Who is the best baseball player of this generation?

Who is it?

• ARoid

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Bonds

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Ken Griffey Jr.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Albert Pujols

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Someone on the Red Sox

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

KnowMo2724

Reaction score
From another board just want to see what unbiased baseball fans thought.

Not going to define what is "greatest" or "the best". Use your own criteria.

Who would you pick first to start a team?
Who has the best overall game?
Who hit the mostr home runs?
Who had the best intangibles? Was clutch?

whatever your criteria, vote accordingly. I think there are 4 players that stand out from all others of this generation.

Pujols
ARod
Bonds
Griffey Jr.

Damn I wanted to make this public :cuss:

From another board just want to see what unbiased baseball fans thought.

How can one be an unbiased baseball fan? The essence of pro sports is competition. To be a fan, you kinda have to have a team or player that you like more than another team or player.

I guess it's possible to just love watching baseball for its own sake, without feeling any preference for the outcome of the event. But, without having a rooting interest in who wins and who loses, you don't really have the emotional investment in the game that would qualify you as a fan. I would define that more as a baseball buff.

Anyway,I personally disqualify anyone whom the evidence convinces me is drug enhanced. Even if it were a single confirmed positive result. I assume that a cheater is a liar; is likely to have used PEDs more than the one time he happened to get caught; and his entire career is therefore illegitimate. No matter what color laundry he wore.

But that's my personal standard.

So,at this point: Pujols.

not sure what the generation is considered or if you wanna call someone an athlete or something....

Randy Johnson is the most dominating pitcher since Nolan Ryan. Roger Clemens is second in this category.

If we are only talking hitters in the last decade, the I guess it would be pujols...if you wanna talk last 20 years, then Tony Gwynn is the best hitter there has been...

Last 50 years, Ted Williams. Last 100 years Ty Cobb. But those are not as relevant.

Ken Griffey Jr. Best player I've ever seen in person. I've seen Bonds too, but I consider Griffey > Bonds because natural Griffey - injuries = better stats than steroids-enhanced Bonds.

Ken Griffey was such a natural. The absolute sickest swing Ive ever seen; if only he wasnt injuried we may have had a legitimate challenger to Hammering Hank

Barry Bonds easily and it's not even close. He was the most feared hitter of all time. If he wasn't hitting a home run, he was getting walked.

Griffey Jr if not for injureez
Bond if not for juicing (remember he was GREAT before BALCO)

Jeter
Hate away

Gabe Kaplah... and Nomah is bettah than Jetah...

and he'll be honored at Fenway on cinco de mayo... greatest evah when he wasn't pouting or injured..

Gabe Kaplah... and Nomah is bettah than Jetah...

and he'll be honored at Fenway on cinco de mayo... greatest evah when he wasn't pouting or injured..

Thats soooo douchey

5/5 for 5

:shitfan:

EPCI FAIL

Bringing that locker room cancer back
ROFL​

Its griffey he is the only one not to have done roids. If griffey was on roids he would have hit close to 900 he would have stayed healthy. There wasn't a sweeter swing i ever saw than when he was in his prime

Back