Who Here Has Actually PLAYED Football?

Yes played Warren little league from 3rd grade to 6th then junior high on to 10th grade DB the whole time. I played with the same kids throughout the years a couple became NFL players. And our little league commish was Dave Casper who at one time played for the Raiders. It was really a great time to play when i started because we got to pass the ball around with Jeff George every saturday before games. At that time he was just our local high school hero QB but you know what he became a major ****head the reason he was there is because we played on Warrens field his high school.

Played through HS: QB, S/ILB. Attended a college where there was no football, helped to spearhead an effort to bring back the football team after 50 years or so, but succeeded only after my senior year. I wasn't good enough to play college ball anyway, though - way too streaky as a passer. I mean SERIOUSLY streaky - from unconscious/unstoppable (16-17 with 3 TDs in one game against a playoff opponent) to "why the hell is he on the field" (0-8 and none were even close with 3 INTs before getting yanked).

High School. Halfback and FS/CB.
The hitting was probably heavier in a tag-rush league I played in at East Boston Stadium for about 10 years after getting out of the Army.

I thought all OTs were dumb as stumps :shrug: :Lecture:

What? OTs are the smartest guys on the field. Matt L was smart enough to focus in on the issue at hand here wasn't he?

Tappen2.JPG

I played touch football once last year. Does that count? I was willing to play full contact but I think the guys were afraid someone would take a knee... And I don't mean the QB. :)

picture.php

Flag and I was training with the Tucson Monsoon before getting injured so I never saw game action.:( Started too old.

That is my one major MUST have when i am reincarnated. I want to play linebacker and tight end.:)

High School. Halfback and FS/CB.
The hitting was probably heavier in a tag-rush league I played in at East Boston Stadium for about 10 years after getting out of the Army.

Were you a member of the infamous East Boston Tornadoes?

What? OTs are the smartest guys on the field. Matt L was smart enough to focus in on the issue at hand here wasn't he?

Tappen2.JPG
you PASSED my little test!!!! ROFL :thumb::thumb:

Played through HS: QB, S/ILB. Attended a college where there was no football, helped to spearhead an effort to bring back the football team after 50 years or so, but succeeded only after my senior year. I wasn't good enough to play college ball anyway, though - way too streaky as a passer. I mean SERIOUSLY streaky - from unconscious/unstoppable (16-17 with 3 TDs in one game against a playoff opponent) to "why the hell is he on the field" (0-8 and none were even close with 3 INTs before getting yanked).
Flagg Roethlisberger :coffee:

ROFL

Really appreciating your replies, guys. Sounds like a good many have actually had their hands on the pigskin (OK - you can run with that one :D)

But I wanna ask the linemen, what do those guys SAY to each other when they're all crouched over helmet to helmet? I have always wished some fiendish broadcaster gopher would plant a mike at the line of scrimmage so I could hear words I've never heard before. :)

you PASSED my little test!!!! ROFL :thumb::thumb:

Flagg Roethlisberger :coffee:

ROFL
You ain't kidding - I was known for taking the sack while still trying to find an outlet and make a play instead of getting rid of the ball, actually.

Clank the Wanderer?

Really appreciating your replies, guys. Sounds like a good many have actually had their hands on the pigskin (OK - you can run with that one :D)

But I wanna ask the linemen, what do those guys SAY to each other when they're all crouched over helmet to helmet? I have always wished some fiendish broadcaster gopher would plant a mike at the line of scrimmage so I could hear words I've never heard before. :)

I played both up and down. I know that this is going to disappoint you, but when I was playing, mostly nothing. You are too busy thinking about your assignment and how they are going to come at you to mouth off.

On goal line when it pretty basic, you might say " no f'ing way" or something like that.

Perhaps other can verify what I just said. It's been a few years for me an players have gotten more mouthy on the field.

Flag and I was training with the Tucson Monsoon

What wtf? I was training with the local women's semi pro full contact team a few years ago but pulled a lot of muscles in a certain area so I quit..plus it was a LOT of travel and kiddos were a lot younger. >)
Oh, Flag football. Got it now. I read it fast and was like: WTF? I didn't train with PAz!

Played in HS.

RB and DB Rushed for a G my last season.

tumblr_kr2j2galNL1qz9bc4.jpg

Back