 minutes of football

4. They run too much, everyone knows that curtis martin has re- emerged as one of the leagues better backs so defenses are making their run defense a point of emphasis.
if hackett uses better passing options then it'll take the pressure off curtis.

5. more play action, if the running game is a threat then why not use the play action to your advantage. they hardly did that last game and they had a qb who could've made a play on his feet if there wasnt anyone down the field.

6.dont give up the big play, the defense gave up too many big plays this week they need to stop overpersuing and be patient.

7. CANT POINT FINGERS, I dont know what goes on behind closed doors in the jets locker room, but a loss such as the one you expirenced last week usually starts alot of blaming whithin the team and the organization. If they are playing the blame game then it can destroy the team dynamics that herman and the coaching staff has built ove the past few months. If a team is blaming one another they cant be fundementally sound on the field.

8. PASS DOWN THE FEILD FOR GOODNESS SAKES, you cant play dink and dunk football aginst agressive teams. throw some longer passes and make their defense ease off a little. THEN pound the ball with the running game.

Tylaw24 said:
its the inconsistency in coaching.

1.in the ravens game hackett was too conservative when he didnt have to be and he was agressive and forcing stupid plays when it wasnt necessary (i.e. lamont jordan halfback pass )

2. Pennington gets hit with the injury bug too often. he needs to stay healthy or your playoff hopes will be crushed.

3. jets are not playing with 60 MINUTES OF INTENSITY. theyre charged with energy and emotion in the first half of games, then they come out flat in the 2nd. jets need to stop playing 30 minutes of football

4. They run too much, everyone knows that curtis martin has re- emerged as one of the leagues better backs so defenses are making their run defense a point of emphasis.
if hackett uses better passing options then it'll take the pressure off curtis.

5. more play action, if the running game is a threat then why not use the play action to your advantage. they hardly did that last game and they had a qb who could've made a play on his feet if there wasnt anyone down the field.

6.dont give up the big play, the defense gave up too many big plays this week they need to stop overpersuing and be patient.

7. CANT POINT FINGERS, I dont know what goes on behind closed doors in the jets locker room, but a loss such as the one you expirenced last week usually starts alot of blaming whithin the team and the organization. If they are playing the blame game then it can destroy the team dynamics that herman and the coaching staff has built ove the past few months. If a team is blaming one another they cant be fundementally sound on the field.

8. PASS DOWN THE FEILD FOR GOODNESS SAKES, you cant play dink and dunk football aginst agressive teams. throw some longer passes and make their defense ease off a little. THEN pound the ball with the running game.

I said the same thing in the previous post with about 800 fewer words.

Phobia said:
I said the same thing in the previous post with about 800 fewer words.

Don't listen the the Chiefs troll, TY, you did just fine.

Jeezus, Phobia-- the guy only has 5 posts here. You trying to scare him off?

Pick on one of the regulars, willya? ;)

Hawg73 said:

yeah, and that's really Ty Law, he has more time to post since he's not practicing anymore. ;)

If there is one reason the Jets don't finish or ice the game when they are winning, I would like to know why. The patriots are masters at this.

Hawg73 said:

Sorry. I'm just trying to callous him to the horrible treatment he can expect to receive at this site. :D

Tylaw24 said:
a loss such as the one you expirenced last week usually starts alot of blaming whithin the team and the organization. If they are playing the blame game then it can destroy the team dynamics that herman and the coaching staff has built ove the past few months. If a team is blaming one another they cant be fundementally sound on the field.

I am very much looking forward to this happening to the Jests.

Report: Jets QB likely out full 4 weeks -- at least

New York Jets Quarterback Chad Pennington, expected to miss two to four weeks with a strained rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder, apparently will miss the whole four weeks and possibly more, according to a Newark Star-Ledger report.

Pennington, who hasn't returned to throwing since injuring his right shoulder against the Bills on Nov. 7, will undergo a second MRI before being cleared to play, and the newspaper reported that it's possible the QB suffered a slight tear.

The Jets still expect Pennington back sometime this season, according to the Star-Ledger, but the team doesn't know when he'll be able to return.

"He's getting better," coach Herman Edwards told reporters Wednesday. "He's going to do some things, but he's not going to throw or anything like that."

Asked whether Pennington will start throwing next week, Edwards said, "Probably. Maybe he'll have a shot next week. We'll know more next week."

Back