Who Here Has Actually PLAYED Football?

But I wanna ask the linemen, what do those guys SAY to each other when they're all crouched over helmet to helmet? I have always wished some fiendish broadcaster gopher would plant a mike at the line of scrimmage so I could hear words I've never heard before. :)

Everyone is different. I never said a word, ever. I played against guys who never said a word (most of em) and guys who told me they were going to kill me & my family and guys who growled a lot and guys who spit at me. What ever. All kinds of crap. I used to piss guys off by being so calm. I nailed a guy on an off-sides once and the guy tried to kill me while I just calmly walked back to the huddle. He was pissed off.

My favorite plays were goal line runs because we would usually just be teeing off on the guy lined up on us. Those plays were great. I loved it when an ILB would stem into B gap too. That would often mean I would have to down block him which was easy because his blitz path would give me a killer angle on his hip. If you catch those guys just right you can just about run them off the damn field. You don't see those types of blocks in the NFL much anymore because of all the zone schemes but once in a while you see some nice stuff like that. You can still see all that stuff on the HS level though.

I played both up and down. I know that this is going to disappoint you, but when I was playing, mostly nothing. You are too busy thinking about your assignment and how they are going to come at you to mouth off.

On goal line when it pretty basic, you might say " no f'ing way" or something like that.
This is true to my knowledge. I used to play some games, though. I'd pick out a particular DLman who struck me as a real "manly-man" type and pretend I was gay, which became a standing joke.

I'd find him after a pile up and say stuff like: "the Center's name is Dan, but you've got a much nicer ass than him. I'll touch yours after the game." and give him a smack on the ass. Maybe I'd wink at him a couple times before the snap if he was looking at him.

Big fun, and often yielded nice results, especially helpful to lay it on thick before the OLman opposite him had the opportunity to influence block because the back was running the play off his butt or something.

Mostly, I tended to play much better when I was having fun with it - that was probably the biggest effect, but considering how streaky I was, it was a big one sometimes.

One thing people who haven't been out there may be surprised to know is that most players don't hear or see anything that is going on off the field. They are so focused on the game that the band, the cheerleaders the crowds just don't register. It's like having the TV on in the background. The noise is there in the background and lends to the excitement but it doesn't register while it's going on.

It's the same way when your coaching. I don't hear the fans, the parents yelling, the players on the sideline yelling, the cheerleaders, the band, any of that stuff while the game is going on. People will ask me "Did you hear this?" or "Did you see that?" and my answer is almost always "No". People have been removed by ambulance and I didn't notice.

No, but I know and love most of those guys.
I played for:
Serra Club
Raiders
S&M Club
49ers
Victory Pub

Do they still have their own bus? They had full unis, separate special teams units, and enough guys to man an NFL Roster. Every one else would show up with nine or ten guys wearing different color sweats. I didn't see much of them but did play in a few tournaments they were also playing in.

Do they still have their own bus? They had full unis, separate special teams units, and enough guys to man an NFL Roster. Every one else would show up with nine or ten guys wearing different color sweats. I didn't see much of them but did play in a few tournaments they were also playing in.

The league doesn't exist anymore.:(
But yeah, to say they were a little more "focused" is an understatement. I just usually got asked by other teams to play...never had much loyalty to any one crew....and I'd say yes to whomever asked first. A couple of times the team I had played for the prior year didn't even know I wasn't with them until I showed on another team. Had a lot of fun and some of the moments were so "over the top" like your previous post about death threats that you could only laugh....which really pisses off a guy that is furious.:poke:

I was the QB and the Mike linebacker for my HS during homecoming week for the 2 years that they did it.
:coffee:

There is a semi-pro women's team in Modesto that I think would be tits to play for. How ****ing fun would that be?!!!!

Although, I don't want some big fat Bertha broad with a hairy mole on her chin to pick me up like a 6 pack. :blink:

I bet you I could have made it all the way..

uncle-rico.jpg

I was the QB and the Mike linebacker for my HS during homecoming week for the 2 years that they did it.

There is a semi-pro women's team in Modesto that I think would be tits to play for. How ****ing fun would that be?!!!!

Although, I don't want some big fat Bertha broad with a hairy mole on her chin to pick me up like a 6 pack. :blink:

My town has a semi-pro woman's team. Big Bertha herself would be scared to step on the field w/some of those ladies.

Don't fear the reaper. :rockon:

It is a LOT of fun to train and push yourself like that but nearly impossible to play in these semi pro leagues if you are a mom..I would have been gone every other weekend and I am talking New Mexico and TX and Cali gone..

There was a mix of "types" who played on that team.:)

My town has a semi-pro woman's team. Big Bertha herself would be scared to step on the field w/some of those ladies.

:shrug: MOST of the women on Tucson Monsoon don't fit this stereotype. We had a few rather large women obviously but most were incredible in shape athletes and not all that butch at ALL.

Ever wonder what the players say to each other when they line-up and shake hands after the game?

"Nice game, nice game, nice game, nice game, **** you, nice game, nice game, nice game". LOL

Ever wonder what the players say to each other when they line-up and shake hands after the game?

"Nice game, nice game, nice game, nice game, **** you, nice game, nice game, nice game". LOL

Yeah the ****ers that lost to Conner's team this year would do that and say "good luck in the playoffs" knowing they were on probation this year. ****ERS.

OF course.

But I was always pretty good. :)

I swear the girls soccer team was always brawling. Buncha feisty dykes, lol.

Back